Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rnpkr7829

Since when do people be cleared for intercourse I thought it’s only to check you’re healing as you should

Yes they do give out if the baby is too heavy but it’s no surprise ifs she’s feeding him around the clock ,maybe she should offer him water between feeds you’d never put a young child on a restrictive diet just small changes can make a difference until he’s more mobile.
What’s the point of giving a shout out to the husband for “waiting patiently”? Is respecting consent not a normal thing and do men need to be applauded everytime they “wait patiently and not put pressure on women for sex?”. What kind of internalized misogyny is that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
To be fair, as much as some things she does annoy me... I agree with her on this. Hence my reply to it. Before anyone gets on their high horse and comes for me, remember we can all have a different opinion and when you're pregnant your mind goes into full protection mode. View attachment 389806
nope, she is wrong. They’ve been testing out these drugs since last January on thousands of test subjects after figuring out their sequence in November 2019. She was the one calling for herd immunity, THATS how herd immunity happens the people who can take the vaccines do so it protects the people who can’t. I understand the hesitation but if she was as well read as she claims to be then she wouldn’t have a problem.

*edit* I wasn’t going to get techical about it but I will a small bit because vaccines are forever a hill I’m willing to die on. mRNA vaccines aren’t new. Research has been going on for them for decades in things like rabies, Zika and CMV. Cancer research has used mRNA to trigger the immune system to target cancer cells. mRNA is a “spike protein” so when it’s given to the body your cells make that protein and remembers it doesn’t like it and it doesn’t belong there so the next time it shows up it knows to fight against it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I made the decision today after 6 years of working in hospitals and 5 years before that in medical school that I’m giving up medicine and I’ve handed in my notice. I spend my life with a knot in my throat and my stomach, I’ve started vomiting from stress and my hair is falling out in clumps, constantly feeling like my heart is about to explode and I can’t live like that any more. At best I’ll take 2021 off before I combust, at worst I’ll never wear a stethoscope again after next month. Covid and society attitudes to medicine and to each other have fucking broken me.

If it genuinely bothers you that much Melanie then give it up or change your content. Life is short. You won’t though, because you’d rather complain and live with your head in the clouds. It’s up to you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
Someone in the comments of the latest post innocently stated how we are in a pandemic and the safety aspect of refill shops- attached screenshots below.

Well Melanie replied and took the head clean off the commenter. No need at all.... BUT instagrama Lama is back and pulling no punches 😂😂

This has all since been deleted of course.
The way she says ‘something that’s only killed a couple of million’ as if it’s nothing 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ So basically fuck anyone that’s lost loved ones over the last year cause it’s only a couple of million no big deal. The pure ignorance of her, reason why I unfollowed her a while back

• Angry
Reactions: 34

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
i refuse to even click on an hour long video, not a chance in hell.

I am giving it a go right now. Will give a blow by blow.

It's very long and rambley. Feel free to skip this post. 56:21 minutes of Melanie video and this is what I have to show for it. FML.

TLDR: it's a dumpster fire of a video. Horrible jumps and editing. Nothing chilled about it or entertaining. Let alone informative. It's a haphazard collection of badly edited rambling.

Let's go:

"I had a covid wedding and a pandemic baby. My first baby"
The intro already pissed me off.

1:30 minute in and we get the second ad. Make that coin, I guess.
It's so scattered in the beginning. I hope it gets better. In terms of everything, the thought processes and editing etc.

Also, she doesn't put on a shirt or sweater to go for a walk in january. Only the cropped fabletics down jacket over a sports bra with leggings.
Every little thought is followed by a meme of some kind.
She goes through all she accomplished (honours degree, "bagging" an amazing life partner, losing 60 pounds, managing mental health issues and getting published) and plugs her new book.

Oh nice, she is talking about how horrible and common hair loss is in women when they have kids. How many women go bald, have to wear wigs and how awful it is and using pictures of post pregnancy hair loss in other women. Because that is great for women's mental health. Good job, Melanie. Not fear inducing at all. Especially since stress is also a reason people lose hair. Bang up job. Had to stop watching for a minute.

Ok, back to it.
She talks about goals for the year, month and day.
Her goals for the year are:

- get stronger and more fit
- finish the book
- be consistent with skincare
- haircare routine to help with hairloss
- have more sober/Covid friendly meeting with friends
- post YouTube video every 10 days
- being mindful in motherhood
- support Irish businesses

And then she does a list for the month.

