Molly-Mae Hague & Tommy Fury #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's joking lol

I also just watched her stories there and the person being raging at her for the renting comment. Lol it is a waste of time to rent everyone is so offended by everything she says or does
What she said was insensitive. She makes it clear time and time again how unaware of her privilege she is.

Going on about how renting is a waste of money when she could afford to live just about anywhere she wants. Paying an extortionate amount to live in a run down house with a scam artist for a landlord because you have no other choice is not ā€œwasting moneyā€ itā€™s being underprivileged. Paying over Ā£3k to rent a luxury apartment is wasting money.

Talking about how proud she was to pay her own rent at 18, not even acknowledging the pure luck she had to have been in that position. Few people could afford that at 18 and she didnā€™t even have a full time job!

She got lucky at an early age, knows nothing about the real world and is too blindsided by privilege to care

Reactions: 20
What she said was insensitive. She makes it clear time and time again how unaware of her privilege she is.

Going on about how renting is a waste of money when she could afford to live just about anywhere she wants. Paying an extortionate amount to live in a run down house with a scam artist for a landlord because you have no other choice is not ā€œwasting moneyā€ itā€™s being underprivileged. Paying over Ā£3k to rent a luxury apartment is wasting money.

Talking about how proud she was to pay her own rent at 18, not even acknowledging the pure luck she had to have been in that position. Few people could afford that at 18 and she didnā€™t even have a full time job!

She got lucky at an early age, knows nothing about the real world and is too blindsided by privilege to care
Do we know what she was doing at 17/18 to be able to do that before we cast judgement (not trying to be sassy I just genuinely don't know what she did prior to love island?)
I moved out at 18 in a popular area and decent flat whilst working fulltime in Poundland, people made assumptions about me

Reactions: 4
Brits are really obsessed with owning homes. I agree that if you have the money to comfortably buy a house, then that's a better investment. But renting isn't a waste of money if that's your only option. House ownership is just another status that makes young Brits feel bad about themselves. I have quite a few friends/colleagues in Germany and even those with great salaries don't care for buying. There isn't is the same level of snobbery towards renting over there. Having said that, I can't believe someone got uppity with Molly about it - it's not exactly a hot take!

Reactions: 18
I do wonder why she doesnā€™t buy though if she thinks that renting is a waste of money. I mean she could easily afford a nice property in a nice area in manchester/cheshire. Maybe sheā€™s saving up for a multi million pound mansion?! Surely she can afford a 1 mil house by now? I wonder if itā€™s because she doesnā€™t want to take the plunge with Tommy and be tied to him forever.

I do wonder why she doesnā€™t buy though if she thinks that renting is a waste of money. I mean she could easily afford a nice property in a nice area in manchester/cheshire. Maybe sheā€™s saving up for a multi million pound mansion?! Surely she can afford a 1 mil house by now? I wonder if itā€™s because she doesnā€™t want to take the plunge with Tommy and be tied to him forever.
She Said they haven't found something they're in love with yet and they like their flat so don't mind waiting despite not having to rent

Reactions: 2
... in response to this in particular, fake tanning has been around for years.. way before social media or the kardashians were a thing. If tanning helps people feel better about themselves then so be it in my opinion.
not trying to go off topic again because Iā€™m sure weā€™re all over it but I just caught up and I was more alarmed at filter being lazy and not just using their own content

However just wanted to add another problem people and myself have with regards to tanning is that,(some not all) girls literally inject themselves with melanin these days just so they can get darker or use other extreme methods of a more permanent tan when itā€™s clear they wouldnā€™t have achieved that look naturally. I think that along with all the other extra tit (hair, facial features etc) is definitely harmful especially when POC are being told they look like theyā€™re trying to look like kylie Jenner or racially ambiguous when thatā€™s literally their natural face/skin/hair or whatever

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Brits are really obsessed with owning homes. I agree that if you have the money to comfortably buy a house, then that's a better investment. But renting isn't a waste of money if that's your only option. House ownership is just another status that makes young Brits feel bad about themselves. I have quite a few friends/colleagues in Germany and even those with great salaries don't care for buying. There isn't is the same level of snobbery towards renting over there. Having said that, I can't believe someone got uppity with Molly about it - it's not exactly a hot take!
I donā€™t think itā€™s snobbery because for the most part renting in England at least is extortionate. Iā€™ve always found rent abroad to be comparatively cheaper so it makes sense for people to rent there. I think it kind of is a british thing where you do eventually buy your own house and I think itā€™s a good thing, weā€™re historically called a country of buyers rather than a country of renters (usually applied to like Italy/Spain I think).

She said on her stories her and tommy have been looking for a house for a year so it takes time. Be interesting if they go half and half though. Maybe it would work as some kind of investment if their relationship didnā€™t work, who knows

Reactions: 3
I donā€™t think itā€™s snobbery because for the most part renting in England at least is extortionate. Iā€™ve always found rent abroad to be comparatively cheaper so it makes sense for people to rent there. I think it kind of is a british thing where you do eventually buy your own house and I think itā€™s a good thing, weā€™re historically called a country of buyers rather than a country of renters (usually applied to like Italy/Spain I think).

