Michael and Dave Kay #15 -We're on a Journey Together from Karlsberg to Adler

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So... What the heck does Dave do for a living that allows him to be sailing endless cruises?
I think he managed to break into Mom's bank account. That's the only thing I can think of. Maybe Grandma left him a bunch of money, also. Who knows? It would be like him to just mindlessly blow it all on European dumbfuckery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I hope all you tattle peeps have a happy holiday season with your families. Watching Michael implode has been interesting and at least for me unexpected. Dave is the gift that keeps giving. Merry Christmas from the Kays and Adlers!

1703201202733.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think he really thought that moving to Orlando would catapult him into the stratosphere. I think he imagined himself getting so popular on YouTube that Disney would reach out to him and beg to get him on their payroll, or at least beg him to come to all their exclusive events as their esteemed guest. I think he was genuinely flummoxed when that didn’t happen, and started getting noticeably more desperate and manic in a misguided attempt to win their favor and grow his audience. Then Covid hit, and just as we were starting to emerge from that chaos, Cruisegate happened and Michael fell hard and fast from what minimal good Disney graces he had. From there, it’s just been watching him get more and more bitter, spiteful, and lazy as he’s slowly realized that there is no future for him in Disney vlogging. I think Disney truly broke his heart and the magic died for him, and he attempted to rebound with golf courses and Universal and European cruises, but there’s just not as big of a market for off-putting weirdos doing random tit as there is for off-putting weirdos vlogging around Epcot. It took awhile, but eventually he realized that if he wasn’t doing Disney no one would care to watch him, and he has no interest in doing Disney anymore, so here we are. He just stopped. And we can reasonably speculate that his fiancée and her income are helping to fill the void left by Figment and the Kaykateers.
Totally agree with all of this. (y)
---
Totally agree with all of this. (y)
When all is said and done, I'm just sad. I really, REALLY liked Michael and his Disney vlogs "back in the day". I'm so disappointed that he never really worked at keeping the magic alive. He just did what was easy for him for as long as it remained easy. When it was fun and new, he thrived. But when it began to take real effort, like taking accountability when he messed up, or finding some fresh and informative ways to keep his viewers interested, he abandoned us all. 😟

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
the pastel de nata Dave showed from Manteigaria is amazing.
It looked amazing! You wouldn’t know it from Dave’s assessment, though. His description:
“Seems even a little bit more liquidy… more custardy, less eggy… seems like a dessert item, certainly, I believe.”

I would love to hear this “food dude” explain what he thinks custard is made of.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dave treated us to a Christmas Day video. I couldn’t stomach the prior video at 48 min, please forgive me. He starts out saying he’s tired, says glasses in Lisbon are smaller, says milk is better in Europe, says his pancakes are fried, has some “smooth” banana bread, goes into a grocery store and rambles, likes tiles on buildings, gets burger delivered and he likes it, goes to coffee shop with a girl, she films him, get pastry and says it’s “meatier” , calls powdered sugar “sauce”, his train pass won’t work, wandered around, got soaked by a passing car (thank you driver), goes to an outdoor market, gets chicken sandwich and sangria and he likes it, gets breakfast and we get our only “not bad” food review, gets two pastries that he likes, teases his next exciting destination. That is all.

1703597825726.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Any guesses on the next thrilling destination? I have a feeling it’s going to be Paris, and frankly I am ready to watch Dave get his “cwasson”-obsessed ass handed to him by the French.

Also, open call for intel from any of the ladies who have been spending time with him on his travels. So far none of them have been shown on camera, so we can safely assume they see the writing on the wall as soon as Dave Kay Here Today opens his mouth, and quickly decline permission so they won’t be associated with this one-man sideshow act. But I have to imagine, if it were me… if I were a solo traveling woman who struck up a conversation with Dave, thought he seemed harmless, then agreed to have breakfast with him and found out that he’s a lunatic… I would be frantically googling to see what was up with this guy. So if any of you are out there, if any of you have landed here by googling “Dave Kay” or “David Kay” or “David Karlsberg” or “met an American guy on a cruise who has a YouTube channel but something is off about him” — WELCOME. Please show yourself and please tell us everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
More nonsense from Dave kay here today. He’s flying to Zurich. he shows extensive footage of the duty free shop in the airport and says multiple times he’s “tempted”. He rambles a good bit, is fixated on food and water, Eats a “not bad” sandwich on the plane and says the potato chips were “soft”, shows duty free shop in Switzerland, says the airport “feels nice” , gets on a train, finds Airbnb, calls the room radiator “a heating thing”, let’s us know is ok to drink the tap water (he asked specifically about this), gets a burger that he likes and finishes up with a random grocery store tour. That is all.

1703861479357.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Blast from the past. 6 years ago, Michael goes to the mall with his dad to buy a new Apple iPhone 8 Plus!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
How do they expect kids to go to the kid's club when they're not small enough to fit in the ship?
Also, I don't think those windows would hold up to the rough seas like only Disney windows are made to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
End of an Era… I’m gonna go against the grain here and see that I truly enjoyed his videos back in the day and to be honest sometimes I still watch the Cruise videos. I kinda wish I didn’t know about him personally or his absolutely garbage family, but time to move on do you guys think this is the last we’ve seen of him?

Reactions: 7
End of an Era… I’m gonna go against the grain here and see that I truly enjoyed his videos back in the day and to be honest sometimes I still watch the Cruise videos. I kinda wish I didn’t know about him personally or his absolutely garbage family, but time to move on do you guys think this is the last we’ve seen of him?
I absolutely still watch his old trips and cruise vids. They had an energy and optimism that I always find calming. MK deserves happiness and I hope he has found it.

I absolutely still watch his old trips and cruise vids. They had an energy and optimism that I always find calming. MK deserves happiness and I hope he has found it.
Dr. Princess has entered the chat….just kidding I agree with you!

Eh he’s an anti-vaxer and seems homophobic. I don’t wish him ill but I’ll say I don’t think he’s a great person.