Plan content
Write 3000 words a week
Go for daily walks
Strength train 3 times a week
Steam face weekly
Do skincare daily
Listen to audiobooks
1 hour quality time with Thomas each day (maybe she should just delete Twitter and she would have multiple hours with him if that's what she wants)
Time management
1 new recipe a week

Then it's on to daily goals.
Her goal of having a cold shower daily treats us to views of her topless in the shower, hands on tits and all.

She will have a check box for stuff like drinking water, taking a walk and pooping.
She's taking the piss. She can't be serious.

Side note, she doesn't refer back to these goals in most cases.

Out for a walk with her dad saying she's so productive since becoming a mom. She mentions that he is in her social bubble because he lives alone.

And then shower footage again. Lovely. Less tits this time.

In her snippets of what I assume is dinner she leaves us with another jewel.
"Another day in lockdown, another day of fucking soup. Remember eating out?"

Don't blame Covid for your boring food. Cook nicer food, or, if that's impossible, order food in. That would accomplish the goal of supporting local businesses. And even without Covid, according to her, she wouldn't be able to go out for food because she is soooooooooooooo busy.

She talks about the wedding and how much money they lost. 8k up in the air and 5k that is lost forever. Cry me a river. So they will have a wedding to not lose it all. Sounds so special and nice. Imagine being invited to that after she made it clear that she doesn't even want to be there herself and only does it to not lose money.
March 2022 is the date. And that leads into how great her skin was before Covid and how she needs to get it back to that by her new wedding date. And then going on about her skin care. I dozed off.

We get treated to some prime workout footage. Some skin care stuff and how she wants to prevent wrinkles.
And then some more hair loss talk and how horrifying it is and how she is going to be a "baldy Sue". How she can feel the hair falling down her back all the time and then she goes into all the stuff she bought for her hair. Thomas's hair transplant video is coming btw, just waiting for regrowth to come in. Thomas talks about the process and Melanie just doesn't even listen, react or anything. She pretends he isn't there and plays with the baby interrupting everything he says.

Then they are off for a walk on the beach where she says she used to imagine her kids playing on the beach before she knew if she was even able to have them and now she's here. Manifestation stuff. And now she needs to get on the manifestation for getting their house because she's so good at it 🤮

She then talks about her grandma when she walks by her old house and how it's difficult to have lost her. She then says she's so sorry for people who lost their grandparents last year and how she isn't sure why she even thought about that just then and that it hit her.
Uhm what? This shit makes me so angry. Is that really the first time she stopped to reflect on the fact how many people lost loved ones last year and weren't able to say goodbye or hold their hand?
REALLY? The woman who constantly bitches about lockdown and Covid restriction had it now occurr to her that Covid deaths were lonely ones? That it's tough to lose someone always but even more difficult when you don't get to say goodbye? It boils my blood.

I need to take a break.

Back at it.

Some footage at home in bathrobes with Thomas. Some stress and mediation talk, buttering some burnt toast. And how she helps her son to sit up and how she pulls him up to do that. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Then some talk on how she's so productive now.

Then some footage of them getting the photos for Thomas's fundraiser.
She says her taking 30 seconds cold showers is her contribution. Of course it is, Melanie. You are a hero. It's all about you.

Her son is an influencer because she gets sent skin care for him. And then some footage of her in the bath with him.
Snowy walk with her dad, a call with her friends and her making soup.
Yawn.

Talk about writing and how she is always improving and needs to take the project more seriously and how she needs to do it every day.
Vaccination day for the baby but at least she does do it (a plus in my opinion). She says she's nervous about it and also because some people there have had Covid. (Really? At a clinic? Shocker).
Then they have take away and watch a movie sitting on the floor. Some more footage about the fundraiser.
I must say although I'm not a huge Thomas fan, it's cute to see how motivated and happy he seems about it. He's so cheery when he talks about it.

That's it. Over.
She asks for feedback.
Mine is:
More structure and less ramble. Don't present goals at the beginning if then there's not a round up about how she did. Also, less tit footage in the shower, please.

