MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s two separate issues here with feckless nanny-gate

1. The moral issue of whether parents should go to family festivals/holidays only to hire nannys once they arrive. As far as I’m concerned the morality discussion is irrelevant and pointless here because everyone will have different views about how to raise children. (I personally would never take my young children to a festival but WOULD consider it if I could afford hired help. But that’s just me and plenty will disagree); and

2. The way in which the ODS have deceived and misled their audience by flogging family friendly festival tickets but failing to tell their followers that they intended to use hired help. FOD even did videos telling followers what to pack (forgot to mention cash for the nanny- funny that!!) and suggested that attendees could limit children’s screen time. The audacity to tell other parents this when he already knew full well that he would not be parenting for large chunks of the festival.
The lack of transparency is what is flagged time and time again with these ODS. They should have been honest from the start about their plans and not misled and missold this insta festival ‘dream’ to their followers when it was never the reality. More peddling of a fake lifestyle that is going to make other parents feel tit about themselves because they’re missing all the musical acts having to deal with toddler tantrums and toilet trips. Shattered disillusioned parents wondering how MoD and FOD do it (without screen time!). When the reality is the ODS don’t do it. They hire help.
I’m not sure there are 2 issues. Feckless nannies exist for the wealthy to hire and who will assume they are all trained without checking. That’s their business, but we can discuss how ludicrous it is to hand over so much money for unqualified child care.
And yes their lack of transparency yet again with what they are actually doing and how they manage themselves. They are just such lifestyle floggers.

Also the tents they have hired are so much money!! This weekend (if you bought it) is insane!!

Reactions: 10
See she is a murky as ever. Tagged her outfit but no mention of gifted, paid or ad. Still being evasive about the nature of her relationship with the festival. She really is a disgrace. Why don't her agents take her in hand and make her behave professionally. She must actually being causing damage to the brand with her shocking ability to engage and be honest.

Reactions: 10
I think the fact that the 'feckless nannies' advertise "hangover slots" says all you need to know about how they view family time at a festival

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think the fact that the 'feckless nannies' advertise "hangover slots" says all you need to know about how they view family time at a festival
I’m surprised they don’t have #adultheadache on there as that is the code to show you are a proper instawanker.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have taken my son to festivals since he was in the womb, we go to several every year. We’re at Ynot festival as I type this - it’s pissing it down by the way! We’ve never struggled to keep him entertained, I’ve never missed getting shitfaced with my mates (because I’m not 18 anymore) and i’ve never had to hire a nanny to play with him because I consider festivals to be family time and we’re his family. We travel a lot and he’s been going on planes from being weeks old - I’ve never made a big song and dance about it. The od’s are not the only people who travel yet most of us can do so without writing post upon post of endless twaddle about how hard it is - it’s really not and also most of us do it with real, full time jobs and no hired help.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
They missed a trick really, DLAM is advertising Wilderness Festival which she and her family LOVED guys. Even better than feckless nannies, this has nannies AND you can pack your kids over 6 off to camp 3pm till 10am and do proper #adulting without your kids at a family festival. Genius!!!
What are these people on?
08975D5E-2481-4362-8B35-6652223A6A0A.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
They missed a trick really, DLAM is advertising Wilderness Festival which she and her family LOVED guys. Even better than feckless nannies, this has nannies AND you can pack your kids over 6 off to camp 3pm till 10am and do proper #adulting without your kids at a family festival. Genius!!!
What are these people on?
View attachment 30338
I know it’s horses for courses, but why go to a ‘family festival’ only to pack your kids off to an on site nanny, who may or may not have had the relevant training? Why not just leave them at home with grandparents or family (assuming you have them) or just wait til they’re a little bit older so they can join in the fun and actually enjoy everything that’s going off around them?

Reactions: 13
I know it’s horses for courses, but why go to a ‘family festival’ only to pack your kids off to an on site nanny, who may or may not have had the relevant training? Why not just leave them at home with grandparents or family (assuming you have them) or just wait til they’re a little bit older so they can join in the fun and actually enjoy everything that’s going off around them?
This is my mindset as I really thought a family festival was for the family, not to go and be away from them. It all seems very selfish. If you don’t want to go with your kids, then don’t.

