MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was so tempted by a Tiba and Marl, and decided to treat myself, reasoning that ~£100 for a really lovely leather backpack wasn’t actually that unreasonable, and had chosen a plain one that I’d get a lot of use out of post change bag time.
They’re PLEATHER. £100 and upwards for a bloody plastic backpack. duck that quite frankly.
Same. When I realised they were pleather I bought myself a nice small cross body bag and the baby stuff got put in a tote bag and lobbed under the pram. The baby is nearly 2 and I still use my handbag daily . Doubt the over expensive pleather rucksack would still be going!

Reactions: 4
Why aren't the twins at nursery anyway? They normally are in the week aren't they? It's not like they are at school yet so have the school holidays to contend with.
Well, call me overly cynical, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the twins were kept out of nursery, specifically so the ODs could stage a montage of "Oh, look we really struggle with the work/childcare balance, just like you guys. No, honestly we really do" after the debacle of NannyGate.

Reactions: 3
I too got suckered in. I spent the whole time I was pregnant paying off my credit card so I could happily go into maternity leave without debt. Enter InstaMums and suddently I'm a few grand in debt. It was some of the merch but mostly just the consumerism that came along with it. I barely remember the first year of being a mum cos I was so shell shocked and tired and that's why I hate all this. They prey on the incredibly vulnerable new mums and they should know better.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Imagine reading these genuine stories of how you've made people feel & not feeling reflective let alone remorseful about it.

Reactions: 16
Well, call me overly cynical, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the twins were kept out of nursery, specifically so the ODs could stage a montage of "Oh, look we really struggle with the work/childcare balance, just like you guys. No, honestly we really do" after the debacle of NannyGate.
I reckon that because the girls are off school, and they have a busy summer holiday planned they may have taken them out of nursery to avoid the fees for the summer (private schools have 8 weeks usually) and as the girls are now rising 4 they are transitioning to a private kindergarten or preschool attached to the school Marnie is at?

Reactions: 2
She should be grateful she gets to work from home and enjoy her children during the holidays, not that she does. Many would love to be able to be around and not stress about summer clubs and actual childcare, it’s another “I’m just like you” ploy and it’s so disrespectful and screams over privileged spoilt brat. Its not even a - my children are bored what should I do with them point but a oh o I don’t have time to look after them properly because I need to write some more bullshit out on my blog. Imagine being at home and having the chance to have adventures with your children and choosing to witch and moan that parenting them is getting in the way of your blog because it is just a blog no matter how much you self inflate it and anything midwife based would be out of date seeing as you do one day a week.

I just cannot believe the audacity to be complaining when you’re in such a position of privilege?!
Book all your children into summer camp and clubs so they’re busy and not stuck at home with your sour face.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi Clemmie! 👋🏼 We know you read here hun 🤭 what a shame you lack the ability to self reflect and see just how horrid your social media presence is, and so cowardly to just block people rather than engage in honest conversation. I thought you enjoyed starting conversations? Or are they only ones that benefit you? 😏 why don’t you actually read the posts by mums here who’ve shared their experiences of feeling insecure and being swayed to buy buy buy because of people like you. The reason there are so many threads and comments about you is because you exploit your children and women. Some ‘midwife’ 😒

She should be grateful she gets to work from home and enjoy her children during the holidays, not that she does. Many would love to be able to be around and not stress about summer clubs and actual childcare, it’s another “I’m just like you” ploy and it’s so disrespectful and screams over privileged spoilt brat. Its not even a - my children are bored what should I do with them point but a oh o I don’t have time to look after them properly because I need to write some more bullshit out on my blog. Imagine being at home and having the chance to have adventures with your children and choosing to witch and moan that parenting them is getting in the way of your blog because it is just a blog no matter how much you self inflate it and anything midwife based would be out of date seeing as you do one day a week.

I just cannot believe the audacity to be complaining when you’re in such a position of privilege?!
Book all your children into summer camp and clubs so they’re busy and not stuck at home with your sour face.
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 100% this!!! 👆🏼

I used to think deep down she was probably a nice person and just got caught up in it all, but it just keeps getting worse 😒

Everybody makes mistakes. I know it's not the same, but I spent stupid amounts when I was severely depressed. Buying something new helped me feel better in that moment and I was easily spending £100 a month.

You have to remember though that you were doing your best. I don't have any children yet, but I honestly know that I too would have fallen into the insta trap.

Have you got a repayment plan in place? Stepchange is a charity that could really help you if you haven't contacted them already.

But you are good enough already. Your baby won't know or care about any of that. My mother and hundreds of other women raised children without a sleepyhead. If my mother would have had a changing bag I can honestly picture it being a plastic carrier bag. The pump for my sister was a simple manual avent one. You do what you can- and that is enough.

