MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it might just be your blocked by HOH but not the other person so that's why HOH isn't coming up for you.

Reactions: 2
Ooohhh - haven't quite reached the school run age yet, but I have to say I always found it hilarious how competitive some mums are even in toddlers' playgroups (to which I must admit the lady who looks after my kid used to take her to and come back with the goss)... My view is I have too much on to add the "pleasing other mums by being hip' on the list! Which takes me back to the question someone already asked - how do they have time for staging, posting, reading, deleting, curating, etc etc etc etc AND have real jobs and multiple children?! What am I missing???
I couldn’t believe how early this crap starts, even at the newborn weigh clinic I used to go to, the competition was hideous. I used to weigh n go ASAP but some of the mums used to sit around nattering, in their Veja trainers and Re/Done jeans and stacks of gold jewellery and Anthropologie silk headbands, pushing their bougie buggies back and forth, manically scrolling on their phones and talking VERY LOUDLY about which brands they only buy for their tiny new children and which schools they had already chosen, all the while looking down on the other mums. I tell you - the day I rocked up at that clinic in my pyjamas because I was too knackered to get changed was a good day; oh the looks they gave me! These mama types are a gang to be avoided alright.
I know how time consuming it is having one child so can only assume the SODs kids largely fend for themselves while their prat parents set up all manner of fuckery for Instagram. I’ve noticed that they don’t bother making the twins look cute anymore, and I cannot decide whether that’s a good or bad thing.

Winks Howard has posted whilst her husband has stayed silent....
Say what?!?!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Won't go off topic but that Marie Claire article made me think of Dress Like a Mum (DLAM). Go over to her tattle page (and her insta) to find out what she's been up to the past few days.

edit : new comments on DLAMs black square BLM post

509B2D9E-3763-4C2D-AC34-37D09F3EDFC2.jpeg F86F6D56-5062-4706-9A59-1C04A3051424.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I couldn’t believe how early this crap starts, even at the newborn weigh clinic I used to go to, the competition was hideous. I used to weigh n go ASAP but some of the mums used to sit around nattering, in their Veja trainers and Re/Done jeans and stacks of gold jewellery and Anthropologie silk headbands, pushing their bougie buggies back and forth, manically scrolling on their phones and talking VERY LOUDLY about which brands they only buy for their tiny new children and which schools they had already chosen, all the while looking down on the other mums. I tell you - the day I rocked up at that clinic in my pyjamas because I was too knackered to get changed was a good day; oh the looks they gave me! These mama types are a gang to be avoided alright.
I know how time consuming it is having one child so can only assume the SODs kids largely fend for themselves while their prat parents set up all manner of fuckery for Instagram. I’ve noticed that they don’t bother making the twins look cute anymore, and I cannot decide whether that’s a good or bad thing.
I think a lot of those women are very insecure and have not developed a true sense of identity so they leap on all the latest trends to feel like they belong / fit in / are part of a tribe which doesn’t really exist.
It’s a good lesson to teach our children to have self belief and confidence and choose what they like rather than to fit in.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When I was in my spending a sh*t loads of money on makeup every month (£100+) phase it was during a time when I was desperately unhappy.

I agree wanting too belong is a huge factor in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think a lot of those women are very insecure and have not developed a true sense of identity so they leap on all the latest trends to feel like they belong / fit in / are part of a tribe which doesn’t really exist.
It’s a good lesson to teach our children to have self belief and confidence and choose what they like rather than to fit in.
Absolutely! It’s just a shame that as part of the wanting to belong there is often a massive level of snobbery and mean girls style cliquey-ness. The few times I bothered to get ‘dressed’ dressed in clothes which weren’t pyjamas or maternity stuff, they were very much like ‘Oooooh why don’t you stop for a chat now that we can see you’re wearing X, Y, Z and have a nice handbag with you today’ 🙄 Thanks but I’d rather go home and hand wash some pooey nappies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I DM’d him once and his reply is still there. It shows when he is on IG and it’s still literally all of the time although he’s not posting

And that’s how you do ads.
The more I read of vitamind the more I fall in love! This is what Instagram should be, honest, frank and transparent. Bravo 🙌

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Won't go off topic but that Marie Claire article made me think of Dress Like a Mum (DLAM). Go over to her tattle page (and her insta) to find out what she's been up to the past few days.

edit : new comments on DLAMs black square BLM post

View attachment 149678View attachment 149679
MoD has got a ton of previous form for bullying and also racism too, if DLAM isn’t prepared to speak out about these matters - regardless of her wanting to have a private friendship with MoD - then she supports that behaviour. There isn’t really any other way to look at it. And if they were capable of being adults (which I have to question) then they could have these tough conversations and still find a level where they could be mates I’m sure. All this ‘We sorted it internally - pwomiss!’ stuff is a crock of tit 🤬 How stupid do they think their followers are!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it might just be your blocked by HOH but not the other person so that's why HOH isn't coming up for you.
No, I’m not blocked on this particular burner account. I checked 2 other accounts HOH is following and when I search theirs the HOH come up! I was in full investigation mode, I did my due diligence, compared and tripled checked...still not there. I will google to see if it’s possible 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Exactly. It’s easier to fit the mould (be hip?) than simply be yourself. It took me years to figure that out, but with only kid left in primary I’m there and avoiding the cliques and trends has seriously helped my own mental health. it’s frustrating that the InstaMums perpetuate this desire to fit in at all costs.

Reactions: 4
I haven't seen our friend @heretoreaditall2019 on here for a couple of days, which is unusual. I hope all is well.
How funny I was literally just reading the thread & you posted this 9 mins ago! Bless you for asking thank you ❤🥰 Baby is doing amazingly she’s so great, I’m already proud that she’s got perfect little medical graphs loool, just struggling with work & stress which makes me go really insular, even my husband’s getting annoyed I have no attention span at the mo. I also think the stress is what’s causing me to have elevated tumour markers (apparently adrenaline can do it) so I think I’m going to take a much earlier mat leave so I can be a good calm mum!!

On topic and sorry to go mumsnet doom n gloom on you all: I cannot BELIEVE Clemmie had the audacity to call anyone a social climber?! Honestly I never! 😂😂😂 I wouldn’t usually use such a descriptor but I can’t think of anything that summarises them both better, from CH describing an operations bloke as a “management consultant” to the dressing room they wanted to be as expensive as possible so accidentally ended up with a bleeping kitchen? That they then stuffed with a ton of poly fibres?

Zeena’s article is fab - isn’t it mad how insta has really created a gang of women who think they’re beyond reproach? Like there’s absolutely no self reflection amongst any of them? It’s like a social experiment gone awry. We NEED the ITV dramatisation ASAP and @Heyjude needs to be commissioned to write it please 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.