MOD & FOD #19 Slymon’s too sexy for the gram, too sexy for the gram, Tenerife and Japaaaan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has turned off comments from the last post??
When I first looked (about 2 hours after it was posted) it had no comments but many likes. Then later it had over 400 comments and no likes but many views. Confusing.

He has turned off comments from the last post??
Just looked and they aren't turned off.
Looked
St his dad dancing from 69 weeks ago approximately and he's considerably greyer than than he was then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So the ACTUAL numbers are:

5k hardback sales (since spring 2018)
560 paperback sales (spring 2019)

Forgive my hastiness in only getting the paperback figure. I still think 5k hardback is pretty bad for two years.

I seem to recall the publishers changing the title? Was that to try to resurrect it?
Wasn’t it called Forever Outnumbered? You’re right, I didn’t even notice

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I seem to recall the publishers changing the title? Was that to try to resurrect it?
Was the original title Outnumbered? I remember thinking at the time it was too similar to the BBC show’s name and that people would get confused, maybe they were trying to differentiate it. Equally they could have been trying to broaden the market from dads with lots of daughters to all dads.

Forgive my hastiness in only getting the paperback figure. I still think 5k hardback is pretty bad for two years.
Tragic.

Reactions: 4
I listened to one of budget Clemmie’s podcasts that featured MOD and FOD where he mentions that the book was coming out in paperback with a different title and MOD was surprised and said she didn’t know that - I wonder if he somehow hid his poor book sales from her and hadn’t worked out at that point how to spin the title change to her without having to tell the truth?
That wouldn’t surprise me. It’s not at all healthy to be so competitive and, I suspect, secretive in a marriage.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the numbers!

This would barely cover production costs surely? Was ANY market research conducted beforehand, I wonder?!
It’s made over £60k so far, so it really depends what his advance was.

Can you look up how much Jim Chapman's 147 things sold?
Hardback 8k, paperback 35. I don’t know who this guy is!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

But can we tell how many have been return asking for a full refund?Bet there are loads in the discount bin at those crap book shops you get in shopping centres😂😂😂

Wasn’t it called Forever Outnumbered? You’re right, I didn’t even notice

According to social blade hes on 1,000,803... Nows the time to unfollow if you're still following (it's an open profile 😉)
Still don't reckon he'll let it go under a million but imagine if it did 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don’t know why it did this - I’m pretty sure I wrote do we have the figures for returns and that I bet there are loads in the bargain bins in those budget book stores in crap shopping centres

victoriaemes used to be known as craftyfox - speaking on her stories today about how she makes money from Instagram.

Used to like her, not so much now she sees Instagram as a job - wondered what your thoughts were?

victoriaemes used to be known as craftyfox - speaking on her stories today about how she makes money from Instagram.

Used to like her, not so much now she sees Instagram as a job - wondered what your thoughts were?
I’ve not heard of this person before - is/was she part of the MOD/FOD crowd?

Don’t know why it did this - I’m pretty sure I wrote do we have the figures for returns and that I bet there are loads in the bargain bins in those budget book stores in crap shopping centres
It appears as though the hardback sold for an average of £10 per book, so that’s pretty decent, and would suggest not many are £5 bargain bucket buys - but obviously the majority would have been bought in its first few months.

No idea about returns. I think only the publisher gets those numbers, from the warehouse they store stock in.

I’ve not heard of this person before - is/was she part of the MOD/FOD crowd?
She's a brand new insta mum hun.... and so far, says she's making more on #AD than full time in a school....

She's a brand new insta mum hun.... and so far, says she's making more on #AD than full time in a school....
I don't follow her but her profile has come up on my explore page before, she will literally degrade herself in any way to get likes. Hadn't thought of her as being in league with the SODs before but her captions and toilet humour/bad dancing are like she's trying to emulate Slymon!

Thread suggestion:

We’re getting tired of Slymon’s clowning, if only waterproof boots could stop him from drowning.

I know they don’t need to rhyme, but I do love a rhyme.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.