Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We only found out how old my MIL was when she died and we could see her passport! She was coy about her age even to get children!
My father in law did not know the missus was nearly 15 years older than him until after their divorce when she died - he thought it was five years! She had fibbed to him for more than 30 years!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My father in law did not know the missus was nearly 15 years older than him until after their divorce when she died - he thought it was five years! She had fibbed to him for more than 30 years!
that's pretty impressive actually, fair play :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My mother is 5 years older than my father. Apparently that's why her age has to be such a big secret :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
not an MIL as we weren't married (thank god), but one of my ex's MIL (and FIL) just seemed to hate me for no reason, everything I did was just subtely criticised, from loading the dishwasher to playing volleyball on the beach. To top it off she was also really unintelligent and having a conversation with her was just awful as she would spout out non facts about everything all the time (I imagine now she would be a Qanon member) was often talking about conspiracy theories about Iran etc

Reactions: 4
I’ve so many, but one of the best is when my husband told my MiL I was pregnant, she asked who the father was! I laugh about it now. Just.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I had a witch mil, but we had kids way before mobile phones & social media, neither her nor us had a landline phone either, was easy to avoid her.
Old bat used to call Mr bizziebody at his work whenever she wanted anything 🤨
Each of our kids she was told about after their birth. Not that she cared about them at all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
My MIL messaged me 7pm sat night asking to “pop over” at 9am the following morning before her Tesco shop. I replied with “no sorry we’ll be at soft play, but another time”. She didn’t reply with another time, clearly annoyed I didn’t drop everything for her 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Mine seems to have no filter whatsoever.

When I bought my car - which is a pre-loved Mini, nothing fancy but I've always wanted one - she said that it wouldn't be very good for HER to get in and out of ..! And then suggested I should have involved her in my car shopping suggestion. Of course, she only ever thinks about herself and how what we do will impact on her.

She also hates the colour - I loooove it (it's chocolate brown - just gorgeous), and got really irritated when a lady at her bridge club (where I take her to), commented on how lovely it is. Ha!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Is the Peaches situation a wind-up? I can't see anyone else really putting up with what is supposedly happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is the Peaches situation a wind-up? I can't see anyone else really putting up with what is supposedly happening.
If you read back on the thread she's already given proof that it's not a wind-up. Not that she has to justify herself to people on an anonymous forum anyway. You could just scroll on if you don't like what you're reading...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My MIL is a hypochondriac pure and simple. She must go to the GP at least once a week and I imagine they are tearing their hair out. She will then phone my wife to give her an update which usually involves a 30 minute rant about how the doctor doesn’t know anything. I assume because they have told her there is nothing visibly wrong with her. She has loved the pandemic. And must have been for a COVID test 10 times, never once testing positive, and she seems positively gutted by this, and is, of course, convinced the tests are simply wrong.

As few years ago, and from out of nowhere, she started walking with a cane, and informed us with great gravitas that she had developed some sort of condition which would make her shrink and be unable to walk in time. The cane period lasted about two weeks then it disappeared as quickly as it came. Her stature and mobility remain unaffected to this day.

She refuses to fly in case the plane crashes, has a panic attack if you reach the speed of 50mph even on a motorway and has a mortal fear of elevators. Hard work to say the least.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If you read back on the thread she's already given proof that it's not a wind-up. Not that she has to justify herself to people on an anonymous forum anyway. You could just scroll on if you don't like what you're reading...
#LeavePeachesALONE

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Mine seems to have no filter whatsoever.

When I bought my car - which is a pre-loved Mini, nothing fancy but I've always wanted one - she said that it wouldn't be very good for HER to get in and out of ..! And then suggested I should have involved her in my car shopping suggestion. Of course, she only ever thinks about herself and how what we do will impact on her.

She also hates the colour - I loooove it (it's chocolate brown - just gorgeous), and got really irritated when a lady at her bridge club (where I take her to), commented on how lovely it is. Ha!
Im so glad you got a compliment in front of her 😁

Reactions: 4
I’ve lurked on this thread for a while and have finally snapped today. I’m on annual leave this week so took this one opportunity today to have some sunbathing in our back garden. While I’m chilling and listening to a podcast in the sun my fella unexpectedly presents his mother to the garden for a cuppa and a chat because she was bored. I absolutely detest unexpected guests and would never do this myself, I just find this down right rude! There I am with an extremely revealing outfit I would never wear in public as I thought I’d be safe in the solitude of my own home but oh no, now I’m uncomfortably rearranging my tits so as not to offend. She goes on to comment on the mess our garden is and actually starts pulling out some weeds while I’m sat there holding on to everything for dear life like a head.

Please can someone reassure me I’m not overreacting here and this is not normal behaviour? He’s always been the worst mummy’s boy and even invited his Nana for a tour of our new house when he knew I was on the toilet for a number two at the same time! I can only imagine the slagging off I’m getting for being a lazy mucky cow etc.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I’ve lurked on this thread for a while and have finally snapped today. I’m on annual leave this week so took this one opportunity today to have some sunbathing in our back garden. While I’m chilling and listening to a podcast in the sun my fella unexpectedly presents his mother to the garden for a cuppa and a chat because she was bored. I absolutely detest unexpected guests and would never do this myself, I just find this down right rude! There I am with an extremely revealing outfit I would never wear in public as I thought I’d be safe in the solitude of my own home but oh no, now I’m uncomfortably rearranging my tits so as not to offend. She goes on to comment on the mess our garden is and actually starts pulling out some weeds while I’m sat there holding on to everything for dear life like a head.

Please can someone reassure me I’m not overreacting here and this is not normal behaviour? He’s always been the worst mummy’s boy and even invited his Nana for a tour of our new house when he knew I was on the toilet for a number two at the same time! I can only imagine the slagging off I’m getting for being a lazy mucky cow etc.
I hate unexpected guests too so can totally sympathise 🙈 people are twats. My in laws always say they don’t like calling on a whim but then they ring when they are 5 minutes away saying they are going to call…. So annoying. Im getting over a serious illness so i can’t get much done in 5 mins before they call if I’m not dressed etc. Really annoys me lol

Reactions: 6
A friend of mine says he doesn’t even let his own mother in if she arrives unannounced 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Maybe having a tit flop out might put her off appearing unannounced again? Worth a try…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.