MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I Love this 👆🏻
Yeah, me too. And she’s had the balls to name them as well. A lot of the influencers are just inferring to them and skirting around it, not sure exactly why. I don’t know if it’s because they’re worried how it looks if and when Susie Verrill and Mod ever come back, but good for her. We need more of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I suspect he must have seen a bleeping mammoth fall and wants to remain in the range you can still round up to 1mil? Eg >=950k? Tbh I prefer foreign teens to the ponces he organically acquires who leave vile comments like I miss [your toddler’s] face / bum (sorry to type that out - vile init, doesn’t bother him tho).

I agree there’s no bleeping point. Any non tit brand can look at their social blade for free and see it’s been in decline since before Alicegate and just wouldn’t, his agency probably don’t even have an up to date pitch deck for him anymore or include him on pitches to brands. They’re relying on charity at this point, like a free Ali express scatter cushion or a hapless small firm wanting to do the spindles.
His engagement’s quite good at the moment but only because there are so many posts attacking him.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah, me too. And she’s had the balls to name them as well. A lot of the influencers are just inferring to them and skirting around it, not sure exactly why. I don’t know if it’s because they’re worried how it looks if and when Susie Verrill and Mod ever come back, but good for her. We need more of this.
Some of them aren’t tagging/naming him through fear of being called a bully (and an attack from the huns) but hopefully the majority will be behind them.

Reactions: 5
If you click on his followers, look at the top ones. All chinese. He is buying them.
I checked it out this morning. Oh my goodness, the entire youth of China has started following him all at once! THOUSANDS of them! :LOL: I was trying to scroll down to where the new influx ended and it was spinning away like a slot machine wheel 🎰 as fast as I could keep swiping but I eventually gave up.

Do any of the analytics sites separate out numbers for followers gained and followers lost, or do they all just show the combined net gain/loss? Is anyone on here still in any doubt that he's buying followers? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I checked it out this morning. Oh my goodness, the entire youth of China has started following him all at once! THOUSANDS of them! :LOL: I was trying to scroll down to where the new influx ended and it was spinning away like a slot machine wheel 🎰 as fast as I could keep swiping but I eventually gave up.

Do any of the analytics sites separate out numbers for followers gained and followers lost, or do they all just show the combined net gain/loss? Is anyone on here still in any doubt that he's buying followers? :p
This frustrates me so much and shouldn’t be allowed.
Considering making a new burner account so I can see who I know who still follow him and tell them to stop!

Reactions: 6

I have a script that could capture his numbers every x mins & store in a DB, it only goes to the nearest thousand tho as I don’t have access to the insta enterprise API.

I would be surprised if any free website offered the same purely as it requires a server to run your script on & store data, the row count would be mad for a social blade or equivalent as you’re multiplying by however many insta accounts + frequency of hits.

Edit: I’m setting it up now actually, I’ll show you guys an initial print screen ASAP x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have a script that could capture his numbers every x mins & store in a DB, it only goes to the nearest thousand tho as I don’t have access to the insta enterprise API.
Pro tools! :D It's just that we may see a net gain of +1,500 one day for example, but it doesn't tell the whole story if the actual numbers are 8,500 lost followers and 10,000 bought new ones.

Reactions: 9
Pro tools! :D It's just that we may see a net gain of +1,500 one day for example, but it doesn't tell the whole story if the actual numbers are 8,500 lost followers and 10,000 bought new ones.
Yeah I’d be interested to see how new users come in too, if they trickle in over hours or it’s a bolt on.

I’m just trying to see if I can get it to give me the actual number eg 962123

Reactions: 5
I am loving the newest followers at the top thing. Looked this morning and thought ‘goodness, the youth of China have been drawn to you overnight, Simon’.

It doesn’t fool anyone at all, especially advertisers. Why bother?
Probably fools those who are innocent about the fact you can buy followers; why is it allowed though does Instagram benefit financially from it ( genuine question)

Reactions: 4
Probably fools those who are innocent about the fact you can buy followers; why is it allowed though does Instagram benefit financially from it ( genuine question)
Instagram 100% benefits from it - but there’s a fine line and they can’t let it get too out of control else it erodes consumer trust (this happened a few years back with the 100% fake influencers who’d just bought the entire audience).

But basically whilst there are huge audiences viewing FOD etc, brands will want to work with them. For insta it’s a double whammy: brand partnerships create better quality content which drives in platform engagement. Social networks care all about unique users, frequency & duration in app to sell their ad space/diff ad formats. Plus more often than not brand partnerships will be backed with on platform ad spend, eg AXA may spend £25k promoting FOD’s post. Instagram will have account managers and digital strategists who schmooze both the influencer & the brand (& the ad agencies and PRs etc etc etc) because they want to encourage them to stay on platform.

