Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HaveSomeMilk

Chatty Member
Gonna write this because I’m feeling brave and melanies anti abortion rant has angered the crap out of me and I just can’t bear the idea of anyone reading it and it having an impact on how they view themselves for contemplating getting one as an option or even having the procedure.

I had an abortion a . Best decision I made for myself at the time and it is a valid option for any woman out there and no one should be made to feel guilty about it from some random who claims to be pro choice.

fuck Melanie. Ignore her she’s just high off the idea of spraying liquid gold from her mammaries and has some “I’m gonna save all the babies” complex.

you are not a bad person for considering abortion you are not a bad person for having an abortion you are not a bad person full stop.

the thing that gets me about melanies crap is that pro choice has never meant pro abortion. Ever. And at least in my view one of the main points about pro choice is that it matters precious little what your own personal opinion is of abortions. Who cares about your own personal opinion of the procedure in general. Facts are unless you are that woman with that background with that life stuff going on behind the scenes, then you don’t understand the reasoning behind that’s woman’s choice either way.
m

Melanie has also got an absolute nerve spouting that stuff about “women should be better educated re contraception” when she was promoting natural cycles and also telling people that breastfeeding was her contraception. She’s terrifyingly stupid

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Dearreader

VIP Member
TRIGGER WARNING - SA

I was shocked that Melanie mentioned walking in on her friend passed out in a bathroom while Melanie's boyfriend at the time was sexually assaulting her friend.

Melanie discussed how it made her feel and how she blocked it out. While she reflected back on it in the video she discussed how horrible it was for her and verbalised no concern for her friend who had been assaulted.

I know this can be a very tricky topic but Mel made it appear like she was so outraged that her ex could do that to her.... failing to mention the real victim - her friend.

I really don't want to cause offence or hurt to anyone who might be reading... but to gloss over what happened her friend really sickened me.

As the topic is quite sensitive- I will delete the post if necessary/made anyone feel uncomfortable, which isn't my intention.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210427-224807~2.png

Screenshot_20210427-215511~2.png

It's all about her. All her. Only her. A picture of her baby and dad is about how she looks in the background. A comment about her baby's arm is also just about her.
Everyone and everything else is just secondary.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

oicheliath

I can't believe she's still doing that Food Diary series. They're interesting when it's like "I'm a broke student with no working oven, here's what I eat in a day" or "I'm lactose intolerant and a nurse on night shifts, here's what I eat in a day".

Whereas Mel's diary is like "soooo, in the morning I love toast, I don't know you guys ever have jam with your toast but I've been having it for years now, it's class, I have it with strawberry but there's also blackcurrant, raspberry, marmalade.... sometimes I just use butter but then I'll have an egg with my toast, that's the water boiling for an egg now, I find about 7 minutes does the job, oh my god if you haven't had an egg with toast before honestly try it, it's unreal".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Sazb64

Chatty Member
Very hard picturing Melanie Murphy as a serious writer. All I can see is her lying horizontal in bed, looking up a synonyms for “shit” and “boobs” on Thesaurus.com.
"She walked into the room in her flesh suit. Your man admired her Dolly Partons. She was mid-sized and he approved. They had wild passionate missionary. And post-coital potato waffles and beans. It was love".

Ah that's the sex scene done. Tolkien eat your heart out. Time to call some commenters trolls, and set out the saucepans for Milo to play with. Another successful day 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 44

rnpkr7829

Does she ever shut up though?

It's a little after 9am and I'm exhausted reading that. Can't imagine how much she sucks the soul out of people in real life.
“Pro choice folk who wouldn’t think twice”. Well fuck you Melanie. It’s NEVER an easy choice for anyone. Have a conversation with rape victims and get OUT of your ideal Melanie world. I hate her selective ignorance and over complicating every single thing! Ughhhh

• Heart
Reactions: 37

notjust_vanilla

I don't understand why she called herself 'anti abortion'? Most pro-choicers don't think abortion is a good thing objectively, and understand how traumatic it can be for everyone involved. And people who are pro-choice dont automatically have an abortion when an unexpected pregnancy comes along. We don't throw a party every time someone has one; we are pro-choice for exactly that reason: we believe abortion should be legal and safe and available to everyone who wants/needs one.

And no melanie, not all abortions are a result of lack of knowledge about contraception. Contraception can fail, people can be SA'd etc.

