Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boy mum here too. We are a fairly tactile family and often hug and kiss one another but I would never, ever share a bed with them. It’s just weird!
Especially when knowing that his partner has to sleep on the sofa to make space for you!! It’s so weird.

Reactions: 8
My second husband got the other side of the coin with his mother. She actually told him in no uncertain terms that she did not want children at all EVER and only had him to appease his father, so once his father abandoned her she took it out on their only child and blamed him for it! Quite how that works I've no idea but she was a terrible, uncaring, thoughtless parent who had no interest whatsoever in the child she brought into the world, only herself but by the time his father left her the son she did'nt want was 18 and perfectly happy to get the hell outta there to begin a life of his own. Of course in later life she expected her son and me to rally round her because it was His Duty as her son to do so, but boy did she expect a lot from the child she never wanted in the first place :( And the nightmare she left is to deal with when she died was just another smack in the teeth for him.

My own parents were frankly bloody useless seeing as I was raised by my grandparents for that very reason, but going through what we did taught both my husband and I precisely how NOT to raise our kids to which I hope they appreciate that fact :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Wouldn’t piss on mine if she was on fire, pretty much sums up what the evil witch is like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Met my MIL in the park at the weekend, she does this weird thing where if she doesn't get enough attention she pretends to faint. My kids were pretending to be on stage singing and dancing and we were watching them so she pretended to faint. I just rolled my eyes and carried on watching my children, I refuse to give her any attention for her 'fainting' lol.

FiL and SIL were all around her fanning her and getting her water. My husband didn't know whether to help her so I told him to concentrate on his children.

This was the first time she had seen her grandchildren in a year the silly cow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Met my MIL in the park at the weekend, she does this weird thing where if she doesn't get enough attention she pretends to faint. My kids were pretending to be on stage singing and dancing and we were watching them so she pretended to faint. I just rolled my eyes and carried on watching my children, I refuse to give her any attention for her 'fainting' lol.

FiL and SIL were all around her fanning her and getting her water. My husband didn't know whether to help her so I told him to concentrate on his children.

This was the first time she had seen her grandchildren in a year the silly cow.
That’s seriously odd! You can tell if someone has genuinely fainted. My daughter has occasional fainting episodes and the colour literally drains from her face, she looks completely ashen almost green, and is a dead weight if you try to move her. No way can you fake that. Silly woman!

Reactions: 6
That’s seriously odd! You can tell if someone has genuinely fainted. My daughter has occasional fainting episodes and the colour literally drains from her face, she looks completely ashen almost green, and is a dead weight if you try to move her. No way can you fake that. Silly woman!
She never even makes it to the floor just sort of fake shakes and has to be helped to sit down. Then she tells everyone she fainted. I told her once that she might wanna see the dr about that and she said she has but there's nothing they can do 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She never even makes it to the floor just sort of fake shakes and has to be helped to sit down. Then she tells everyone she fainted. I told her once that she might wanna see the dr about that and she said she has but there's nothing they can do 😂😂
Tell her she best stay home then

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My MIL isn't a bad one as such just a bit weird because she basically doesn't talk 🤣 Like seriously I've been with my husband for 16 years and could barely tell you anything about her, her likes, dislikes, personality etc because she never speaks. My FIL is very domineering (almost a bully I would say) and is very vocal about his ridiculously old fashioned views around women such as they shouldn't be entitled to opinions, to speak unless asked a direct q, and how their place is at home cooking and cleaning etc so think my MIL effectively lost her voice and confidence years ago. I dared voice an opinion in front of my FIL once and he responded by telling my husband (in front of me) he had to 'put me in my place and show me who's the boss'. It's kind of sad and I do feel sorry for her but it's also very awkward at times. Even now if I ask her her a question she'll reply with just a nod if possible or if not just a one word answer. I made my husband promise years ago never to leave me in any situations alone with her after it happened once and it was the longest most awkward 30mins ever with me just talking, talking, asking qs, talking some more to try and fill the awkward silence and just getting nods in response from her every so often.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I've got a similar MIL. An attention seeking drama queen who can't bear if the spotlight is on someone else. My SIL (her daughter) is the junior version.
When we got married MIL cried hysterically during my husband's speech and SIL turned up in white see through trousers and a white see through with sparkly white and gold see through underwear underneath :rolleyes:

