Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a danish gf, and I went over to Denmark for the first time to meet the family etc. Her mum announced in danish that her daughter and I would be getting married after I finished university (which was news to me!), and I wondered why everyone was toasting me (SKOL!).

Anyway, that girl dropped me a few months later (!) and the guys after me either cheated, dumped her or were physically abusive. Before she died(her mum), her mum told my ex she should have married me after all ! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t have a mother in law as my boyfriends mum sadly passed away when he was only 2.
My ex mother in law I would say I feel sorry for her but I don’t! She was controlled she just didn’t know it. I would feel ashamed if I was her as she stood by her son even though he is a domestic abuser. From the outside she always wants to display she has a perfect family.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It’s my ex’s mum too I was nodding reading the whole thing ... we had 3 little kids (3 under 2), it was bedtime for them and she called him to demand he drove 40 mins to her house to tune in her new radio to her favourite station. He said yes!!! She was so selfish and would do anything to get his attention

You just described my ex’s Mum! Whatsapp messages all day, making plans for him to visit (without me), texting during TV shows... argh!!!

Some embarrassing ex-MIL tales (same woman in all of them!)

1) When I overheard her timidly asking my ex if he would mind shutting his bedroom door properly on a night time because we’d kept her awake with our ‘nocturnal activity’ (her words not mine).

2) When she and ex FIL went out for the night so ex and I got stoned, she walked in half cut and sat next to me on the sofa and I was almost head under the blanket petrified she’d smell it on me (they were dead against it) but luckily she was too pissed to notice.

3) This ones mega TMI guys just a heads up!

When I was pregnant and suffered terribly with constipation and after literally four hours of hell and sweat I blocked the loo to the point of no return, not even the ex snapping a branch the size of Calcutta off the tree outside and ramming it into the loo would help, they had to call a plumber out who was shouting ‘Jesus has she had a shite or given birth here’ and she just kindly patted me on the back as I stood mortified and said ‘it’s alright love I’ve hated that loo for years anyway.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I love my MIL. She’s a sweetheart.

Does so much for us and adores our son. I have a brilliant relationship with her and (pre covid) would happily just pop in for a cuppa and a catch up with her.

My FIL however.. is a pain in the arse! I’ve told my OH if his Mum dies no way is he coming to live with us.

Reactions: 3
Don’t get me wrong she is lovely but has this air of arrogance and I’m better than you vibe. Not to mention my husband isn’t anywhere near cared about as his sibling who is spoiled & the favourite child.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love my MIL. She’s a sweetheart.

Does so much for us and adores our son. I have a brilliant relationship with her and (pre covid) would happily just pop in for a cuppa and a catch up with her.

My FIL however.. is a pain in the arse! I’ve told my OH if his Mum dies no way is he coming to live with us.
This literally could have been me writing this. She unfortunately passed away a few years ago and my FIL is hellish but can be lovely at times 🤷🏻‍♀️

This literally could have been me writing this. She unfortunately passed away a few years ago and my FIL is hellish but can be lovely at times 🤷🏻‍♀️
My FIL was absolutely lovely, a complete gentleman. He passed away a few years ago and horrible as it sounds, I wish it was her that had gone and that he was still here.

Reactions: 4
Such a difficult one with my MIL, she can be nice as pie to me most of the time but she also is a huge HUGE tit stirrer and continuously creates drama between my partner and his 5 other sisters. When she’s called out on it she’ll harp on about how hard done by she is and how she always gets the blame and cries essentially. Pure bollocks. It winds me up no end but my partner is insistent on running into the same brick wall 20 times a month so what am I to do 🤷🏼‍♀️ she’s also condescending as duck, so patronising and thinks the sun shines out of her 1st child’s arse. She’s also a serial whatsapper, will be continuously texting/calling/dropping in unannounced. AGH.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
This isn’t a bad experience just awkward! My ex boyfriend and his mum were super close and he still lived at home when we were together, quite often when we were just chilling in his room she’d quite happily burst through the door and ask “are you banging tonight”... 👍🏼

Was never quite sure how she’d react if I actually said yes!
My Ex was also super close with his Mum, I remember one birthday we were staying at his parents, and he went and opened all his presents in the morning sat in bed with his mum! She asked if I wanted to get in too.. we were in our mid 20s and I was 😳😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My MIL and I "get on" but probably just out of politeness on both sides. I've had to put up with a lot of crappy comments from her during all the years I've been with my husband. I know for a fact I'm not the type of woman she wants her son to have settled down with. She is very close to my husbands ex girlfriend too.
I think it comes down to us just being totally different people. Shes very materialistic and how people look seems to be important to her. I'm the complete opposite of that.
Makes me sad. I could tell a of a lot of times she has upset me but Id hate for there to be the slightest chance her or my husband see this I would hate to hurt either of their feelings. Makes it worse that I don't have my own Mum around anymore and my relationship with my father is almost non existent.
I get on with my FIL great though and his wife is super lovely

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I can’t bear my in laws. They haven’t seen their grandchildren for a few years, never call , they just don’t show any interest. In return I now show no interest!

• Sad
I can’t bear my in laws. They haven’t seen their grandchildren for a few years, never call , they just don’t show any interest. In return I now show no interest!
The parents of my ex's eldest daughter (not mine) refuse to have anything to do with their grandchild. Bizarre!

• Wow
  • Sad
I had a bloody awful one, she was a bleeping nasty troll. Smashed a frying pan into my car door accidentally on purpose.

She hated the fact that I was from a different culture to their family.

Got her back by having sex with her precious son on her sofa. Now who’s laughing you nasty bint?

FYI we split up soon after. He was as psycho as she was.

I had a wonderful mother in law. She was a real gem. in 25 years we only had one cross word and that was in the height of my divorce from her cheating son. We are still friends today. You could not wish to meet a friendlier lady

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Me and my Mil barely tolerate each other, she thinks I ain't good enough for her son, even after 8 years together.
Luckily she lives miles away so I barely have to see her 😀

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.