That's me done.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

tittletat2020

Her latest video .. wow. A 31 year old woman who can't drive, can't swim, complains that she can't eat takeaway in bed because her kid sleeps there. Admits she used to walk around the village at midnight with classic music blasting through her headphones while she wept. Complains constantly about how hard having ONE child is despite her husband being home almost 24/7 and living with in laws. He looks completely over her bullshit. The way she said 'do you want to show them your wetsuit for your little challenge' was so patronising, when she CAN'T EVEN FUCKING SWIM! It's obvious she's only anti lockdown because it affects HER social life/ability to travel. She's so selfish, so self indulgent, so pampered. Sitting round doing face masks with her boobs hanging out of unsupportive bras all day. I hope she has to get a real job one day, a taste of actual work would floor her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Dearreader

VIP Member
I feel I might get a lot of hate for this BUT

Where was Melanie's energy for linking to fundraisers durning BLM? Also when she linked a Fabletics advert durning BLM to how "diverse" they are, where was the donation from that cheque? Oh wait, there wasn't. No adsense donated from videos either.

This past year gone and this year she has done ONE fundraiser. ONE for Beaumont hospital. So all that whining about who's suffering durning lockdown means jack shit. It's empty words when's she's done sweet fuck all to support ANY services via her platform or get involved in fundraisers.

Fair play to Thomas, Yeah...but I think people are forgetting it was Thomas who has undertaken it NOT Mel. She simply used her platform to share it.

Would barnardos have gotten the airtime on Mel's platform if her husband hasn't become involved? NO IT WOULDN'T HAVE.

She's done nothing via her platform for charities for the entirely of 2020. With the reach she has, granted not that large she could have done so much.

Instead ,Melanie insulted essential workers calling them "karens" and undermines the hard work of frontline staff durning a pandemic by using her platform to share tinfoil theories.

I'm not going to clap for Mel for sharing a fundraiser to support her husband.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
What’s the point of giving a shout out to the husband for “waiting patiently”? Is respecting consent not a normal thing and do men need to be applauded everytime they “wait patiently and not put pressure on women for sex?”. What kind of internalized misogyny is that?!
does he not wank? 😂 slow clap for Thomas for bare minimum decency.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
The discussions about easing lockdown rules, to allow for a few more personal freedoms and the effects lockdown has on people's mental health and economic situations are valid ones to have. That is, if, and only if, the participants in these discussions have some expertise and common sense and/or are able to view the world from a standpoint where they themselves and their problems aren't the centre of the world and their well-being isn't the only thing to consider.
It really sucks that people are losing their livelihoods and are looking into the abyss economically and psychologically after this year, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I don't think anyone would argue with that. And it doesn't help that many of the most affected industries are ones where work situations are precarious for many to begin with (like the restaurant industry, tourism, service industry etc.). But, like mentioned before, that was a problem before covid as well and should be addressed from the root. Not paying people a living wage is a huge problem and not offering adequate mental health services is an equally big one. There is no denying that situations are desperate, but these same people in many cases are the ones that would be most exposed if lockdown rules eased and at the same times would be the ones who can least afford being sick for weeks or months on end. So easing lockdown rules will not change this fundamental problem like she pretends it will. It's not like she would stand in a cafe, shop or restaurants for 8-10 hours a day serving customers and dealing with people refusing to put a mask on.
Melanie doesn't give a flying fuck about any of that. She wants to go to the gym for her "reset", have coffee in cafes, see her friends and have her hubby fly big and important planes (all understandable desires, but not in any measure enough to validate her demands for easement). There are so many ways that she could give support to the businesses and community around her suffering because of covid, if that was the real concern. She does have a platform, not a massively huge one, but a lot bigger than my tiny soapbox and even I try to do what I can.
She brings up mental health and the toll isolation and separation had on everyone struggling, which is good and important for sure. But at the same time God knows what's going on in her relationship with her little sister who is apparently doing really badly. I don't wanna speculate about the situation or give judgement about something that I am not privy to, but it doesn't really look like a supportive sitaution from Melanie's side. At least from the outside.

• Heart

PumpkinLanterns

I love how she states she'd move to London if Thomas got a job there, but moving 20-30 minutes outside of skerries to escape her inlaws attic "is just too far away from family." If she truly thinks she might have to move anyway (which she says in that post). But she still wants to purchase a house in Ireland, she's an absolute fool for not buying the cheaper house with a commute. Both for investment and quality of life. She works remotely, travels, and openly admits she might have to move out of country. But she still has her heart on the absurdly expensive home, that she can hardly afford with their debt, that she may not even be living in long term. All logic points to breaking into a cheaper housing market or just renting. Houses cost more than just their purchase price. If she's struggling to get a loan for the house and has debt, how does she expect to afford repairs, upkeep, and cosmetic changes.

• Haha
  • Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
Melanie just got called out HARD.

I cAn rEaD the sTaTs

Deserved, oh so deserved. ❤

What a burn.

Clapping for whoever wrote this comment.

* *sorry for spamming with images, doing this via my phone quickly and feel these comments deserve a moment to be immortalised before Melanie deletes them all to save face/her insatiable need to be right all the time.😂

I'd be morto right now if I was Mel.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

lemonpeach

Jesus Christ...% of people live life one pay cheque away from poverty...yea this has been going on pre COVID, families living in hotels and emergency accommodation, people who have a life like hers (married with a baby but own their own house) that then a partner loses a job and debt starts to build up and they find themselves unable to pay the mortgage, they’re evicted and living in a fucking hotel, homeless! Like this is Ireland Melanie and has been for years you should be outraged that this goes on at all...not just COVID related
This is what pisses me off so much about her. She’s clueless about everything she chooses to open her trap about. Covid has exacerbated the problems that were already there - shes only speaking about them now because it helps her to justify her anti lockdown rubbish. She doesn’t care about those problems, she is just weaponising them because she’s annoyed she can’t go clothes shopping and her husband can’t fly loads of planes. She’s a tit

• Heart
Reactions: 27

lily104

It’s so hard to believe anything she says because she always reaches. When she did a video speaking about why she’s sober and showed videos of her out drunk and trying to portray how bad she is... when she’s just laughing with her mates? Does she not get exhausted always finding things to make a problem?? She said in the video her friends had a joke with her where she’d say she’d only have 1 drink and they’d be like oh sure! Is that not a common joke? Am I the insane one?

• Haha
  • Heart

plumbob

Her reel has rubbed me up the wrong way today. You know, I didn’t even know hip dips were a thing let alone something I should be insecure about until she mentioned them a few years ago, and that was that. Suddenly I was insecure about something I didn’t even know existed. She does this quite a lot I’ve noticed. In my opinion, constantly drawing attention to something like that and pointing it out as ‘normal’ ISN’T actually normalising it.

• Wow
  • Angry

firecracker

MEL: If you guys don't stop asking me to keep my baby private I SWEAR I'll stop showing him online! 😡
US: ????????? ok????????

• Haha

PumpkinLanterns

I'm about to rant. Feel free to skip if you're tired of covid talk. But her obsession with Melsplaining medicine to people on Twitter does me in every time.

She has no idea how the medical field works or how doctors actually network. She doesn't seem to know that doctors have private networking groups and an expensive medical database. (Not google and twitter) So while she ignores her child to go on a twitter tirade, actual doctors are already well past this discussion. There's no dramatic divide about it either. The cdc made it very clear that the data for pregnant women isn't there. At no point does it say they recommend it, only that it's the mothers descicion if she feels she needs it after weighing the options. Really not that far off from what the WHO said, which was that it's not recommended for pregnant women, but it's safe enough to give pregnant women in high risk situations. She's misrepresenting information yet again to scare people. Pulled from whatever media source is fishing for clicks that day. Something can be considered safe AND not be recommended in pregnant women at the same time. This isn't the first time this has ever happened.

There are definitely critisisms to be made towards governments right now, but that's not what Mels message is. She's always pushing for no lockdowns, no masks, and triage measures as a first line of defense until herd immunity happens. Blow the hospital workers a kiss and say, "good luck" is her solution. She doesn't understand any of the data she likes and shares. I've seen people schooling her in those twitter comments over Sweden. She just flips her story or outright ignores the facts.

Long story short, Melanie isn't qualified to give medical advice to anyone. Ever. And if you're reading this Mel, just stop. Or go to Medical school, pass your exams, get through surgery, go through years of residency, get your license, then maybe. But until then, stop pretending to be from a STEM field. You don't know how to properly read data. You aren't good at research. And it is painfully clear that you didn't even bother going to either of those websites to fact check before making that twitter post.

• Heart