Mother in law experiences? Share them! 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mother in law is such a selfish bint! Her step daughter has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is having some money problems as obviously she’s unable to work. The in laws are wealthy so in a position to help but they haven’t offered her a penny. I don’t understand how anybody could be so cruel ☹

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The older I get, the more I feel that a lot (not all) wealthy people are that way as a result of being mean with money. I've had a bit of a stressful time lately trying to get a very wealthy person to pay a long-outstanding bill ... and it seems I'm not the only creditor lining up.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The older I get, the more I feel that a lot (not all) wealthy people are that way as a result of being mean with money. I've had a bit of a stressful time lately trying to get a very wealthy person to pay a long-outstanding bill ... and it seems I'm not the only creditor lining up.
Definitely, father in law fell out with his brother last year over a row about what their late mother had left them in their will. He owns several properties out right, runs a successful business alongside his army pension. He doesn’t need any more money he’s just greedy.

Reactions: 8
I once worked for one of the top 5 in the rich list, the bills would come in and ignored, the red bills would come in and again ignored, when the threat of disconnection came in, they would be paid. Mind you that was in the days when banks actually paid interest. They were very mean about somethings, but very extravagant with others.

Reactions: 6
You're not one of skanky price's victims are you????

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can never understand the mentality of leaving money to kids or grandkids in a will when you could give them some while you’re still alive and actually see them enjoy it. Obviously keep enough back to ensure your own needs are comfortably met but why hang on to ££££’s that you’re never going to spend? My niece and long term boyfriend are trying to buy their first house and are £7k short of the deposit as prices have shot up here in the last couple of months. His gran is loaded and is forever telling him how she is leaving it all to him but won’t give or even lend him the money now when it would really help them out.

Reactions: 13
My mother in law is such a selfish bint! Her step daughter has just been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is having some money problems as obviously she’s unable to work. The in laws are wealthy so in a position to help but they haven’t offered her a penny. I don’t understand how anybody could be so cruel ☹
That’s so awful 😔 if they arent going to help in those circumstances I don’t think they ever would by the sounds of it.

My ex's mum is the most evil women, she had something against my youngest the moment they were born! Wouldn't include them anything, if they spoke to her she wouldn't even respond, it's if they didn't even exist , it was so sad when you've got a 4 year old asking why grandma doesn't like them and why other people get birthday cards etc but they don't 😞 , obviously I stopped allowing her around my child , it's certainly no loss !

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
My ex's mum is the most evil women, she had something against my youngest the moment they were born! Wouldn't include them anything, if they spoke to her she wouldn't even respond, it's if they didn't even exist , it was so sad when you've got a 4 year old asking why grandma doesn't like them and why other people get birthday cards etc but they don't 😞 , obviously I stopped allowing her around my child , it's certainly no loss !
This literally breaks my heart 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My grandma was like that with me. I was always told it was because she doesn't like girls. Its great you've stopped your daughter being in that position 🥰

Reactions: 8
Sorry to say this but I'm very sceptical about Peaches story. My BS radar has been pinging non stop ! Think we're being had and people's kind concern is being manipulated. .....
Lol you don’t have to believe me that’s fine. Not sure what I would get from making up a story and having strangers feel sorry for me on the internet. I didn’t share the story for sympathy or kind concern. It was to get it off my chest but have a good day either way 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Lol you don’t have to believe me that’s fine. Not sure what I would get from making up a story and having strangers feel sorry for me on the internet. I didn’t share the story for sympathy or kind concern. It was to get it off my chest but have a good day either way 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
you tell em sister

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My grandma was like that with me. I was always told it was because she doesn't like girls. Its great you've stopped your daughter being in that position 🥰
I think it's similar reasons, my daughter looks very much like her daughter when she was younger, they had a rocky relationship due to stuff, it's all very bizarre 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
No idea why I’m bothering to do this. Mostly because it’s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you can’t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and I’m aware it’s WILD hence why I don’t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think I’ll retire from this thread now ✌🏼

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 29
No idea why I’m bothering to do this. Mostly because it’s not nice to be honest and open up about something that you feel you can’t at home to have strangers tear you down, question your story (and I’m aware it’s WILD hence why I don’t share it much in real life) & call you a bad mother etc. I understand this is the internet and all that but seriously.
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes my psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think I’ll retire from this thread now ✌🏼
I think if you were here to troll (not that I have ever thought that about you) you'd come up with something a bit more gritty than egg freaking mayo as a sword to die on. I am sorry people have made you feel that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Anyway unless I made up some bullshit with my friends & mum on WhatsApp in May purely for tattle which makes me psychotic. Maybe this will give you some answers. Think I’ll retire from this thread now ✌🏼
You don't have prove yourself to anyone hun, you used this place to vent because of the clear name of the thread. If someone doesn't like what you write about/doesn't believe it they should just realise it's an online forum where people can write what they please. If I were you I'd deffo be the same with both mil and your boyfriend x

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You don’t have to explain yourself @Peaches_xox we’re all here for a reason. I didn’t think there was anything absurd about your story. Hoping the situation improves once MIL is back in her own home. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.