Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lillypie

My mother in law pretended to have the same cancer as me. Everything that was happening to me happened to her the next day, everything except the hair loss, mouth ulcers, constant sickness and major operation. Her way of explaining why she could go to Asda straight after chemo while I lay with my head in a bucket was that she ā€œmust be made of stronger stuffā€.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Met my MIL in the park at the weekend, she does this weird thing where if she doesn't get enough attention she pretends to faint. My kids were pretending to be on stage singing and dancing and we were watching them so she pretended to faint. I just rolled my eyes and carried on watching my children, I refuse to give her any attention for her 'fainting' lol.

FiL and SIL were all around her fanning her and getting her water. My husband didn't know whether to help her so I told him to concentrate on his children.

This was the first time she had seen her grandchildren in a year the silly cow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Blonde123

Chatty Member
Ohhh this could be the thread for me right now. Iā€™ll start off with a disclaimer that my mother in law is very unwell - and itā€™s not that I donā€™t care. Itā€™s just tough but somebody feel free to tell me if Iā€™m a total bitch.

Back story, back in 2017 when she was first unwell Mr Peaches asked if she could come and stay for a little while. I said I didnā€™t want her too but that didnā€™t matter she was moved in and in my bed and I was in my sons room. Her health improved a lot but a year and a half later she still wasnā€™t going home (which is 10 mins from us) because she didnā€™t want to be ā€˜lonelyā€™ until one day I had absolutely had enough and said it was time for her to go and she did.

Now in 2021 her health has got worse, and Mr Peaches asked if she could stay for a week whilst she was having a weeks worth of treatment. I said as long as itā€™s only for that week. I canā€™t go through it again. He promised.

Here we are 3 months later. Iā€™m sleeping on the sofa. Mr Peaches and MIL are sleeping in my bed. She wakes multiple times a night calling out for Mr Peaches to help her to the toilet like heā€™s not right beside her. She often puts her lunch requests in with me in the morning like I run a cafe. At dinner time she asks for multiple desserts. During the day we have multiple health people coming in and out the house which is very distracting when I have a full time job to do, and the other day she asked me to put the GLUE on her FASLE TEETH which is too far in my opinion.
Sorry your husband is sharing a bed with this mother rather than his wife??? Donā€™t mean to be a bitch, but thatā€™s a bit bloody weird isnā€™t it šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 40

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
You'll like this one.:LOL:

The F-I-L abandoned the mother-in-law for someone else after 25 years of holy deadlock for which she was apopleptic with rage as she had every right to be, During one of these rages she got out the family photographs then snipped him out of every single one using a craft knife which must have taken her hours to do, leaving pictures of my husband as a child sitting on the lap of a headless man.

After she died we were going through her things then found the photo albums she'd altered where in one was a wedding photo of her standing next to a young Brad Pitt wearing a WW2 air force uniform! She had later gone back through those albums to replace the ex-husband's head with ones she snipped out of magazines. We did laugh of course, OH was quite amused that his father looked like Brad Pitt instead of Clark Gable LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Serena6112

Some embarrassing ex-MIL tales (same woman in all of them!)

1) When I overheard her timidly asking my ex if he would mind shutting his bedroom door properly on a night time because weā€™d kept her awake with our ā€˜nocturnal activityā€™ (her words not mine).

2) When she and ex FIL went out for the night so ex and I got stoned, she walked in half cut and sat next to me on the sofa and I was almost head under the blanket petrified sheā€™d smell it on me (they were dead against it) but luckily she was too pissed to notice.

3) This ones mega TMI guys just a heads up!

When I was pregnant and suffered terribly with constipation and after literally four hours of hell and sweat I blocked the loo to the point of no return, not even the ex snapping a branch the size of Calcutta off the tree outside and ramming it into the loo would help, they had to call a plumber out who was shouting ā€˜Jesus has she had a shite or given birth hereā€™ and she just kindly patted me on the back as I stood mortified and said ā€˜itā€™s alright love Iā€™ve hated that loo for years anyway.ā€™

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Cascara

Iā€™ve so many, but one of the best is when my husband told my MiL I was pregnant, she asked who the father was! I laugh about it now. Just.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

MrsWolf

VIP Member
This isnā€™t a bad experience just awkward! My ex boyfriend and his mum were super close and he still lived at home when we were together, quite often when we were just chilling in his room sheā€™d quite happily burst through the door and ask ā€œare you banging tonightā€... šŸ‘šŸ¼

Was never quite sure how sheā€™d react if I actually said yes!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
So the original plan was, she would stay here for ONE WEEK and then if he felt she still couldnā€™t be alone he would go to her house with her and pop back to us when he could which suited me fine. We only have the one child and he was just going back to school after the closures so this plan was perfect. It just NEVER happened and when I asked or even mentioned it to his family I was met with the response that itā€™s best sheā€™s at mine because I have no stairs and an en suite for her to use ... šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

Theyā€™re in bed now. Would it freak you all out if I said he sleeps in his boxers next to her too ..cos itā€™s true šŸ¤®

In the morning I am going to tell him this can not go on and he needs to find a way for her to go home. Either alone, or he can go with her too.