If you really believe in pro-choice, just leave it at that. You don't need to throw in an addendum to make you look like a good person for saying you'd never have one.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210422-100753~2.png

Melanie: I opt out of 'consuming' news for mental health reasons.

Also Melanie to her followers: If we don't save aviation via the petition my husband shares from his work twitter, we won't be able to get any food, medication, PPE or even the bodies of deceased relatives from abroad.

🤔

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

kalechips

VIP Member
Based on her insta she seems really hung up on the past and her life pre-marriage and baby. I know a handful of people who went down that route just because I guess it's what they thought they were supposed to do, but never really gave a serious thought to what they wanted out of marriage/parenthood. I might be reading too much into it but I get the vibe that her favourite part of being married and having a baby is the fact that other people want that for themselves and they might envy her for it, rather than what thomas and the baby actually bring to her life, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

oicheliath

Pro choice, anti abortion that's a new one 😂
Drives me mad when she says that. Why does she need to add anti-abortion, that can be included within pro-choice. It insinuates that there's a group of pro-abortion people, simply mad for abortions they are! Like some people do it for the craic. It was a make believe argument during the referendum here. Melanie, having made a whole short film on the topic, should really know better. It's ugly language. A "pick me!" for liberal Catholics.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

kateps

Does she ever shut up though?

It's a little after 9am and I'm exhausted reading that. Can't imagine how much she sucks the soul out of people in real life.
The way she says "I wish us women were made to understand..." just doesn't sit right with me. It takes two to tango, why should all the responsibility and blame fall on the woman or the person that can get pregnant? (I'm not even going to go into her quite exclusive, binary language when she talks about pregnancy and abortion, we've all established her stance on that...) It's such a sexist statement and I bet she would excuse it with "but bIoLoGiCaLLY it's the woman's responsibility."

Also when she says that she didn't have the option of an abortion because she was "young and broke and with no support system" yeah no shit, that's what pro-choice people are fighting for. So another 19-year-old has that option without feeling guilt, without having to expose themselves to friends and family who might be like Melanie (because you bet she judges people who have had abortions). By her account she wasn't ready to be a mother at 19 yet she was fully prepared to go for it, despite the bigger ramifications that would have had for her own life and for the life of her child.

Finally, the comparison to cigarettes and to the lockdown is so tone deaf and irrelevant. Cigarettes aren't banned because they're part of people's "right to choose"; they're not banned because they're part of a multi-billion industry. How does abortion compare to that? I'm not going to get into the lockdown analogy, we've analyzed how dumb that is to death..

• Heart
Reactions: 33

anonymous658

She's a weapon
It makes me laugh how in the same paragraph there's 'no judgement' but states that abortions sickens her. That is definitely a judgement there Melanie, and a strong one at that.

Also how she talks about pro-choice people saying 'good for you' when people get abortions, that's because that person is making the right choice for themselves, when it's not by any means an easy decision EITHER WAY. Not because it's a fucking party popper birthday-esque party when someone decides to have an abortion you daft bint!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
Her newest reel on "it takes a village to raise a child" that suggests that she herself is the whole village because of Covid is just taking the piss.
Seriously.

• Haha
  • Heart

oicheliath

TRIGGER WARNING - SA
Won’t copy the text in case it bothers anyone. But I had the exact same reaction as you. Very disturbing. The girl it happened to could still be local, follow Melanie. Shockingly careless. That story is 1% about Melanie, 99% about what that prick did to the girl. It wasn’t Melanie’s story to tell like this.

metalbeard

She is a vile human
She is not pro choice if she has to write an essay about how she wishes abortion wasn’t an option and women were taught more about using contraception
That’s right slut shaming and victim blaming all wrapped up in a “I’m a pro choice advocate”
Abortion is NEVER a choice anyone makes lightly but it’s their right to choose and everyone else who isn’t involved in that decision can fuck right off with their opinions
She is not pro choice but she knows if she were to admit it she would be crucified
She is a disgusting person that has such an archaic Irish Catholic view of the world
Not admonishing anyone who is Catholic, but she embodies everything wrong with Catholicism

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
Melanie : I don't have time for showers or hot cups of coffee.

Also Mel : So goise I just love playing this game called June's journey #ad

• Haha
Reactions: 31