MOD & FOD #19 Slymon’s too sexy for the gram, too sexy for the gram, Tenerife and Japaaaan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he would have got have got around 50-100k. Mrs Hinch’s advance was high 6 figures.
I think the influencer book deals will hopefully dry up soon, FOD proves that having a million (bought) followers doesn’t translate to sales.

It was Clemmie T! The proposal was sloppy with bad grammar/typos. Imagine a book just filled with other people’s lists! Who would buy that?!?!
Omg I love your candidness and thank you so much for sharing but shut up, over £50k and it sold 560? I’m sorry but I’m cackling. Do you have A&Rs for lit or is it a bit classier? Surely someone got fired for buying this?

Who the duck thought it was a good idea?! I imagine supermarket book sales are a huge thing for that type of book too (they are for CDs, but mainly middle aged women buyers) - did supers buy in stock for it to just sit there doing nothing?! Or do they only buy stock once it’s in the top x cos they have those numbered displays don’t they? I have so many questions sorry! Surely they print to their estimates so there’s gonna be a forest of shite sat in a warehouse somewhere?

Also did no one look at his insta comments?! All horny frumpy women and he wrote a book... for MEN?? Surely this is due diligence 101?!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Omg I love your candidness and thank you so much for sharing but shut up, over £50k and it sold 560? I’m sorry but I’m cackling. Do you have A&Rs for lit or is it a bit classier? Surely someone got fired for buying this?

Who the duck thought it was a good idea?! I imagine supermarket book sales are a huge thing for that type of book too (they are for CDs, but mainly middle aged women buyers) - did supers buy in stock for it to just sit there doing nothing?! Or do they only buy stock once it’s in the top x cos they have those numbered displays don’t they? I have so many questions sorry! Surely they print to their estimates so there’s gonna be a forest of shite sat in a warehouse somewhere?

Also did no one look at his insta comments?! All horny frumpy women and he wrote a book... for MEN?? Surely this is due diligence 101?!!!
Books lose money all the time. No one would have lost their job for it, as it’s not one person’s decision what to offer for it - unless that person is the chairman. Often there are multiple publishers bidding too.

Reactions: 3
Actually, guys, hold up. That data isn’t accurate, my bad. This isn’t adding up all sales of hardback, kindle and paperback - it’s just one of those! I will find out proper figures!

Sorry for causing such joy then ripping it away!

Reactions: 7
Less than 900 to go!
Whenever I see people I know liking his posts I feel nothing but pity for them.

Reactions: 4
Less than 900 to go!
Whenever I see people I know liking his posts I feel nothing but pity for them.
It sometimes makes me feel sad and disappointed when I see people I know and like liking dodgy Instagrammers posts.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Omg @Bt48 tottenham cake! 🤤

can’t wait for us all to unite like witches around a cauldron cackling when it does happen tbh - sorry but Clemmie is clearly here, and even she’ll crack a smile she clearly hates the man
If we all wish for it I’m sure we can make it happen. If we all take 1 recipe card, ideally Gousto but could be Hello Fresh. A single frozen roast potato, any brand. 1 found hairband, once lost and frankfurter sausage (finely chopped). Put them all in the family sick bucket and stir whilst chanting “Unfollow the twit” “Unfollow the twit” it’ll be below 1 million by Monday.

I’m sure he comments on his own posts.... Nobody can be this stupid surely. I’m not even sure what this means. Classic FOD.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Post us up pictures of a couple of excepts? We won't judge you (much)! :p
Excerpts, not excepts, sorry! (I'd previewed and everything🤦‍♀️)

And good grief, I hope that is FOD commenting his own posts, otherwise it means there are more of them out there😲

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Maybe he rents them and they expire 😂
I thought this!!
I know I’ve said this before but I just don’t get how any of this ‘buying followers’ is allowed!!!?
It all seems so unethical, especially given that there is so much money to be earned from having a supposed high follower count!
Surely Instagram have responsibilities relating to such deception. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

The thing that annoys me about articles like that is the ‘I never set out to be an influencer’ and ‘expect to work for nothing’ bollocks. You might not have set out to gain a sizeable following, but you sure as buggery have made it crack now you’ve got one, haven’t you? 🙄 Nobody is forcing them to take all those lovely freebies and cash payments. And as for all the ‘hard work’ you put in ‘behind the scenes’? Try working a 12 hour shift in a factory. You can have a large number of followers and choose not to sell your soul with it. Instagram used to fun but people like this have sucked every last frigging drop out of it. For everyone.
Edited to add: although tbf, that’s quite a well rounded blog post she’s written.
Yeah and that woman is a dentist.....already raking it in! Hardly hard manual labour 🙄🙄

Last edited:
If we all wish for it I’m sure we can make it happen. If we all take 1 recipe card, ideally Gousto but could be Hello Fresh. A single frozen roast potato, any brand. 1 found hairband, once lost and frankfurter sausage (finely chopped). Put them all in the family sick bucket and stir whilst chanting “Unfollow the twit” “Unfollow the twit” it’ll be below 1 million by Monday.

I’m sure he comments on his own posts.... Nobody can be this stupid surely. I’m not even sure what this means. Classic FOD.
Wow, that's so deep. 😆🙄

There are no comments on his post but a helluva lotta likes. 👀
I've just looked now and there are over 400 comments and lots of views, but no likes. How did the likes disappear? It indicates that the comments were mostly left 7 hours ago which would have been 8 pm.

Reactions: 2
I have to admit the twin made me laugh but yes it is surely staged.

Why has Clemmie changed her name back to winks_howard?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I agree advances are small compared to what they used to be, but I think most publishers would pay and advance and royalties on a book of this type. Again, not a lot, but I can’t imagine his agent not negotiating an advance and royalty.
I’m
Has anyone actually read FOD's book? I'm tempted to order it at the library just to see how much of a pile of shite it is. Although the thought of our local librarian thinking I'm a fan of his puts me off 😂

View attachment 75342View attachment 75341View attachment 75342

🤣 dying at some of these reviews. 🤢 couldn't bear to read more than one of 2 five star reviewsView attachment 75346
‘Upper Middle Class wannabe mince’ 🤣

• Haha
Actually, guys, hold up. That data isn’t accurate, my bad. This isn’t adding up all sales of hardback, kindle and paperback - it’s just one of those! I will find out proper figures!

Sorry for causing such joy then ripping it away!
I wouldn’t think many people would buy it on kindle. It’s all about the photos inside presumably?

I seem to recall the publishers changing the title? Was that to try to resurrect it?

I wouldn’t think many people would buy it on kindle. It’s all about the photos inside presumably?

I seem to recall the publishers changing the title? Was that to try to resurrect it?
I listened to one of budget Clemmie’s podcasts that featured MOD and FOD where he mentions that the book was coming out in paperback with a different title and MOD was surprised and said she didn’t know that - I wonder if he somehow hid his poor book sales from her and hadn’t worked out at that point how to spin the title change to her without having to tell the truth?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.