MOD & FOD #7 When my grid gets full of #pressdiscount plugs, it’s time to whip out my saintly scrubs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched and can’t believe how frumpy and dumpy that outfit makes her look. Big fan of M&S dresses but they do the occasional howler and for some reason have decided to put her in one of them 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also that hair does duck all for her, she looked so much nicer darker.

Reactions: 8
I unfollowed months ago because mod is so whiny in her dulled tones and he’s just not that funny. MandS are on their arse-making losses-not paying for models-letting influencers take the model lead-sad times

Reactions: 10
Quick question: is #pressdiscount a sneaky way around VAT for the companies supplying the goods, or the influencers receiving?
VAT should still be applied on the discounted price, if an item is gifted VAT on the full price.

Reactions: 3
I bet she's wishing she had accepted what Whistles offered her, it would have been a much better fit - but of course she went where the money is and as a consequence has to wear this old tut.
Did Whistles want to work with her?? I hope not, I buy a lot from there.

I unfollowed months ago because mod is so whiny in her dulled tones and he’s just not that funny. MandS are on their arse-making losses-not paying for models-letting influencers take the model lead-sad times
House of Fraser tried the whole Influencer/Instagram advertising to try and save them and look what happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That dress looks awful, first rule of styling, you don’t want the widest part of an outfit to hit the widest part of your body as it’ll just make you look bigger than you are. The length is all wrong too, whoever gave her that to wear should be sacked.

Reactions: 9
Ouch. There are 53 comments on that M&S post, 50 about how bad the dress is. Epic fail and I expect Clemmie knows it; the dress hasn’t made an appearance on her account.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Can someone link to the comments, please?

Fact is, even a 5ft 10", willowy professional model, who knows all the right poses and her best angles, would look dumpy in that sack. On Gimmie, that dress looks like two pigs wrestling in a sack.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can someone link to the comments, please?

Fact is, even a 5ft 10", willowy professional model, who knows all the right poses and her best angles, would look dumpy in that sack. On Gimmie, that dress looks like two pigs wrestling in a sack.
I’m not sure how to link but if you go to the M&S Instagram account (handle: marksandspencer), you’ll find it there.

Reactions: 3
My friend has that dress and it looks good on her but she has no hips and is a size 8. But the previous video Clemmie did she looked awful in them clothes as well. Not sure if Clemmie is styling herself or M&S are but they are not picking the right clothes for her.

Have just looked, and it's really bad. Very bad. Shirring waist only look good if you have a long, slender torso. And, if this was a professional photo shoot, where was the professional hair stylist? Her hair has a weird kink in it and the colour looks strangely faded?

Isn’t this the ‘Clemmie’ coat?! Looks fantastic on this lady, plus she’s a member of M&S staff! 🤗
I’d have some respect for the company if they featured their own employees in their AD campaigns, rather than the influenza brigade of greed! 🤯

Attachments

Reactions: 9
E4298155-0A4E-41FC-A143-DF7F78B7D615.jpeg
A7FF3A98-6B95-4A2F-976C-92B847A49109.jpeg
A98C582A-C420-4394-83F2-E468967A59AD.jpeg
9F02674B-AB0D-4A52-B5CA-A3DA0BD94C53.jpeg

Wonder if Clemmie will check who’s liked the comments and block them all!

And remember my tattle friends, this ‘work’ with M&S is what she’s most proud off. This is her big achievement. She made it now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Actually, watching that IGTV thing, MOD looks quite uncomfortable, I reckon she knows that dress looks awful, sometimes doing anything without questioning it for money doesn’t go in your favour. I’d be sceptical about any fashion advice she has to offer after that.

Reactions: 6
That dress is one of the most hideous items of clothing I’ve ever seen and it’s worse than the other ugly dresses she’s worn on behalf of M+S, remember the Mauritius shocker?

The Stylist hated her and gave her that shocker on purpose😁

Reactions: 8
Oh no... just watched it, I think Clemmie is really attractive, but that dress, whilst I do like the pattern (quite quirky, retro) it does look frumpy. I don't think it is the right dress for a bigger boobed lady. Obviously, no body shaming, and of course sometimes you've gotta wear what you like even if it doesn't suit or flatter your figure. I mean who says we ought to only wear clothes that enhance and flatter?
However, it kind of feels like karma the negative reaction it's getting...See, Clemmie, it pays to be modest and honest and then people support and like you, even if you make odd choices...
Perhaps she chose these items, and the M&S crew just let it play out, maybe they're Tattlers.
It doesn't flow though, and she sounds awkward. If M&S are going to try and use what they think are 'every day' and relatable' women, it's a bit incongruent to then use fashion jargon that said 'every day mums' would not use... And as some of you have said already why does she keep saying "a trainer"??? just say "trainers" ffs.

I mean imagine chatting with your mate about what you're planning on wearing that night "a high necked dress that nips me in at the waist, a chunky knit jumper, turning it into that skirt a d jumper look and paired with bare legs and a trainer. You?"
"Dress and trainers mate."

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.