My poor old FIL was the quietest man ever (he passed away a couple of years ago) I don't know how he put up with MIL for over 50 years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I've got a similar MIL. An attention seeking drama queen who can't bear if the spotlight is on someone else. My SIL (her daughter) is the junior version.
When we got married MIL cried hysterically during my husband's speech and SIL turned up in white see through trousers and a white see through with sparkly white and gold see through underwear underneath :rolleyes:

My poor old FIL was the quietest man ever (he passed away a couple of years ago) I don't know how he put up with MIL for over 50 years.
So glad covid stopped my SIL coming to my wedding but she stil caused hell on from USA and we aint spoken since and MIL played victim too even though she was cause of it

Reactions: 2
So glad covid stopped my SIL coming to my wedding but she stil caused hell on from USA and we aint spoken since and MIL played victim too even though she was cause of it
If I was ever getting married again, I'd make sure he was an orphan with no siblings. I'm not even joking.

With the exception of my lovely FIL, every single one of them have been crappy and abusive to me over the years. Now that FIL is gone, I could quite happily go through the rest of my life without ever seeing any of them ever again.

Reactions: 7
If I was ever getting married again, I'd make sure he was an orphan with no siblings. I'm not even joking.

With the exception of my lovely FIL, every single one of them have been crappy and abusive to me over the years. Now that FIL is gone, I could quite happily go through the rest of my life without ever seeing any of them ever again.
my mil is lovely but because of her past she tries to please everybody at the expense of others and unfortunatley our wedding was at the cost of me and the hubby
my SIL is ex alcoholic and has narcisstic tendencies where everythig has to revolve around her and make it about herself
when it came to me getting married, she made it about herself that she couldnt fly in to see her baby bro get married (they very rarely talk due to her behaviour ), all 8 wedding guests were asked no social media for 48 hours until we posted professional photos. on the day she caused hell on with the MIL via text that she had the right to be there (COVID ??) and had the right to see photos and that, to keep the peace MIL sent photos which we were unaware of.
i got a message the next day saying love the outfits, there was hell on after that

• Sad
Reactions: 5
my mil is lovely but because of her past she tries to please everybody at the expense of others and unfortunatley our wedding was at the cost of me and the hubby
my SIL is ex alcoholic and has narcisstic tendencies where everythig has to revolve around her and make it about herself
when it came to me getting married, she made it about herself that she couldnt fly in to see her baby bro get married (they very rarely talk due to her behaviour ), all 8 wedding guests were asked no social media for 48 hours until we posted professional photos. on the day she caused hell on with the MIL via text that she had the right to be there (COVID ??) and had the right to see photos and that, to keep the peace MIL sent photos which we were unaware of.
i got a message the next day saying love the outfits, there was hell on after that
I fully believe my SIL is an alcoholic, but everyone else (including my husband) completely denies it.
My MIL doesn't even drink, so I don't know what her excuse is. Just a born cow :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Jesus christ, families hey!!!! Absolute nightmare, I definitely think it's quite common to get a bad mil, the attachment to their sons is just too much to bare, you'd think they would know how pathetic they look. Must have a void somewhere and cling on to them because it's all they have!

Is she Gillian McKeith?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Warning this will be a long post

So I really thought I would be coming online to share some good news with you. Last night I said to Mr P in a very serious tone ‘so your mums stuff is being installed at her house tomorrow. What is the plan after that’
He replied and said he will try and get his cousins to help move her home on Sunday. I was buzzing. Like thank god. This nightmare is ENDING.

