Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blonde123

Chatty Member
My MIL was a complete bitch to me a couple of weeks ago, my husband hasn't spoken to her at all since. She has just sent this through. I don't think it's enough. I don't want to see her again. She's probably missing the kids but she can fuck the fuck off.
What did she do?

Blonde123

Chatty Member
She's saying it was a flytipping fine?? Apparently bill that had my name on was outside there shop? But I live no where near the shop and my partner hasn't been in the shop for about a year. She's saying she just explained I worked there (I don't) and they dropped it?
the whole thing is just so bizarre. It always ends in me and my partner arguing which I think is what she wants I just don't know why she'd want it for her son?!
Thatā€™s so strange! Does your partner think itā€™s weird?

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
New thread

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
In 11 years I have met mine 4 times, I could probably walk past her in the street and not recognise her. My husbands family are not overly family oriented due to their being so many divorces/marriages and new families.

When we first met she had disappeared and it turns out she was in abroad. Sheā€™d kicked my husband out when he was 17 and they were only just back sort of speaking. She called to be collected from the airport and my husband made it clear I was coming, but she didnā€™t speak to me and was cross that was the first time she got to meet me.

Sheā€™s ok, sheā€™s very intense when we do see her (she has MH issues) and pesters my husband a lot which he ignores. Iā€™d love a nice MIL but just grateful there are no arguments over who to see at Christmas each year!

Miss98

Omg Iā€™ve been waiting for a chance rant about my MIL... Iā€™ve been with her son for almost 5years now and sheā€™s getting worse and worse and I think itā€™s because she gets more and more worried the more serious weā€™re getting...
first of all, she rings or facetimes her son about 3 times a day! In between WhatsAppā€™ing all day, the worst part is when sheā€™s on the phone she repeats the same stuff sheā€™s said the past 2 days (as if sheā€™s scrambling for things to talk about) and my partner doesnā€™t even have the balls to say ā€œyes you said that yesterdayā€œ.. I have to leave the room when sheā€™s on the phone or FaceTime because I canā€™t bare how much sheā€™s up his arse, he will be watching telly not listening properly to her or scrolling on SM but she never gets the hint and he is too scared to upset her..

I canā€™t blame my partner for being lazy when Iā€™ve seen how she has brought him up, i Think she would wipe his arse if she could... Iā€™ve spent a lot of time trying to teach him how to cook, how to clean etc etc, so when he sends her a pic of a meal heā€™s cooked she replies ā€œmammy taught you wellā€ heā€™s 24.... and she has never let him lift a finger his whole life. Whenever her and my FIL come to our house i would message her saying ā€œIā€™ll cook us a nice mealā€œ and she would reply ā€œno Iā€™ll bring something he would have missed my cookingā€ or she will say ā€œno I donā€™t mind Iā€™ll do itā€ and I think itā€™s because she hates to think that he might like my cooking just as much or more than hers... once she said she would cook something then turned up with costco shit??

before me and my partner moved in together, if he would stay at my parents house she would be ringing him 8/9am the next morning asking when he was coming home cos she was making him food or wanted to go somewhere, if he would ignore her she would ring me or send me blunt texts asking to wake him up.. or she would say ā€œtell ... it doesnā€™t matter.ā€œ weā€™ve had to lie about going out for food a handful of times because she would be jealous... I remember once we were going on a date that night and she text in a family group chat ā€œI have loads of new tops and havenā€™t had a chance to wear themā€œ i wanted to say get your own husband to take you out then... the day we got the keys for our new house she sent me a massive paragraph text saying he will always be her baby and sheā€™s been crying all night, she said we are a family who are there for each other I hope you understand and that she wants to come over for tea.. she gets so possessive over him itā€™s crazy.

she literally canā€™t be wrong, she always knows better than everyone else and will say youā€™re doing something wrong just because itā€™s different to how she does it. When sheā€™s on the phone to her son she will ask what heā€™s ate, then proceed to check how Iā€™ve made it and I should have used a different ingredient.. or she will text me saying ā€œhow is ...ā€ but never asks me How I am. sheā€™s so controlling, my fil once made a comment about me looking beautiful and I should have a baby, she absolutely blew her top and started shouting at her husband telling him to shut up and stop being stupid. I feel sorry for my partner because I know how hard work she is and I donā€™t want it to get any worse, I think if he ever confronted her it would just make it worse for me because she would get even more jealous and worried.

I canā€™t help but feel worried for when we have children because she already has grandkids and thinks she is an expert, Iā€™ve seen her giving the baby juice even after being told that theyā€™re not allowed juice yet, or she will give them sweets even after being told not to... she would show off ā€œhow good they are for nanaā€ when in reality itā€™s because sheā€™s letting them sleep in the bed when the parents specifically asked for them to be in the cot. If she is looking after her grandkids she will message me or her son saying ā€œfed the baby, burped him then changed his nappy now cuddling him. Bought a blanket todayā€œ I literally want to reply so what isnā€™t that what you do when you look after a baby and why are you telling me? She always wants praise and thinks sheā€™s hard done by...

whenever I see the way she texts him it makes me feel sick, she will call him her baby and her handsome boy... I love you so much and miss your company. she still calls herself his mammy and his dad ā€œdaddyā€, heā€™s 24. She will say ā€œring daddy he misses you so muchā€œ

anyways Iā€™ve pissed myself off now so ill stop for now..
Christ....

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Peachesā€¦. Where are the rails going if you donā€™t mind me asking? If itā€™s external thereā€™s no reason she cant go straight away and the rails can fitted retrospectively, I do this with a lot of my patients.

I wish I could help you šŸ˜­
My understanding is theyā€™re going inside the house, to help her get around. Out of the bed to the commode, help her make her way to kitchen ..so on the walls? Does that make sense or am I being played šŸ˜…

Kezza_69

VIP Member
Does she make the catty remarks about you and your OH?
Always . . And we wonder why she moved here from Holland with no friends of her own, and is now mussling in on our friendship group . . Who despise her as much as we do??
Embarrassing thing is, my dear dad, comes to visit regularly from up north, he stays for weeks, all our friends love him, have adopted him as their dad/friend and basically cant get enough of him? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø