Molly-Mae Hague & Tommy Fury #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it has a lot to do with her and Tommy as a couple - Tommy is the brother of one of the most famous sports personalities in the world so there is a lot of interest in them, and the fact that they are still together (rare for Lovre Island couples) and seem to be living their best lives makes them #couplegoals (lol).

Also, Molly was already an influencer so was already skilled in putting out carefully curated content. She's one of the very few former Love Island people I follow because the rest just post a constant stream of tit, whereas i'm actually interested in Molly's content.

All of this adds to her popularity/follwer and subscriber numbers which in turn means that companies want to work with her. She also gets to be selective about the companies she works with (as seen in the Missguided doc) which in turn means better content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I’ve honestly never watched Love Island but I still follow Molly

Reactions: 5
This! Remember at the reunion, Anton in particular was vile to her.. People jumped on that, I couldn’t understand the hate. The DM were on her back as soon as they came out of the villa which doesn’t help..

I think she handled herself pretty well in the villa considering the producers threw both Maura and Lucie at Tommy.
I hated that unnecessary drama at the reunion and in the papers, where they just completely milked the fact Anton unfollowed her. Molly didn't look one bit bothered that he didn't like her or that he had unfollowed her. If you search any of the islanders from any season, there's always someone from that same season they don't follow anymore 😂 But with Molly they just made a big song and dance about it. All the papers, especially the DM seem to have it in for her

Reactions: 7
Anton was such a hun and ironically, one of the fakest ones on that series.

Maybe I perceived things differently because I already followed Molly before Love Island, but all she really did was browse the lads before committing and then get a bit worked up because she felt threatened by Maura being like, really aggressive in her pursuit of Tommy. It's basically normal behaviour for a 19 year old.

Everyone on Love Island acts like they are ancient though, and they're so gung ho in coupling up quickly to secure their place.

Reactions: 9
I think people like her cos she’s really pretty but also down to earth and relatable, she doesn’t milk the ads like some of those fame hungry losers constantly shilling teeth whitening products n all sorts of BS

Reactions: 12
I think people have faith in her because the two main brands she's worked with - PLT and BeautyWorks she's worked with since before LI. Not saying she wouldn't have jumped ship if she hadn't been offered more money by another brand but I think it adds authenticity to watch her old videos and see her wearing PLT and using BeautyWorks, instead of scrolling through her insta and seeing whatever random ad she's decided to do that day.

I think she created a core brand for herself that suited her before she went into LI, and since then she's just further built on that. Everything she wears, posts, promotes, films etc is entirely on brand for her.

Meanwhile other islanders come out the villa and have to start from scratch trying to create that brand for themselves and competing against the others all trying to do the same thing. They're probably also overwhelmed with offers so just go for any good paying ones (which is why there's really random ones) and don't have the knowledge or skills to think of a long term career to forge from it, and how all the ads could be detrimental to that.

Molly had created her brand and image before LI and her fame from that only catalysed her career, rather than created it

Reactions: 26
I think people have faith in her because the two main brands she's worked with - PLT and BeautyWorks she's worked with since before LI. Not saying she wouldn't have jumped ship if she hadn't been offered more money by another brand but I think it adds authenticity to watch her old videos and see her wearing PLT and using BeautyWorks, instead of scrolling through her insta and seeing whatever random ad she's decided to do that day.

I think she created a core brand for herself that suited her before she went into LI, and since then she's just further built on that. Everything she wears, posts, promotes, films etc is entirely on brand for her.

Meanwhile other islanders come out the villa and have to start from scratch trying to create that brand for themselves and competing against the others all trying to do the same thing. They're probably also overwhelmed with offers so just go for any good paying ones (which is why there's really random ones) and don't have the knowledge or skills to think of a long term career to forge from it, and how all the ads could be detrimental to that.

Molly had created her brand and image before LI and her fame from that only catalysed her career, rather than created it
I totally agree with all of this and at least she was always quite upfront about going on to get more exposure as an influencer

Reactions: 6

This is spot on. I really like Molly, she has a great business mind-set and comes across very down-to-earth in her vlogs.

Reactions: 14
I think she became so popular because she dressed well in the villa, did her hair and makeup etc. so when she came out and promoted fashion and hair products people genuinely took her opinion because we had seen her on TV and trusted her opinion/her eye

Reactions: 11
Love the video of her sister going into Karen mode, trying to get the captains to take the boat back to shore LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Completely agree with this. She's the only LI person I follow now, I genuinely think she's a good influencer (well, as good as one can be). I liked her videos showing how to edit ect. It shows younger viewers that it's all smoke and mirrors, which is important. She doesn't bomb the place with awful ads, like the others. I used to like Olivia Jade Atwood for the reason, but now she will flog ANYTHING. Lost all integrity as an influencer, because she's clearly in it for the money only. Not because she likes an actual product. I appreciate they all are adverts, but at least with Molly you know she uses them and isn't trying to flog anything. She's also really young still and seems to have her head screwed on.

Reactions: 11
The boat thing is wild, I get it would have been scary but so dramatic

Reactions: 6
Anton was such a hun and ironically, one of the fakest ones on that series.

Maybe I perceived things differently because I already followed Molly before Love Island, but all she really did was browse the lads before committing and then get a bit worked up because she felt threatened by Maura being like, really aggressive in her pursuit of Tommy. It's basically normal behaviour for a 19 year old.

Everyone on Love Island acts like they are ancient though, and they're so gung ho in coupling up quickly to secure their place.
I actually think Anton is one of the most genuine people on Love Island ever..he wasnt afraid to say that he didnt like her..thats life we dont all get on..i follow him since honestly comes across very genuine & humble always

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually think Anton is one of the most genuine people on Love Island ever..he wasnt afraid to say that he didnt like her..thats life we dont all get on..i follow him since honestly comes across very genuine & humble always
I felt like he just didnt like her because she werent interested in him

Reactions: 25
I can’t swim so I would have been terrified, but molly and Zoe are both lifeguards, I can’t imagine it being THAT dramatic lol

also why was maura crying 😂😂😂

Reactions: 8
tbh molly definelty has her faults and annoys me as much as only other islander. But its her style that keeps me following her especially cause its easy to buy the pieces as there normally from PLT. The only 2 islanders i follow is her and dr alex

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.