MOD & FOD #5 Don't be fooled by the crap that I flog, I'm still I'm still Clemmie from the blog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen St. Clemmie's slightly terse reply about using a festival Nanny. Apparently, she used them when the twins had chicken pox, so couldn't go to nursery for a while. Which begs the question, considering she only works one day a week, why she didn't bother to, you know, actually care for her own children when they were I'll? When my children had chicken pox all they wanted was their Mummy.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So MOD says the feckless nanny “hung out” with the family yesterday. Right well that’s as clear as mud. Hope that poor nanny was paid. The video clearly shows that what MOD described as “hanging out” with the family, is in reality the nanny putting in a shift with the twins!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just seen St. Clemmie's slightly terse reply about using a festival Nanny. Apparently, she used them when the twins had chicken pox, so couldn't go to nursery for a while. Which begs the question, considering she only works one day a week, why she didn't bother to, you know, actually care for her own children when they were I'll? When my children had chicken pox all they wanted was their Mummy.
Nothing gets in the way of Clemmies influencing. FOD did comment that the pox had cost a huge amount in emergency childcare. £25/30 an hour would add up considerably.

So MOD says the feckless nanny “hung out” with the family yesterday. Right well that’s as clear as mud. Hope that poor nanny was paid. The video clearly shows that what MOD described as “hanging out” with the family, is in reality the nanny putting in a shift with the twins!
I imagine they paid but stood near by so they were around the first time they were left with them? It would not have been an unpaid shift...
Someone should email freckles and ask how much for nannies to hang out for the day 😂

To be honest it shows how unbelievably dim they are, paying £25 an hour for untrained, unqualified childcare is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard, especially when their aunt is there and could watch them for an hour.

I didn’t say they “needed” a break.
I was saying (probably not clearly though) that some people would like a break, and there is nothing wrong with that, but let’s be open about it. I also wouldn’t leave my child in those circumstances, but that’s a personal choice, and if people do, then that’s their decision to justify, but just be open about it.
You said ‘...if you would like an hour away from the kids (which we all do!)’
That’s what I was disagreeing with. Perhaps you didn’t mean at a festival but that’s how I read it. I would not go needing that, or I would do something else and not go to a festival with them.
She’s just really annoying as she does so little childcare that I can’t see how she’d need yet more time away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
A nanny did stories and a picture with children she was looking after. Very unprofessional imho. Also said they had good availability for the weekend with the ten nannies they had. £35 an hour if booked on the day! £25 if prebooked, prior to the festival.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yes I wasn’t clear on that, I didn’t mean at a festival per se, but in general, and it’s not something I would do personally, especially not in a field with no training. I mean if I’m going to a family festival, surely the point is to be together as a family!

Reactions: 2
I think she only replied after someone commented - she didn't disclose it first

Reactions: 7
A nanny did stories and a picture with children she was looking after. Very unprofessional imho. Also said they had good availability for the weekend with the ten nannies they had. £35 an hour if booked on the day! £25 if prebooked, prior to the festival.
Is this one of the freckles nannies? You know, the ones who sign a NDA? 😂😂

MOD’s comment is so obviously damage limitation, I don’t believe with how much that nanny service is charging they would chuck in hours of free childcare on a busy festival afternoon just to hang out with the OD’s. As others have said, no problem with using childcare, but just be honest, don’t pitch yourselves as gurus on attending festivals with kids then use a secret nanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m absolutely cracking up at nannygate- it just further underlines their shadyness- they absolutely implied esp in FOD stories that they were going to be attended as a family without any help. I presumed someone would be minding the kids during their set but it looks like they’ve hired help so they can day drink in peace. It seems like a rarity for MOD to ever look after all 4.

It’s just again a falsehood implying to their followers that you can go to a festival, dress up, dance etc and look after kids and that just simply isn’t true in their case.

Look on the bright side it’s pissing it down today maybe they’ll make a quick getaway a la last year 😂

The freckles nannies must be over the moon this has got out!! All that advertising! They couldn’t have shared they were working with Uber famous instagrammers due to nda!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All this talk of £30 an hour unqualified nanny's that have done a days course at Soho house but has she actually admitted paying for it? I bet it's gifted like most things in their life.

I just keep hearing feckless nannies and picture a nanny with a can of Stella in one hand and a fag in the other while the kids run riot.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Uber instagrammer! I guess that would be prestigious to a 20 yr old, possibly....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I honestly don't think MOD is capable of looking after her four children by herself. I truly don't

Reactions: 14
maybe they’ll make a quick getaway a la last year 😂
I guess when everything's been gifted and you've earnt your fee they just want to get out of there. It's like sneaking out of work at lunchtime.

Is their "act" on at 6pm tonight? I want to see how many of their 1.6 million followers turn up rather than see a real act.

Is bestival looking empty as it wasn't sold out?

I honestly don't think MOD is capable of looking after her four children by herself. I truly don't
I don't think she is even capable of looking after the twins by herself. She managed to look after the two older ones, while staying in a 5* all inclusive resort with friends and admitted she let them just wonder around by themselves.

With all the stories of people that have experienced her "care" as a midwife I do wonder what actually she is capable of.

Reactions: 5
It does look quiet! Weird as when I first heard of it and saw Little Bird by jools there etc a part of me wanted to go, it looked lovely, and I have taken my kids to Art festivals and similar and it’s been so lovely. Since the Bespoked Caped Glitter Brigade of Self Important Muppets have started promoting it and got in free, I’ve lost any desire to take my kids. No way.

Reactions: 13
I'm one of four girls and a few years back our mum and dad took us to a festival. It was such a fun time, just me and my sisters and parents. We made such good memories, and I think that is what these kids will be missing out on. I get four kids are hard to look after and they did get help from grandparents, but on holidays there was just us.

I know everyone is different, and they are doing a DJ set 😂 but couldn't the aunt look after them while they do it.

Reactions: 5
There’s two separate issues here with feckless nanny-gate

1. The moral issue of whether parents should go to family festivals/holidays only to hire nannys once they arrive. As far as I’m concerned the morality discussion is irrelevant and pointless here because everyone will have different views about how to raise children. (I personally would never take my young children to a festival but WOULD consider it if I could afford hired help. But that’s just me and plenty will disagree); and

2. The way in which the ODS have deceived and misled their audience by flogging family friendly festival tickets but failing to tell their followers that they intended to use hired help. FOD even did videos telling followers what to pack (forgot to mention cash for the nanny- funny that!!) and suggested that attendees could limit children’s screen time. The audacity to tell other parents this when he already knew full well that he would not be parenting for large chunks of the festival.
The lack of transparency is what is flagged time and time again with these ODS. They should have been honest from the start about their plans and not misled and missold this insta festival ‘dream’ to their followers when it was never the reality. More peddling of a fake lifestyle that is going to make other parents feel tit about themselves because they’re missing all the musical acts having to deal with toddler tantrums and toilet trips. Shattered disillusioned parents wondering how MoD and FOD do it (without screen time!). When the reality is the ODS don’t do it. They hire help.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.