To ALL the mums reading this, this is spot on!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Being loved, fed, played with, given attention, clean and safe. That’s what babies and kids need. Not £30ph nannies at a family weekend away or a Tiba and Marle bag 🙄 they definitely don’t need cliquey privileged instashitmums flogging freebies to their mums just trying their best! Our babies and kids need us ❤

Last edited:
It enrages me that they deliberately target women when they are at their most vulnerable and suggestible i.e new Mums. New Mums are often so anxious to get everything perfect, and being confronted by staged Insta images of blissfully sleeping babies cradled by their stylish YummyMummies in their £65 slogan t shirts can only serve to make your average Mum feel like crap.

• Heart
  • Sad
I used to think they were a nice little family too (though never got to the fan girl stage)... I do think FOD is probably a lot nicer than her, aside from being very self absorbed. MoD however is just a nasty piece of work. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Her snarky replies are just cringe and you can tell if the other person is emotionally challenged then those responses can really destroy them. And as for reading about people getting into debt to try and keep up with them, I'm so sad but not surprised. And this woman is supposedly all about empowering other women??!!

I love tattle because people are coming here and having their eyes opened. It's like a slap of reality. All these so called influencers are telling people they need all these pointless material items, but you lot all give a good reality check and tell them, no you don't! There's nothing a $100 changing bag can do that a $10 can't do. You all show that spending time with children is priceless. So reading that MoD wants to ban tattle because it's "bad" is laughable. You can live like her by spending more on material items and less time with your children, or live like a tattler by spending more time on children and less on material items. Hmm. She's just a very greedy lady.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I too got suckered in. I spent the whole time I was pregnant paying off my credit card so I could happily go into maternity leave without debt. Enter InstaMums and suddently I'm a few grand in debt. It was some of the merch but mostly just the consumerism that came along with it. I barely remember the first year of being a mum cos I was so shell shocked and tired and that's why I hate all this. They prey on the incredibly vulnerable new mums and they should know better.
Yep! It’s madness isn’t it!! I’ve never considered myself materialistic but I went crazy!! It helped me feel less lonely during the night feeds I guess! It wasn’t just ‘stuff’ it was days out, meals out etc. It makes me feel sick now as without the debt we’d have quite a comfortable life now! X

Reactions: 5
I'm with you @Waitingonyou I spent more money than I should on strong girls club merch, some jewellery collabs (not MODs!) and other pointless insta buys. It's even affecting me now, I'm pregnant and worrying it won't be good enough not having a fancy changing bag, an Elvie pump, a sleephead, a snuzpod.... On and on it goes.
I nearly got pulled in to this too. I spent a lot of time agonising over what to buy. Especially fretting over that overpriced sleepyhead.

You do not need any of it. You are all your baby needs. You don’t even need a cot, the nhs now says it is safe to co-sleep (following guidance) and you’ll get a lot more sleep that way. You don’t need nappy bins, bottles, changing bags, pricey strollers. You just need your body, your love and your strength. Save your money for longer maternity leave, cake, coffee and your child’s future. Our whole society is built on people like mod making people feel like they need to spend money.

• Heart
I used to think they were a nice little family too (though never got to the fan girl stage)... I do think FOD is probably a lot nicer than her, aside from being very self absorbed. MoD however is just a nasty piece of work. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Her snarky replies are just cringe and you can tell if the other person is emotionally challenged then those responses can really destroy them. And as for reading about people getting into debt to try and keep up with them, I'm so sad but not surprised. And this woman is supposedly all about empowering other women??!!

I love tattle because people are coming here and having their eyes opened. It's like a slap of reality. All these so called influencers are telling people they need all these pointless material items, but you lot all give a good reality check and tell them, no you don't! There's nothing a $100 changing bag can do that a $10 can't do. You all show that spending time with children is priceless. So reading that MoD wants to ban tattle because it's "bad" is laughable. You can live like her by spending more on material items and less time with your children, or live like a tattler by spending more time on children and less on material items. Hmm. She's just a very greedy lady.
I’m all for the ‘helping influencers’ 😂 cohort to bang on about tattle as much as they want- it will lead more people here and they will read and have their eyes opened. They’re helping this site 😉

Reactions: 5
It annoys me when these “influencers” cry troll!!!! It’s not trolling, trolling is name calling, bullying, being down right nasty but all I have seen on here (and other threads) is people quoting facts, or raising genuine points and concerns. Iv seen the odd comment about someone getting personal about an influencers appearance and they were quickly reminded that that’s not the reason we’re here. We are not here to get personal, we are her to rebel and rise against what has now become “the norm” of social media

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.