Mrs Meldrum #73 Scraping the (biscuit) barrel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems some sheep finding her unrelatable
I don’t understand her. Is she trying to say that the kids won’t do the homework if she stays in the house with them, but they will do it in a cafe?! She’s out of her mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Seems some sheep finding her unrelatable
That response shows just how far from reality she really is. Rebeggar, I'd suggest you shut up. Your ignorance and self centredness is shameful. You're basically saying 50 quid a month on treats for homework cafe, MANY won't have that. You stupid, stupid spoilt little girl. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The homework in the cafe thing - she thinks she is ace at parenthood. Dear god Becs just you wait. Homework shouldn’t be a battle at that age - what the hell are you doing to your kids. Seriously. Children up and down the country do homework - you’ve made your (absurd) views on the teachers and teaching clear previously. what on earth are you filling their heads with?

Just wait until they grow and really defy you ... then you’ll look back to the homework in the cafe moment and maybe think that perhaps it wasn’t the cleverest plan ever. So hilariously out of touch.

One thing - she doesn’t ever mention tattle any more. Is that because she realises once people come across to the tattler side they learn the truth and never leave.
Stupid stupid woman. Screwing up daily!

Reactions: 23
Lets hope so

Why do they have an oil tank ? Why not connected to gas or electric mains ? Solar panels could save them some money, could get a grant! You are welcome meldrums
Oil is the norm in most of Aberdeenshire as the mains gas doesn’t go out that far from the city

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why is it so difficult for her to get the kids to do their homework?
You just tell them to sit at the table and do it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sentences, spelling words and a few sums.
I always got my children to do it after they eat dinner, clear the table and do homework with me there if they need help. Now they are going to secondary they have good habits and will get on and do it without fuss and ask for help if they need it.
I try to keep it relaxed and calm, I’m pretty no fuss about most things. It’s jist a part of their day.

God help her when they get to that stage and need taken out for hot chocolate to do it!
Do they really go to that cafe every school day for homework??

Reactions: 24
I don’t understand her. Is she trying to say that the kids won’t do the homework if she stays in the house with them, but they will do it in a cafe?! She’s out of her mind.
Completely lost the bleeping plot.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
By taking her children to a cafe to do homework is just laying the groundwork for harder times when their older. She's teaching them that if they don't want to do something, have a tantrum and you'll get a treat 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈

Reactions: 27
I've not watched it but looking at the comments and her answers its just a one off week so makes no sense...She said the classes and gym membership are in a monthly payment so shouldn't she break that down and include it.

It's not a real reflection on the subject she is doing a video about...

Reactions: 7
Why is it so difficult for her to get the kids to do their homework?
You just tell them to sit at the table and do it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sentences, spelling words and a few sums.
I always got my children to do it after they eat dinner, clear the table and do homework with me there if they need help. Now they are going to secondary they have good habits and will get on and do it without fuss and ask for help if they need it.
I try to keep it relaxed and calm, I’m pretty no fuss about most things. It’s jist a part of their day.

God help her when they get to that stage and need taken out for hot chocolate to do it!
Do they really go to that cafe every school day for homework??
exactly. I fail to see why it’s such an issue, particularly as the girls are young and the homework isn’t going to be particularly taxing. Yet again she’s dodging actually parenting them - can’t be arsed to sit at the kitchen table for half an hour, but is happy to go out to a cafe and act like a prize bellend staying for an HOUR, only buying 1 drink each and completely bleeping off the staff in the process.

Reactions: 16
By taking her children to a cafe to do homework is just laying the groundwork for harder times when their older. She's teaching them that if they don't want to do something, have a tantrum and you'll get a treat 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈
Absolutely this. I can’t believe she takes them to a cafe to do homework!

Reactions: 8
Just when I thought she couldn't be more of a nob she posts that video! Genuinely a spoilt little princess. I cant afford 12 quid to get my kids to do their homework and we go to cinema sunday morning so its 2quid a ticket and I bet I'm a happier mum than her. She knocks me sick

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She’s making a rod for her own back with the homework!! They will become a nightmare when they are older. A 5 and 8 year old shouldn’t be treated in order to do their homework!! It’s absolutely crazy that she thinks that’s a good idea!! her parenting skills are bizarre, she wants an easy life but in the long run she’s going to have children who are hard work!!

Reactions: 15
A bit like her Herself then. Stampy feet becs!!

Reactions: 15
Mrs meldrum ltd. I would imagine she's putting a lot through business expenses not out of Pat's wages.... mobile phone bills, internet, car expenses, computer and cameras etc. I think when you have a home office running a registered business you can offset some mortgage, electricity and heating expenses. Doesn't Pat also have a drone business? Is that a registered business?

Reactions: 9
exactly. I fail to see why it’s such an issue, particularly as the girls are young and the homework isn’t going to be particularly taxing. Yet again she’s dodging actually parenting them - can’t be arsed to sit at the kitchen table for half an hour, but is happy to go out to a cafe and act like a prize bellend staying for an HOUR, only buying 1 drink each and completely bleeping off the staff in the process.
I could possibly understand taking them to a cafe for a treat on a Friday if they have done their homework all week and had a good week.
But to take them there to do their homework?! It’s bizarre, and just wait til they have different subjects and homework for each one 🙈

Reactions: 13
Mrs meldrum ltd. I would imagine she's putting a lot through business expenses not out of Pat's wages.... mobile phone bills, internet, car expenses, computer and cameras etc. I think when you have a home office running a registered business you can offset some mortgage, electricity and heating expenses. Doesn't Pat also have a drone business? Is that a registered business?
yeah you can run a lot through as business expenses but you have to pay for things as normal and then you can claim a percentage back at the end of the tax year - you dont see the saving until months after you’ve spent the initial money.

Reactions: 8
Ask her in 4 weeks if they still go to the cafe after school to do homework! I very much doubt they will be. So out of touch! It can be hard getting kids to do homework, I get that, but suggesting to other parents that they do it in a cafe every week as it's so much easier? How about encouraging the children to do homework at home and incentivising it with hot choc and pancakes at home as a treat. Maybe she can afford that weekly treat but she should acknowledge it's not within everyone's budget and suggest alternative.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.