Today he tells me that his mum has a hosp appt tomorrow which he will attend with her, and the delivery / installation of the stuff to her house is all day. He tried to call them to get a time and they couldn’t give one. I said okay can you not try and move your mums appt to Monday he said no. I said can you ask your aunt to go to her house (who will be at home doing duck all 10 mins away) and wait for the delivery until you get back. He said no she won’t do it. He said I think they will reschedule. This fucked me right off because the last reschedule was a two week wait. He then said he hasn’t dropped all the forms off to make sure her care is activated ... he’s had them for over a week. So it’s clearly not happening on Sunday but he hasn’t told me that.

Today has been testing to say the least. She has randomly come to my dining room where I work to demand food in the middle of the day (she’d had breakfast and lunch)
She complained that I’d run out of crackers (she ate them all)
She then told me that my bedroom where she sleeps is ‘swarming with flies’ I haven’t seen one fly and it wouldn’t kill her to crack open the window. When I questioned her and said show me the flies she said there was one over there. ALL THIS NOISE OCEF ONE FLY ???
She then calls me and Mr P 3 more times to complain about flies. Mr P told me to ignore her. Dinner time comes around and she asks me what I’m cooking tomorrow - erm I don’t bleeping know yet. She asks for me to get her a drink as I’m eating which I think is rude. If you can get up to demand food you can get up to get yourself a drink can’t you.
She then asks for about 3 things to eat after dinner. Then for me to help her lay down into (my) bed. Then asked me to BRUSH HER bleeping HAIR.

Honestly at this point I could have a breakdown!!!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Warning this will be a long post

So I really thought I would be coming online to share some good news with you. Last night I said to Mr P in a very serious tone ‘so your mums stuff is being installed at her house tomorrow. What is the plan after that’
He replied and said he will try and get his cousins to help move her home on Sunday. I was buzzing. Like thank god. This nightmare is ENDING.

Today he tells me that his mum has a hosp appt tomorrow which he will attend with her, and the delivery / installation of the stuff to her house is all day. He tried to call them to get a time and they couldn’t give one. I said okay can you not try and move your mums appt to Monday he said no. I said can you ask your aunt to go to her house (who will be at home doing duck all 10 mins away) and wait for the delivery until you get back. He said no she won’t do it. He said I think they will reschedule. This fucked me right off because the last reschedule was a two week wait. He then said he hasn’t dropped all the forms off to make sure her care is activated ... he’s had them for over a week. So it’s clearly not happening on Sunday but he hasn’t told me that.

Today has been testing to say the least. She has randomly come to my dining room where I work to demand food in the middle of the day (she’d had breakfast and lunch)
She complained that I’d run out of crackers (she ate them all)
She then told me that my bedroom where she sleeps is ‘swarming with flies’ I haven’t seen one fly and it wouldn’t kill her to crack open the window. When I questioned her and said show me the flies she said there was one over there. ALL THIS NOISE OCEF ONE FLY ???
She then calls me and Mr P 3 more times to complain about flies. Mr P told me to ignore her. Dinner time comes around and she asks me what I’m cooking tomorrow - erm I don’t bleeping know yet. She asks for me to get her a drink as I’m eating which I think is rude. If you can get up to demand food you can get up to get yourself a drink can’t you.
She then asks for about 3 things to eat after dinner. Then for me to help her lay down into (my) bed. Then asked me to BRUSH HER bleeping HAIR.

Honestly at this point I could have a breakdown!!!
I really feel for you 😬 not a nice situation to be in at all. I’m guessing because she is up and about that she isn’t terminally ill. I would feel really uncomfortable with someone barking orders at me in my own house. I honestly don’t know why some mothers are so crazy about their sons, it’s mental. It’s like they don’t want them have their own life. She is asking way to much of you and your husband right now. Don’t let her break you!!!!

• Heart
My fella is a Mummy's boy as well. They facetime once a day, phone call every morning and night. She rings him and complains that he hasn't been to visit every day 😂 he has a Mum tattoo. When he says hes going to see her I go 'are you going to get your bitty?' He tells me to piss off

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
My fella is a Mummy's boy as well. They facetime once a day, phone call every morning and night. She rings him and complains that he hasn't been to visit every day 😂 he has a Mum tattoo. When he says hes going to see her I go 'are you going to get your bitty?' He tells me to piss off
This made me laugh so much 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.