MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The festival nanny thing is really gross. I thought the whole point of camp bestival is that it was a festival for families? An experience for families to share together!

Reactions: 11
Wow. I can understand booking a nanny for the evening if you want to head out for a bit of grown up night time fun, but have one throughout the day?? That's rather lazy parenting.
I disagree that it’s lazy. Having 4 kids (2 toddlers) at a festival must be a nightmare. I’m not surprised that a family of 4 kids wants to hire help. The issue for me here is that they’ve flogged the idea to their followers of this “family friendly festival” and have sold everyone a total fabrication (i.e. that you can have a great time partying at a festival with your kids.
In reality these “influencers” are hiring nannies on the down low and I feel they have misled their followers. If the ODS had admitted in advance that they were going to use hired help because they wanted to enjoy the festival, I’d have had far more respect for them as at least their audience would be in the full picture and appreciate that if you can’t afford to hire help, taking kids to a festival is going to be hard work.

The ODS are playing this festival game on “easy mode” and are failing to declare this but FOD has the cheek to encourage others to “limit screen time”. You couldn’t make it up.
It’s all smoke and mirrors again

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
I disagree that it’s lazy. Having 4 kids (2 toddlers) at a festival must be a nightmare. I don’t blame them for hiring help. The issue for me here is that they’ve flogged the idea to their followers of this “family friendly festival” and have sold everyone a total fabrication (i.e. that you can have a great time partying at a festival with your kids). In reality these “influencers” are hiring nannies on the down low and I feel they have misled their followers. If the ODS had admitted in advance that they were going to use hired help because they wanted to enjoy the festival, I’d have had far more respect for them as at least their audience would be in the full picture and appreciate that if you can’t afford to hire help, taking kids to a festival is going to be hard work.
The ODS are playing this festival game on “easy mode” and are failing to declare this.
It’s all smoke and mirrors again
I agree ☝🏻, they are there to ‘work’ (albeit for an hour or so), so unless they leave the kids at home, they’d need help with childcare (I take my kids to work with me sometimes and it’s bloody hard work when they want your attention every other minute - luckily it’s cooking classes for kids so they can join in) 🤷🏻‍♀️ If they were upfront/honest about stuff and just said they’d hired a nanny, I’m not sure it’s be such a big issue??

Still pretentious twats, but for once, I agree with them - better than having one eye on your kid and them wandering off when you blink!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen Jess the only girl in the house list about why she won't do these festivals despite being asked. I especially love the dig about glitter and sequins lol!

I agree ☝🏻, they are there to ‘work’ (albeit for an hour or so), so unless they leave the kids at home, they’d need help with childcare (I take my kids to work with me sometimes and it’s bloody hard work when they want your attention every other minute - luckily it’s cooking classes for kids so they can join in) 🤷🏻‍♀️ If they were upfront/honest about stuff and just said they’d hired a nanny, I’m not sure it’s be such a big issue??

Still pretentious twats, but for once, I agree with them - better than having one eye on your kid and them wandering off when you blink!
They've failed to label any of this as Ad/gifted/press trip/free tit despite us all knowing that they are working with the festival

Reactions: 8
They've failed to label any of this as Ad/gifted/press trip/free tit despite us all knowing that they are working with the festival
What is the protocol if you are working? Does it still apply? I couldn’t imagine taking a photo at my place of work (not that I would really) and marking it an Ad.

Reactions: 3
What is the protocol if you are working? Does it still apply? I couldn’t imagine taking a photo at my place of work (not that I would really) and marking it an Ad.
It seems like a paid partnership to me. It isn't the same as a normal place of work because they have been advertising it ever since it was announced, encouraging their following to book tickets. They've also taken their whole family with them.

The account Lesbemums has shown how to do it properly! Every single story/post/mention has had ad and gifted attached and they also worked yesterday. They have worked with camp bestival before as well. I can’t believe the Nanny thing without mentioning it. Surely you can say to your followers that they have this service if you would like an hour away from the kids why pretend that it’s so tough to look after all these children and then have a lovely holiday and family time, when actually you are taking Instagram shots with your mates.
Granted that festival is my idea of hell so they can #ad it all they like, and pay for the nanny, I still wouldn’t go 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Yeah, but I’m sure at some point there’ll be a post about it with the #ad #gifted blah blah crap on it; im
Not saying they’re not knobs, just agreeing (for once 😂) with a dr idiom they’ve made, gifted or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

To be honest when I saw her sister there in that photo, I assumed that she was there with them to help as I had wondered what they would do with their kids while they do their set (🤭) whilst I get the points you guys are making I just can’t help but feel it completely destroys the whole point of the festival and it’s just the most pretentious load of crap. People have mentioned they took a nanny last time and hired an Airbnb, and scorned this but the children knew their own nanny!! These are just strange babysitters at a festival. It’s not like a childminders at all, they are properly trained. I honestly just thought ahh their aunty is there to help, it would also be easy enough to have arranged friends to watch them, (DLAM etc) surely that’s more festival, good memories etc.
The problem with the people is they think of themselves first and what they want to do. Not a family experience.
And for the followers it’s so as I say, not as I do. I’m so shocked by Simon’s ‘no screen time’ followed by here’s all our technology!!