Reactions: 9
The freckles nannies must be over the moon this has got out!! All that advertising! They couldn’t have shared they were working with Uber famous instagrammers due to nda!
They are following her,
and they comment, so it probably was inevitable it would get out. 😆

Reactions: 3
I think the camp wilderness thing sounds pretty cool. My kids would love that. Wonder how much extra that would cost though? 😳

Reactions: 5
I disagree that it’s lazy. Having 4 kids (2 toddlers) at a festival must be a nightmare. I’m not surprised that a family of 4 kids wants to hire help. The issue for me here is that they’ve flogged the idea to their followers of this “family friendly festival” and have sold everyone a total fabrication (i.e. that you can have a great time partying at a festival with your kids.
In reality these “influencers” are hiring nannies on the down low and I feel they have misled their followers. If the ODS had admitted in advance that they were going to use hired help because they wanted to enjoy the festival, I’d have had far more respect for them as at least their audience would be in the full picture and appreciate that if you can’t afford to hire help, taking kids to a festival is going to be hard work.

The ODS are playing this festival game on “easy mode” and are failing to declare this but FOD has the cheek to encourage others to “limit screen time”. You couldn’t make it up.
It’s all smoke and mirrors again
I love this response!! I agree 100% . However i think the ODS will lie and twist situations to suit them.... she went on and on about “ come down bring the kids its family friendly “ its obviously not family friend because she hired a nanny !! She as replied to someone saying she has used them before and loves them 🙄 .... yeh Clem, what ever , like you used the babysitting app ?

Reactions: 6
I don’t even care if people use nannies, you do you boo. It’s when she tried to hide it and pretend they’re having this amazing family weekend together, when they’re not.

Reactions: 15
I love this response!! I agree 100% . However i think the ODS will lie and twist situations to suit them.... she went on and on about “ come down bring the kids its family friendly “ its obviously not family friend because she hired a nanny !! She as replied to someone saying she has used them before and loves them 🙄 .... yeh Clem, what ever , like you used the babysitting app ?
That nanny company is based in Bath. I wonder how it works for the rest of the country.

Reactions: 4
Ohhh, find myself feeling a bit sad for MoD, which is not something I do often! I looked at her sister's Instagram account (well she is tagged and it's not private) - what a beautiful account! I wouldn't compare their lifestyles or their choices, we are all very different but rather the ease, the warmth, the freedom of her sister's account. It, for me, is when Insta works best - light, authentic and genuine. I wonder if MoD does sometimes feel wistful that she has become a brand, an advertising platform, is snarking at strangers and conducting pretend friendships with other influencers. I totally get why businesses are moving to micro influencers. I have never, for one moment, wanted to be MoD, but her sister - just maybe..........

Reactions: 13
Ohhh, find myself feeling a bit sad for MoD, which is not something I do often! I looked at her sister's Instagram account (well she is tagged and it's not private) - what a beautiful account! I wouldn't compare their lifestyles or their choices, we are all very different but rather the ease, the warmth, the freedom of her sister's account. It, for me, is when Insta works best - light, authentic and genuine. I wonder if MoD does sometimes feel wistful that she has become a brand, an advertising platform, is snarking at strangers and conducting pretend friendships with other influencers. I totally get why businesses are moving to micro influencers. I have never, for one moment, wanted to be MoD, but her sister - just maybe..........
Can you message me her sisters account would love to have a nose and compare.
You hit nail on head i dont envy any of the bigger accounts.

Reactions: 2
I’ve often thought that many accounts are at their best before they truly monetise themselves. They really are authentic and not bothered about #spon and #ad and seem genuinely chuffed when gifted something. But I don’t feel sorry for the MOFODs. They’ve chosen to sell their lives for all the material comforts they enjoy. I bet there are many people who are striving to do what they have.

Reactions: 11
i spotted her (well sequin gold jacket gave her away)in DLAM stories from last night where shes panning round a tent where all rhe men are dancing like FOD ! she looks pretty miserable...maybe the Nannys time slot is over soon 😉
20190727_165500.jpg

Reactions: 6
Oh come on Mamas, when one’s at Bestival ,🤘🏻what’s wrong with hiring the help to enable us Uber successful IG guys to show you lot how to have a good time without using a screen😴😴

You’re all so jealous😁 , I’ll have to kill you with kindness and a DJ set , laters y’all👄.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.