Re visibility - it’s a huge problem. The social tools I’ve worked with in the past are varying degrees of adequate but all incredibly / inhibitively expensive. No one really wants to invest in data properly either, analysts are expensive and you can probs get two marketeers to one analyst so they just don’t bother. Measurement is patchy so they just dress it up as an awareness campaign where you’d expect poor ROI anyway and that’s that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also I’m working on updating my script now - it looks like insta have made it much harder to scrape?! I did the first one early in lockdown and it was okay-ish, but won’t run anymore. I’ve found the exact number in the page source stuff (it’s json) but they’re re directing my little query away so it just returns nulls. I’m curious now so will keep going but really odd, will share an explanation whichever way it goes x

• Heart
No one is going to touch them after this and to use one of FOD’s word salad-y metaphors, they stink worse than a two week old fishfinger sandwich one of the twins accidentally stuffed down the back of the radiator. They’re done,
Next thread title "FOD, you stink worse than a two week old fishfinger sandwich stuffed behind the radiator"

• Haha
  • Heart
Instagram 100% benefits from it - but there’s a fine line and they can’t let it get too out of control else it erodes consumer trust (this happened a few years back with the 100% fake influencers who’d just bought the entire audience).

But basically whilst there are huge audiences viewing FOD etc, brands will want to work with them. For insta it’s a double whammy: brand partnerships create better quality content which drives in platform engagement. Social networks care all about unique users, frequency & duration in app to sell their ad space/diff ad formats. Plus more often than not brand partnerships will be backed with on platform ad spend, eg AXA may spend £25k promoting FOD’s post. Instagram will have account managers and digital strategists who schmooze both the influencer & the brand (& the ad agencies and PRs etc etc etc) because they want to encourage them to stay on platform.

Re visibility - it’s a huge problem. The social tools I’ve worked with in the past are varying degrees of adequate but all incredibly / inhibitively expensive. No one really wants to invest in data properly either, analysts are expensive and you can probs get two marketeers to one analyst so they just don’t bother. Measurement is patchy so they just dress it up as an awareness campaign where you’d expect poor ROI anyway and that’s that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also I’m working on updating my script now - it looks like insta have made it much harder to scrape?! I did the first one early in lockdown and it was okay-ish, but won’t run anymore. I’ve found the exact number in the page source stuff (it’s json) but they’re re directing my little query away so it just returns nulls. I’m curious now so will keep going but really odd, will share an explanation whichever way it goes x
Thanks for that x 🙋‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve finally got it working, down to the individual follower! 👹

As long as my laptop stays turned on we are now capturing his followers every minute, this is scruffy as the alignment is off (it’s just a print screen of my terminal) but it’s a time stamp computers understand called epoch, their username & their insta follower count:

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 14.54.17.png

I’ve added susiejverrill to this, obvs she’s deleted so isn’t returning anything at the mo - but if she makes a come back we are capturing the mass exodus for her 😂

@ me if you think he’s bought more followers I’ll take a look at it over time x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I’ve finally got it working, down to the individual follower! 👹

As long as my laptop stays turned on we are now capturing his followers every minute, this is scruffy as the alignment is off (it’s just a print screen of my terminal) but it’s a time stamp computers understand called epoch, their username & their insta follower count:

View attachment 147344

I’ve added susiejverrill to this, obvs she’s deleted so isn’t returning anything at the mo - but if she makes a come back we are capturing the mass exodus for her 😂

@ me if you think he’s bought more followers I’ll take a look at it over time x
Oh my god I honestly wouldn’t have the first clue how to do this. Genius! 🙌🏼
Looking forward seeing the analytics! Is that the right word? I don’t know. Loving your work.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh my god I honestly wouldn’t have the first clue how to do this. Genius! 🙌🏼
Looking forward seeing the analytics! Is that the right word? I don’t know. Loving your work.
Looool omg it was LONG if anyone is curious re methodology I can share it. So I think it’s very bleeping clear he’s buying followers... CC @Dogmuck head CSI investigating officer.

Some quick caveats: please ignore the hour is one out it’s my scruffy way of converting epoch to meaningful time BST, and this is ugly as duck sorry I’ve dumped it in a google sheet to automate our graphs in GDS once we get more data in. I DIGRESS:

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 15.41.18.png

I’m looking at the first 22 minutes worth of data just to check everything is good before I let it run and enjoy my day. Look at the net movements, you’re telling me pretty much every minute of the day he’s gaining followers? When he’s not posted content in ducking days so won’t even be on the explore page? Give over!

I keep forgetting the house of horrors, no funny business over there. Awful wallpaper mustn’t be big in China / Russia yet

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 15.51.59.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I can’t believe the bleeping cheek of it! What an insult, are there any other racist British influencers we want to add to the list btw guys?

I don’t want to out myself but I’m half tempted to make an anonymous twitter account being like FYI ur problematic insta favs are BUYING FOLLOWERS to counteract the losses they’ve incurred during BLM?! They’re rock bottom vile!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.