The account Lesbemums has shown how to do it properly! Every single story/post/mention has had ad and gifted attached and they also worked yesterday. They have worked with camp bestival before as well. I can’t believe the Nanny thing without mentioning it. Surely you can say to your followers that they have this service if you would like an hour away from the kids (which we all do!) why pretend that it’s so tough to look after all these children and then have a lovely holiday and family time, when actually you are taking Instagram shots with your mates.
Granted that festival is my idea of hell so they can #ad it all they like, and pay for the nanny, I still wouldn’t go 😂
I don’t need to get a break from my kids by leaving them with unqualified childcare at a strange place or holiday, I just don’t. These people get breaks from their kids day in day out. They have Gaga child care, nursery 4 full days, they don’t need a break. Clemmie s just done Glastonbury ‘sans kids’, he’s been to a festival, she goes out and stays away regularly, so I disagree they *need* a break, this is their ‘family’ festival. But if you are trying to sell a family festival, and you have arranged random babysitters you’ve never met with no childcare qualifications to watch your kids at a busy festival then be honest!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
To be honest when I saw her sister there in that photo, I assumed that she was there with them to help as I had wondered what they would do with their kids while they do their set (🤭) whilst I get the points you guys are making I just can’t help but feel it completely destroys the whole point of the festival and it’s just the most pretentious load of crap. People have mentioned they took a nanny last time and hired an Airbnb, and scorned this but the children knew their own nanny!! These are just strange babysitters at a festival. It’s not like a childminders at all, they are properly trained. I honestly just thought ahh their aunty is there to help, it would also be easy enough to have arranged friends to watch them, (DLAM etc) surely that’s more festival, good memories etc.
The problem with the people is they think of themselves first and what they want to do. Not a family experience.
And for the followers it’s so as I say, not as I do. I’m so shocked by Simon’s ‘no screen time’ followed by here’s all our technology!!
I wouldn’t be happy leaving my kids with strangers (hence the reason we don’t go out 😂), regardless of how many qualifications they’d got etc, particularly at a festival where they weren’t ‘contained in a safe space’. I assumed they were sneaking in a relative to look after the kids whilst they were busy (I thought for some reason they’d taken a grandparent one year?) so the nanny was a surprise tbh.

Yeah the screen time thing is a joke - proof that FoD will say anything/do anything for the 💰

Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t be happy leaving my kids with strangers (hence the reason we don’t go out 😂), regardless of how many qualifications they’d got etc, particularly at a festival where they weren’t ‘contained in a safe space’. I assumed they were sneaking in a relative to look after the kids whilst they were busy (I thought for some reason they’d taken a grandparent one year?) so the nanny was a surprise tbh.

Yeah the screen time thing is a joke - proof that FoD will say anything/do anything for the 💰
Her sister IS there!!! She’s in that photo of MID and DLAM, with curly hair!!

Reactions: 1
Her sister IS there!!! She’s in that photo of MID and DLAM, with curly hair!!
She’s far too busy dancing like it’s the 90’s to look after her nieces though 😂 I meant like a grandparent (or someone) who could properly look after the kids rather than sticking them In a field next to a stage with god knows how many strangers, being looked after by a stranger that Ma and Pa MoD and FoD have paid for (ha)/been gifted

Reactions: 2
As others have said I have no issue with the nanny, in fact it’s probably one of the more sensible things they’ve done recently at least they’re not expecting the older girls to look after the twins. What I do have an issue with is they tried to keep it under wraps. They were trying to give the impression they could spend all day drinking with their mates and still be able to look after their children, such a dangerous idea to sell to their fans.

Reactions: 13
I’m absolutely cracking up that they have got a nanny. They are so incredibly fake.

Reactions: 13
As others have said I have no issue with the nanny, in fact it’s probably one of the more sensible things they’ve done recently at least they’re not expecting the older girls to look after the twins. What I do have an issue with is they tried to keep it under wraps. They were trying to give the impression they could spend all day drinking with their mates and still be able to look after their children, such a dangerous idea to sell to their fans.
Exactly! All the while limiting screen time apparently too! Just be transparent ODS.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t say they “needed” a break.
I was saying (probably not clearly though) that some people would like a break, and there is nothing wrong with that, but let’s be open about it. I also wouldn’t leave my child in those circumstances, but that’s a personal choice, and if people do, then that’s their decision to justify, but just be open about it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.