MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fucked up my life by getting sucked in. I’m still in debt and struggling hugely. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent adult but I was a first time mum and lonely. These instamums were in similar careers with what I thought would be a similar salary yet I couldn’t keep up! I’m drowning now and feel so silly.
So sorry to hear this. It’s a very worrying situation to be in. Can you sell any of the items you bought?

Reactions: 7
I fucked up my life by getting sucked in. I’m still in debt and struggling hugely. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent adult but I was a first time mum and lonely. These instamums were in similar careers with what I thought would be a similar salary yet I couldn’t keep up! I’m drowning now and feel so silly.
Don’t feel silly, you’ll come out of it and you’re not the only one xx

Reactions: 8
@Mustard have already sold most of the bits but it was mostly on nothing, just tit!! Then the interest started creeping up. I’m getting there but I’m keeping it secret as so ashamed.

Reactions: 4
I'm with you @Waitingonyou I spent more money than I should on strong girls club merch, some jewellery collabs (not MODs!) and other pointless insta buys. It's even affecting me now, I'm pregnant and worrying it won't be good enough not having a fancy changing bag, an Elvie pump, a sleephead, a snuzpod.... On and on it goes.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
@Mustard have already sold most of the bits but it was mostly on nothing, just tit!! Then the interest started creeping up. I’m getting there but I’m keeping it secret as so ashamed.
Step change are really good to help you sort your debt. Don’t feel daft, I got swept up in the idea of a perfect house, and perfect kids clothes etc.
Turns out I’m a regular nobody with 4 kids, but that’s ok 🙌

Reactions: 10
I'm with you @Waitingonyou I spent more money than I should on strong girls club merch, some jewellery collabs (not MODs!) and other pointless insta buys. It's even affecting me now, I'm pregnant and worrying it won't be good enough not having a fancy changing bag, an Elvie pump, a sleephead, a snuzpod.... On and on it goes.
You are very smart not buying them. You will have more peace of mind not going into debt over these items.

Reactions: 8
I think you're all actually really brave to own up to being suckered in - it's a hard thing to do. Like those poor people who get involved in Multi Level Marketing - as has been said in previous threads there are a lot of similarities between the two.

Reactions: 13
It makes no difference! Trust me! You will be enough x

Reactions: 4
What is this new #PRproduct supposed to mean, and coupled with swipe up and affiliate link. Liberty London Girl is doing it now. Does it mean they got it free and if they flog it to more people they get a cut. 2hat happened to#ad and #gifted?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Do you know I had a baby last summer and she was unexpected, I hadn’t saved anything from my 3 yr old. I had no breast pump (still feeding and never needed it) no sleepyhead, she slept in her Moses basket. And Asda spacesaver cot and mattress package. And mainly second hand clothes. She’s just as happy and delightful as my 3 yr old 😊 oh and I’ve never ever used a change bag! I just chucked a nappy and change of clothes in my tuck sack with snacks and water!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
And as predicted, MOD on stories today chatting about how hard is it to work on the summer holidays and how her and FOD have to tag team to make it work... so they can pay a nanny while they are in Camp Bestival but not when they have to work?? she tries so hard to be relatable and is not working

Reactions: 14
I was so tempted by a Tiba and Marl, and decided to treat myself, reasoning that ~£100 for a really lovely leather backpack wasn’t actually that unreasonable, and had chosen a plain one that I’d get a lot of use out of post change bag time.

They’re PLEATHER. £100 and upwards for a bloody plastic backpack. duck that quite frankly.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Everybody makes mistakes. I know it's not the same, but I spent stupid amounts when I was severely depressed. Buying something new helped me feel better in that moment and I was easily spending £100 a month.

You have to remember though that you were doing your best. I don't have any children yet, but I honestly know that I too would have fallen into the insta trap.

Have you got a repayment plan in place? Stepchange is a charity that could really help you if you haven't contacted them already.

But you are good enough already. Your baby won't know or care about any of that. My mother and hundreds of other women raised children without a sleepyhead. If my mother would have had a changing bag I can honestly picture it being a plastic carrier bag. The pump for my sister was a simple manual avent one. You do what you can- and that is enough.

What is this new #PRproduct supposed to mean, and coupled with swipe up and affiliate link. Liberty London Girl is doing it now. Does it mean they got it free and if they flog it to more people they get a cut. 2hat happened to#ad and #gifted?
They're all now officially in the same category as people in press writing ground breaking stories?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
True to form St Clem; some criticism and mocking about Nannygate and a USB stick for “dj-ing” so now we have the shout out to parents coping in the holidays and froth about her Midwifery blog .

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You will be wonderful without any of that.

Reactions: 3
Right, okay, so they're happy to shell out £30 an hour on a festival Nanny, at a family orientated festival, where they're meant to be, you know, actually chilling out with their own kids - but when they actually have to do some genuine work (though I mean that in its loosest possible sense when it comes to her jottings on Gas & Air) suddenly they are fraught, over worked average parents, juggling deadlines and childcare. You know, just like everybody else.

Yeah, except no one else is juggling with already £240K in the bank, with a freebie Gusto box supplying your dinner, as you type on your gifted computer, sitting in your freebie decorated living room, most likely wearing freebie clothes + freebie lingerie. All the while grinding your freebie giant teeth at Tattlers calling you out on your gratuitous greed and lack of integrity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
All the while grinding your freebie giant teeth at Tattlers calling you out on your gratuitous greed and lack of integrity

you’ve summed it up succinctly there Cyanide Kiss👍

Reactions: 11
Right, okay, so they're happy to shell out £30 an hour on a festival Nanny, at a family orientated festival, where they're meant to be, you know, actually chilling out with their own kids - but when they actually have to do some genuine work (though I mean that in its loosest possible sense when it comes to her jottings on Gas & Air) suddenly they are fraught, over worked average parents, juggling deadlines and childcare. You know, just like everybody else.

Yeah, except no one else is juggling with already £240K in the bank, with a freebie Gusto box supplying your dinner, as you type on your gifted computer, sitting in your freebie decorated living room, most likely wearing freebie clothes + freebie lingerie. All the while grinding your freebie giant teeth at Tattlers calling you out on your gratuitous greed and lack of integrity.
It’s a hard life isn’t it - don’t know how she struggles on 😂

I was so tempted by a Tiba and Marl, and decided to treat myself, reasoning that ~£100 for a really lovely leather backpack wasn’t actually that unreasonable, and had chosen a plain one that I’d get a lot of use out of post change bag time.

They’re PLEATHER. £100 and upwards for a bloody plastic backpack. duck that quite frankly.
Oh my god 🙈 I have one and didn’t even realise it was pleather 😫😂. I was also suckered in to the instamum crap when I had my boy last year. I’ve got the mama jumpers, tiba and marl, sleepyhead etc etc and I’m annoyed at how much of my money I’ve wasted that could have gone into savings for my and my family’s future

Reactions: 10
Why aren't the twins at nursery anyway? They normally are in the week aren't they? It's not like they are at school yet so have the school holidays to contend with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.