She said on her stories her and tommy have been looking for a house for a year so it takes time. Be interesting if they go half and half though. Maybe it would work as some kind of investment if their relationship didnā€™t work, who knows
I agree with Molly, renting IS a waste of money (before anyone starts Iā€™ve been renting 8 years).
Youā€™re paying for a property you wont own, paying someone elseā€™s mortgage and usually rent is ridiculously high.
Poor girl she isnt allowed an opinion on anything šŸ™„šŸ™„

Reactions: 14
I rent and I think its a waste of money as well. Me and my fella are saving for our 'dream home' which probs isnt gonna be on the same scale as Molly and Tommy's dream home. We're renting while we wait and tell you what it is!! A waste of money

Reactions: 5
Renting is literally a huge waste of money. Itā€™s not snobbery lol. Iā€™d never ever advise anyone to do it. Like mentioned above majority costs nearly as much as a decent mortgage. And house properties nearly always go up in value. I know itā€™s common for people to rent to get out their parents houses etc. And some peoples parents even make them pay to live at home eventually so it seems to make sense... but itā€™s not ideal. Ideally (and personally as Iā€™m 20) I would live home for as lond as possible, save and save and get an actual property. Renting at uni alone was terrible having someone constantly tell you what to do and barely having control over where you live. It really should be completely avoided, landlords are pricks lol and all the money is a complete loss. Goes to nothing

Also made a new thread for blackfishing as someone suggested it would be a good idea. if anyone wants to watch the thread we can discuss controversies there instead next time :) I think we need a new thread for Molly soon too lol https://tattle.life/threads/blackfishing.10442/

Reactions: 6
Renting is dead money anyone that gets offended by that is stupid. She's not saying everyone that rents is poor and should die. You're literally just paying someone else's mortgage and getting nothing in return at the end of it.

Reactions: 11
They live in a very nice part of Cheshire / Greater Manchester and they probably could not afford a decent property here. It is one the most expensive areas outside London. I would like to add they rent a penthouse that is about Ā£3k per month but would probably require a mortgage (i dont think they would be secure lenders in the present market tbh)

Reactions: 1
To everyone saying it's wrong to get offended from someone saying renting is dead money/a total waste.

That's the point. The state of the country means that so many people have no choice but to waste money on rent because the alternative is being homeless. And I can gurantee those people aren't living in properties like Molly's.

If she's that bothered about it she can afford to buy probably multiple properties.

It's like food shopping in Harrods then complaining to someone at the food bank how expensive food is. Insensitive at best.

I'm not saying that person was right to message her calling her "Miss Money Bags" but actually at the end of the day, yes, she is compared to the vast majority of people.

Something has gone massively wrong if in a wealthy and developed country it's just accepted that many people will never be able to afford to own property and will instead have to waste their money paying an overinflated figure to someone, just to live in a substandard property. Do we really not want better for ourselves and for others?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
To everyone saying it's wrong to get offended from someone saying renting is dead money/a total waste.

That's the point. The state of the country means that so many people have no choice but to waste money on rent because the alternative is being homeless. And I can gurantee those people aren't living in properties like Molly's.

If she's that bothered about it she can afford to buy probably multiple properties.

It's like food shopping in Harrods then complaining to someone at the food bank how expensive food is. Insensitive at best.

I'm not saying that person was right to message her calling her "Miss Money Bags" but actually at the end of the day, yes, she is compared to the vast majority of people.

Something has gone massively wrong if in a wealthy and developed country it's just accepted that many people will never be able to afford to own property and will instead have to waste their money paying an overinflated figure to someone, just to live in a substandard property. Do we really not want better for ourselves and for others?
Again... it's not insensitive to say renting is a waste of money lol.

If she said it was just awful having to live in her luxurious penthouse apartment because they couldn't find a house they liked... maybe then it would be insensitive given that majority of people couldn't afford that and she's complaining but she didn't.

She said renting is a waste of money which it is. Lol her plan is to buy eventually but she's not gonna waste her money on a property she doesn't want so she has to rent in the mean time which a lot of people do when they're waiting to buy a house.

Reactions: 6
I agree with Molly, renting IS a waste of money (before anyone starts Iā€™ve been renting 8 years).
Youā€™re paying for a property you wont own, paying someone elseā€™s mortgage and usually rent is ridiculously high.
Poor girl she isnt allowed an opinion on anything šŸ™„šŸ™„
The reason its a waste is because once most of us retire our pension will only be a amall portion of our income while working.. therefore we wont afford rent. So by owning owns house prior to retirement we give ourselves a chance of a decent retirement. Dont know why she got abuse for that commemt!!

Last edited:
can someone start a thread on Black fishing because id actually realty like to discuss and try to understand it? And how is it not appropriating white culture when POC straighten their hair, lighten their skin, have blond highlights? but if a white girl tans and braids her hair she's told she appropriating culture?

but also how do you know that's what their trying to do?
because poc were oppressed, told their hair is ā€œnappyā€ hair and unacceptable in society... along with having lighter skin to get a better job and bow down to white standards. So there is a history as to why. White people have never been oppressed by poc, white people have gone around the world and colonised. Forcing religion, culture and oppression on those. Hence why native Americans and Australians have been nearly wiped out. I could go into more depth but i shouldnt have to educate people when they can research easily for themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.