Mrs Meldrum #73 Scraping the (biscuit) barrel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I struggle with is how immature Lee is does anyone else know a 30 plus guy who posts such embarrassing stuff pulling stupid faces and such like !!! It’s maybe a generational thing and I’m an oldie if my 25 year old son started doing stuff like that I would be having a word!!! I just find him so cringe and so embarrassed for him can you imagine his workmates on the rig must have a right laugh at his expense!!!!
I don't think it is an 'oldie' thing.
When my son was younger he was in a group of youngster heavily into their sports. Many of them including my son have represented GB internationally and there was good camaraderie between the kids and a lot of support form parents as these kids were dedicated. One father was similar to Lee in that he had to be 'cool' to the kids, every photo had a funny face, practical jokes, was loud etc.
When the kids were under 10, many of them thought he was so funny, so cool to be around and loved his antics, the ultimate lad-dad. As they grew into their early teens however they thought he was embarrassing and actively avoided being around him, and his own kids were mortified by his behaviour and drawing attention to himself and therefore by default, them.
Lee falls into that category, and most of the words I have heard him described as by locals - including my son and his friends - who have come across him in the gym, filming at the beach etc really cannot be repeated. He doesn't seem to to realise that a huge number of people outside his very close circle of friends are laughing AT him, not with him and his girls will soon be at the stage that Dad becomes an embarrassment to them when they are with their friends and that those friends may not view him kindly.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Why doesn’t her Husband get an onshore job and she get a part time job. That way their family can be together at weekends ??? It’s like they are trapped for life in the arrangement they have at the moment and all she will do is moan on a fortnightly basis.

shame “family time” doesn’t include ALL her kids in one outing. If I took my 5 year old out and left my 3 year old at home with dad he would be so very upset and question why he couldn’t come. I’m all for special one on one time but Rebecca doesn’t do this every now and again it’s all the time! It’s like she just wants to take the “easy kids” out and leave the feral (normal toddler) at home with the man slave all the time
Because she’s work shy

What the actual hell is this?! All she does is moan and resent Lee working off shore. If I was an offshore wife I would not look to Grabs for support at all

I also find it disturbing that she has to list having hot cups of tea as something to do, having a drink really whatever it is is a human necessity 😆
I follows that other user for a while she’s hard work. Lots of wordy dreamy posts with background music and b&m calls, she’s a footballers wife not an off shore wife

Reactions: 2
Why doesn’t her Husband get an onshore job and she get a part time job. That way their family can be together at weekends ??? It’s like they are trapped for life in the arrangement they have at the moment and all she will do is moan on a fortnightly basis.

shame “family time” doesn’t include ALL her kids in one outing. If I took my 5 year old out and left my 3 year old at home with dad he would be so very upset and question why he couldn’t come. I’m all for special one on one time but Rebecca doesn’t do this every now and again it’s all the time! It’s like she just wants to take the “easy kids” out and leave the feral (normal toddler) at home with the man slave all the time
If lee has always worked on the rigs he might not have specific transferable skills for a job onshore, the money wouldn't be that great and she wouldn't get the 3 solid weeks of her stay at home husband. I doubt Rebecca would get a part time job, I have no doubts it would be good for her though! But in her head she's a local celeb and wouldn't lower herself. She wants to be home and I guess that's why she was so focused on getting the dog.

I'm an offshore wife, I don't mind it. We only have one child just now but like Rebecca I'm lucky to have my parents support when I'm alone. I had kids later though and spent my 20s being very independent, bought my own house and always had a good career before settling down. I am not as dependent I suppose and wouldn't look to her for support as the shared story suggested

Reactions: 12
Ugh 🤦‍♀️ Just went on insta and here’s her face.... this first thing I see 🙄. Do you think she looks at these photos before actually uploading? Does she realise what an absolute fud she looks!! She is definitely taking her photo inspiration from that head husband of hers! Open mouth, put up victory sign and look like you need a pee..... yes yes yes! The perfect shot! That woman is an affront to herself and her children! My 7 year old daughter would be mortified if I acted like that! And my daughter is a sweet innocent wee toot! Not a pouty, act like a teenager for the insta shot kinda girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why cant they do something to involve poppy .. really annoys me .. yes spend time with the big girls but that's all she is constantly doing . If it not them it's the dog !

Reactions: 16
I don't see anything wrong with her spending some quality time with the older girls on the weekend IF she was having quality time with P during the week when the girls are at school.

Reactions: 18
Love that Nikki at Westholme is calling out shady "influencers" who use swipe up aff links to products they don't buy/use themselves!

Here's looking at you Beggy!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
What are the girls wearing!!!! Nothing matches it all clashes they looked ridiculous 😂😂

Reactions: 22
Love that Nikki at Westholme is calling out shady "influencers" who use swipe up aff links to products they don't buy/use themselves!

Loved that. Especially the absolute shock that people would AFF link things THEY HAVENT EVEN BOUGHT 😂 yes Nikki!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My youngest is the same age as safiyah and has started to be into wearing just black now 😂 it’s hard to keep up! She certainly wouldn’t give two shits if something was from Boden or not! “I’ve just bought you that and it’s from Boden” my daughter would give me the look 🤣 Be nice for Reb to take her on a little shopping trip and choose her own clothes really

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What are the girls wearing!!!! Nothing matches it all clashes they looked ridiculous 😂😂
Just about to say the same. Beautiful girls but look like they've picked clothes from a random dressing up box

Reactions: 20
What the actual hell is this?! All she does is moan and resent Lee working off shore. If I was an offshore wife I would not look to Grabs for support at all

I also find it disturbing that she has to list having hot cups of tea as something to do, having a drink really whatever it is is a human necessity 😆
She is the furthest thing from being inspirational to oil wives I could ever imagine!! Most manage to have their own careers and deal with everything else. In fact most prefer the man out their way as they mess up routines when they’re at home 😂

Reactions: 16
Can’t say my almost 6 year old would wear those shoes. In fact she has started to choose dr martens all the time as they look so good and she saw a paid of shoes like that in the sale and said no as they were baby shoes. Now I hate parents dressing kids too old but I have been that child who was dressed in much younger looking clothing (although my skirts actually fit and were not creeping up legs like that) and rest assured other children can be horrible. Maybe not quite yet at 8 but it would definitely be starting then and definitely in an area like Banchory.

Reactions: 9
Can I just add what was that bloody bore fest on her stories the other night about being a non-drinker like anyone actually cares whether you drink or not. She sounds like shes lost the plot, I think she should have a drink just to lighten up!

Reactions: 21

Love Nikki! She knows how to do it ! No shady behaviour and full transparency !

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.