Mother in law experiences? Share them! šŸ¤£

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weird thing to say ... words have power!

My mother (who is a narcissist and I do not have a good relationship with), says the most inappropriate things. She was in hospital recently and refused to let a "darkie" (her words!!!) touch her. Such a horrible person.
Thatā€™s horrific. Shame on her.

This made me laugh way too much. Are you going to for brunch wearing your matching outfits? People might think youā€™re twins šŸ™ŠšŸ™ŠšŸ™Š

Letā€™s hope the husband/son doesnā€™t mix you guys up šŸ‘Æā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 2
You'll like this one.:LOL:

The F-I-L abandoned the mother-in-law for someone else after 25 years of holy deadlock for which she was apopleptic with rage as she had every right to be, During one of these rages she got out the family photographs then snipped him out of every single one using a craft knife which must have taken her hours to do, leaving pictures of my husband as a child sitting on the lap of a headless man.

After she died we were going through her things then found the photo albums she'd altered where in one was a wedding photo of her standing next to a young Brad Pitt wearing a WW2 air force uniform! She had later gone back through those albums to replace the ex-husband's head with ones she snipped out of magazines. We did laugh of course, OH was quite amused that his father looked like Brad Pitt instead of Clark Gable LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
My mother in law pretended to have the same cancer as me. Everything that was happening to me happened to her the next day, everything except the hair loss, mouth ulcers, constant sickness and major operation. Her way of explaining why she could go to Asda straight after chemo while I lay with my head in a bucket was that she ā€œmust be made of stronger stuffā€.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
My mother in law pretended to have the same cancer as me. Everything that was happening to me happened to her the next day, everything except the hair loss, mouth ulcers, constant sickness and major operation. Her way of explaining why she could go to Asda straight after chemo while I lay with my head in a bucket was that she ā€œmust be made of stronger stuffā€.
OMG she sounds like an utter nut job!šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ Hope everything is ok with you now hun xxxx šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

Reactions: 6
That is absolutely terrible and unforgiveable. I hope you told her to duck off šŸ¤ŖšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: 5
Sheā€™s an absolute lunatic and the most horrible person iv ever came across. I didnā€™t really have to tell her to duck off tho, after I refused to buy her a top of the range washing machine for Motherā€™s Day she went in a huff and iv not heard from her since šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Sheā€™s an absolute lunatic and the most horrible person iv ever came across. I didnā€™t really have to tell her to duck off tho, after I refused to buy her a top of the range washing machine for Motherā€™s Day she went in a huff and iv not heard from her since šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Thankful for small blessings šŸ™ŒšŸ»šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
What did your partner say?????? I am mortified at this šŸ˜±

Iā€™ve been on holiday (woooo) and my mil and the whole family had a day out in our house? Ordered takeaway and had all the kids over ? I personally donā€™t get it? My family wouldnā€™t dream of it they have their own houses??

over heard her today saying to her son that ā€œshe doesnt understand our sense of humourā€ šŸ„± no just donā€™t find you funny

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Iā€™m kinda miffed off with mine. My partner bless him always makes so much effort, offers to pay for Uberā€™s and days out so they can come down and visit. They never do. Yesterday was my partners little brothers birthday and we thought weā€™d invite them round for a bbq/mini party for him as literally they were just in their house doing nothing, they didnā€™t even cut a cake for him (itā€™s a tiny little room not even a house) in this heat! I canā€™t imagine staying shut indoors in this heat Iā€™d burn up. We said weā€™d pay for them to come so that the little brother could at least have a better birthday but mil said she doesnā€™t want to leave the house as itā€™s too hot and she said weā€™re welcome to visit theirs any time(implying sheā€™d rather we visit her) she literally never makes any effort. Weā€™ve visited them so many times and they still havenā€™t visited our house yet..... itā€™s just so bizarre. I understand if they lived in Manchester and us in London but we both live in London. Iā€™ve never seen a woman who is so lax and uncaring before. Also get this, she basically assumed the little brother could stay over at ours. We donā€™t have any room here and itā€™s really awkward as literally weā€™re living with my mum and dad and my brother. So itā€™s not like we have a spare room or anything. I just found it really rude of them to just assume he can stay over? I would never do that..... honestly I donā€™t even want to talk to them anymore because theyā€™re such strange people

• Wow
I love mine,I knowšŸ˜¬ but she hated me to begin with,the usual not good enough for her son because I wasn't from the "right area" but she soon learned that I didn't take any tit from her and she respected me for it,many years later I think she's brilliant we get on great,there is the line that we don't cross though and we tell her,and my parents,what they need to know and that's it

Reactions: 7
My MIL isn't a bad one as such just a bit weird because she basically doesn't talk šŸ¤£ Like seriously I've been with my husband for 16 years and could barely tell you anything about her, her likes, dislikes, personality etc because she never speaks. My FIL is very domineering (almost a bully I would say) and is very vocal about his ridiculously old fashioned views around women such as they shouldn't be entitled to opinions, to speak unless asked a direct q, and how their place is at home cooking and cleaning etc so think my MIL effectively lost her voice and confidence years ago. I dared voice an opinion in front of my FIL once and he responded by telling my husband (in front of me) he had to 'put me in my place and show me who's the boss'. It's kind of sad and I do feel sorry for her but it's also very awkward at times. Even now if I ask her her a question she'll reply with just a nod if possible or if not just a one word answer. I made my husband promise years ago never to leave me in any situations alone with her after it happened once and it was the longest most awkward 30mins ever with me just talking, talking, asking qs, talking some more to try and fill the awkward silence and just getting nods in response from her every so often.
Thatā€™s awful, the poor woman, makes you wonder whatā€™s going on behind closed doors.

Reactions: 4
I think his exact words where ā€œthatā€™s just her, you know what sheā€™s likeā€. he lives with her now šŸ˜‚
That's how they get away with it, nobody challenges them. Vile woman, to pretend something as horrible as that for attention. Hope you are on your way to recovery ā¤.

Exactly. Poor woman. That poster doesnā€™t have a MIL problem, her FIL is an abuser.
My FIL is an awkwardly quiet man & I always felt very uncomfortable around him as Iā€™m very socially awkward as it is but the situation above is totally different. Sounds like her FIL has reduced her MIL to a shell of a woman. She needs saving šŸ˜¢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
@Captainmouse Sadly nothing has changed and Iā€™m getting more and more angry as the days go on. Iā€™m preparing myself for a big shouting match this evening.

The things she needed for home were due to be delivered and installed last week, (commode, hospital type bed, chair, and bars for her to be able to move around a bit) and Mr Peaches said she would be going home on Sunday (yesterday) all being well. Everything got delivered apart from the bars and Mr Peaches called up Thursday and they said yeah we didnā€™t order them will do it now.
NORMAL people would have chased it up by now but heā€™s just been sleeping in bed during the day (with his mum šŸ™„) so itā€™s back to having no idea when sheā€™s leaving. If she ever is xx

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
thats awful šŸ˜ž just up sticks, move yourself to her house, you shouldnā€™t be on the sofa

Her house is a bit of a shithole tbh. I can see why she doesnā€™t want to go back. Years and years of hoarding crap. Mr P had to clear the whole downstairs to make room for her downstairs living but he just shoved it in the rooms upstairs (I woulda got a skip but thatā€™s none of my business šŸ˜‚)

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.