I will need a new mattress when sheā€™s gone. I canā€™t go back to sleeping on it can I šŸ™ˆ

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Mine just never. bloody. stops. talking. & doesn't listen to anyone else. I could honestly tell her I had 3 days to live and had to have my legs and arms amputated and she'd talk over me giving a 2 hour monologue about the price of ham in their local Lidl.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Sorry to say this but I'm very sceptical about Peaches story. My BS radar has been pinging non stop ! Think we're being had and people's kind concern is being manipulated. .....
Lol you donā€™t have to believe me thatā€™s fine. Not sure what I would get from making up a story and having strangers feel sorry for me on the internet. I didnā€™t share the story for sympathy or kind concern. It was to get it off my chest but have a good day either way šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Base2019

VIP Member
My mother in law has now taken to sharing quotes from Facebook about how being a mother is amazing, squeeze your mother for longer next time you see her cos this would make your mother so happy, nothing in this world is better than being a mother etc etcā€¦ all this with me being told in this last year that I will never be able to have children. And she knows this. People can be so horrible

eta: she sends this directly via WhatsApp so itā€™s not like they arenā€™t meant for me

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My MIL is okay, or was okay, until our baby came along. Now she is overbearing

She was worst when he was first born. Wouldnt leave us alone, facetiming us every hour because she 'wanted to see him' then she would be on the phone for about 45 minutes just saying boo? Even though he was a day old and spent most of his time asleep? Constantly patronising, do this, do that.

She has an air to her that she thinks my son is more part of her family than mine, cos she is close by and my family aren't. She says 'well he has my surname' about him. Thinks my Mum shouldn't be that bothered about him because she had 4 other grandkids and my MIL only has the one. She gets the hump if my Mum has been round to see him and she hasn't. Once there was a week where my Mum seen him 3 times. She royally kicked off cos she had only seen him once that week

Makes me feel like shit if he's not reaching his milestones 'on time'. He didnt smile till he was 8 weeks old and from 4 weeks she was saying 'he doesnt smile enough. You need to be doing more. Are you even trying to make him smile?' As if I'm not trying to make my baby smile šŸ¤£ constantly 'is he laughing yet?' 'Is he walking yet?' NO!!! Whenever she facetimes now, which luckily isn't as much now, she ignores me and my fella. Just talks to the baby. The poor baby is more interested in the tele or his toys or climbing on me and his Dad but he's stuck on the phone for 45 minutes with her trying to make him smile and laugh. She gets a cob on if he doesn't smile or laugh. She goes 'WHY ISNT HE SMILING?' Because he doesnt wanna be on the phone maybe???

Oh she's a gobshite šŸ¤£ sometimes I think I'm being petty but Christ it's a lot when you put up with it all the time.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Where are based , Perhaps us tattlers could come and install the handrails and help move* (*kick) her and Mr Peaches out. Wouldn't take us long šŸ˜
South London šŸ¤£ imagine all the tattlers turning up at my door. Mr Peaches like ā€˜who are theseā€™ and Iā€™m like ā€˜my online friends & we all think you lot take the fucking piss. Take your mother & fuck offā€™ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I've mentioned before that mine copies my clothes, which is annoying enough. Yesterday she bought herself a new dress. Luckily for once it's not one that I own. But she sent me a picture on Whatsapp and genuinely wrote "Omg Wilma don't I look LUSH in this dress? I bought it because it reminds me of that gingham one you have but I think this one looks so much nicer".

1. Please, stop looking at my clothes then going out your way to find similar or an exact match
2. Please also stop insulting my clothes when you find a similar one. I don't care if yours is nicer.
3. It doesn't look lush, you look like a table cloth.

• Haha
  • Wow

Elisha97

Chatty Member
This has just reminded me of something. I sometimes used to stay over at my exes house. One time I had a really bad period, blood everywhere and it had leaked into my knickers and bottoms but bear in mind it was just my knickers and bottoms, no where else and it would only be me that knew. Iā€™d folded my pants and bottoms up in my bag so I could just take them home and sort them and bin them if I couldnā€™t cos obviously I couldnā€™t do that at his. I had to hide the pad in there too because there was no bin in their bathroom and the only bin was in their kitchen and I was mortified. I went for a quick shower and when I came back, his mum had gone in his room, into my bag, peeled my pad off my pants (I didnā€™t know what to do with it and figured Iā€™d just sort it when I was home) and started washing them. Bearing in mind my boyfriend at the time didnā€™t know about my mishap and I hadnā€™t told her. I just thought it was really weird and disgusting šŸ¤¢

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31

WilmaHun

VIP Member
Sorry to say but I agree as well. Thereā€™s no way in hell any woman would allow her husband to sleep with his mother in their marital bed for months on end, even though she says sheā€™s not happy about it, and just let it continue. If this is all true I feel so sorry for the wee boy whoā€™s most likely being very damaging by being exposed to this messed-up behaviour. Donā€™t know how any good mother could subject their child to that.
I'm sorry but it's absolutely not fair to question whether she's a good mum or not based on a few posts you've read on a gossip site. That crosses a line.

Reactions: 31

AlanBanan

VIP Member
This thread, wow. Why havenā€™t any of you ladies drank 6 cans of Stella and just knock their MiL clean out? Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: 29