Mrs Meldrum #73 Scraping the (biscuit) barrel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn't take the kids to a cafe as an incentive for them to do their homework. She does it as an incentive to herself to actually sit with them and get it done. Harder to ignore them in public, eh Reb?

I'm bringing back Tattle Tours (hobbits welcome):

Take a stroll past Ride with me, Tattlers - here we have Rebby in her natural habitat - see how she preens and poses in the window, pausing to admire herself in the viewfinder of her camera while her 8yo teaches her 5yo how to add and subtract?

Of course, Fiyah has been doing homework for yuuuuurs so she can teach Favouritest Middlest FloBelle all she knows.

#smashingit

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Part of my son's homework this week was to tidy his room and change his bed 🤷 my question for Mrs meldrum is, do I take his bed to the cafe?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Rebecca - hundreds
Safiyah and Florence - hundreds
Poppy - £2
Lee - pay for it yourself

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
She says “what I would normally spend in a week” so she is saying it’s a pretty standard spend, nothing different to any other. On top of freebies etc. Good for you if that’s what you have, but so so unrelatable and show offy when people are working 12 hour shifts and two jobs to make ends meet, and both parents working full time. Other vlogs have been grim or laughable but you’ve missed the mark big style with this one. Cringe 😬

Reactions: 14
She’s on another planet isn’t she?!! Another example of jumping in feet first without stopping to think of the consequences. Absolute bellend.

Reactions: 20
What a plonker she is. Honestly. Absolute tool. She is so out of touch with who her followers are it’s laughable.

Reactions: 15
I’d hope Lee would have a serious word if he was going living away from his kids to make ‘dollar’ and she’s pissing it up the wall

Reactions: 11
New thread title suggestion

#74 Liar Liar, Rebegger’s non-gifted pants are on fire but swipe up to find her Business Woman of the Yuuuuur

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't believe half of it.

She is notoriously tight and doesn't buy anything she doesn't have to.
Me either. Even if she did spend that much (and not get her mum to pay for most of it) it’s definitely not a typical weeks spend for them anyway. The video is probably a dig at Tattle after saying their business is going down the pan, losing the big biscuit bucks etc

What a load of crap. 'won't include as that's paid by direct debit' but includes the oil payment? Wtf. Then a spendy day out... So bleeping unrelateable. Completely pointless video. Seven hundred pounds a week and that's NOT your dd outgoings?
She’s showing off. Pure and simple. So relatable

I’d love it if someone carved #ad on that tree next to the proposal! 😂
Best post ever 👏

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh do kindly duck off you pretentious little madam.
If you have that much disposable income, then I highly recommend you get an appointment with a decent hairdresser and a clothing stylist.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Do Scottish primary give lots homework.
Reception here is hardly any work just phonics read a book. Colour in a letter or number.

Even at juniors it's 1 craft related project a term can't easily be done cafe
1 maths sheet a week
Practice spelling
Read regularly and log it..We read before bed or sometimes at breakfast.
Ours get a 2 lots of homework on a Friday due in the following Wednesday - Maths and Literacy. My daughter is nearly 8 and my son is nearly 11 (doing SATS so they get tested weekly)

If I took them to cafe overtime it would takes ages for them to actually get it done!

Reactions: 8
I’ve not watched the vlog. I don’t really care what anyone spends in a week except my husband 🤣

BUT, another smoke & mirrors video from Mrs Meldrum LTD.
Any decent vlog would have listed direct debits (without having to share amounts) and said I’m not including the bills as we all pay different amounts but monthly we pay mortgage, gas & electricity, tv licence, etc.

Then broke down an AVERAGE weeks spending of everything else. Obviously food shop, petrol, dog food. Then if gym is £10 a month write down £2.50 spend. Even if Poppy’s classes are paid in blocks divide it up and include what you’d pay per week. Nursery fees which are non essential for them!
She took those girls out for the first time in ages and used that in a weekly spend! In a normal week she buys tea & cake for her & Lee child free. Ps classes & swimming lessons for S. Her hair/gym/nails (delete as appropriate what you think is paid for 😉) and that’s it.

Reactions: 16
It’s all going to go tits up at some point , it’s only the girls I feel sorry for oh and the poor dog

Reactions: 4
By taking her children to a cafe to do homework is just laying the groundwork for harder times when their older. She's teaching them that if they don't want to do something, have a tantrum and you'll get a treat 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈
Sounds like hoe Mummy Cannon must have raised Reb I’d say!
my middle child is doing GCSEs they do min 2hra homework a night - good job I didnt bribe her with cafe trips to get work done! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve not watched the vlog. I don’t really care what anyone spends in a week except my husband 🤣

BUT, another smoke & mirrors video from Mrs Meldrum LTD.
Any decent vlog would have listed direct debits (without having to share amounts) and said I’m not including the bills as we all pay different amounts but monthly we pay mortgage, gas & electricity, tv licence, etc.

Then broke down an AVERAGE weeks spending of everything else. Obviously food shop, petrol, dog food. Then if gym is £10 a month write down £2.50 spend. Even if Poppy’s classes are paid in blocks divide it up and include what you’d pay per week. Nursery fees which are non essential for them!
She took those girls out for the first time in ages and used that in a weekly spend! In a normal week she buys tea & cake for her & Lee child free. Ps classes & swimming lessons for S. Her hair/gym/nails (delete as appropriate what you think is paid for 😉) and that’s it.
Agree I think oil should have come under fixed spending or the core essentials insurance/mortage / insurances / electrux/ water/ tv and could tax May be %of income.
Then average out monthly classes and activities and /4.
Same give realistic total average spend on petrol and food/ treats coffees and cake comes under eating out in this house.
Dread to think what they spend on clothes.
Doesnt even include lees spending as dident he go out.
His love of designer clothes.
Is there much on rig to spend on.
Are meals included has well as gym.
I assume they have a shop so he can buy his sweeties.

A comment hit nail on the head
Over the yurrs read many comments
Her demographic her main group of fans do seem to be lower income.

If she's managing save as well as spend this daft amount then she's clearly ripping more people off than we thought.

However in last 6months
We can't afford curtains or carpet
I have £1 to my name
We mortgaged up to our eyeballs and stretched ourselves to buy this property which we so so love.
It will take us 2 yurrs pay for a kitchen.
I'm going to be less spendy so we can have kitchen sooner.

The dog was probably 1k plus food bed accessories vets jabs a huge expense to drop in January.

If she had the money for holiday would she not say we booked x for this month and paid deposit.
Like last year no spend Jan.

High views and mixed comments on latest you tube video

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.