Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very... she doesn’t seem emotionally together at all.
Ah here she needs friends. There's no shame crying and breaking down but like time and place. Don't see how putting this on YouTube is beneficial?

Pro choice, anti abortion that's a new one 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Pro choice, anti abortion that's a new one 😂
I mean not to get into a debate about it but I can see that argument. You can be against the idea of personally ever having an abortion but still be in favour of not making decisions for other people.

That’s definitely something she’s mentioned before. Around the time she conveniently didn’t vote in the 8th ref 🙄🙄

Reactions: 18
Part of me thinks Thomas has jumped at the opportunity to get away from Mel for a bit, I can't imagine being stuck in the attic with her is all that much fun 🤣
I really see this testing their relationship big time, she has far too many jealousy issues etc I reckon. Plus how will she cope with her baby alone? She can barely manage a walk never mind being the sole carer 24hours a day. Hate to break it to you Mel but you'll be BEGGING for a routine when you have to do it yourself.
I actually get her wanting to live where she wants to live etc but she has to be realistic that for a while they might have to live in the UK and then down the line can move back to Ireland.
They apparently have a big group of friends but where have they all been? I've seen my friends almost every week pandemic or not (socially distanced and following the rules etc) like why can't you make the effort? Oh wait you're too lazy and need something else to moan about.

Reactions: 16
TRIGGER WARNING - SA

I was shocked that Melanie mentioned walking in on her friend passed out in a bathroom while Melanie's boyfriend at the time was sexually assaulting her friend.

Melanie discussed how it made her feel and how she blocked it out. While she reflected back on it in the video she discussed how horrible it was for her and verbalised no concern for her friend who had been assaulted.

I know this can be a very tricky topic but Mel made it appear like she was so outraged that her ex could do that to her.... failing to mention the real victim - her friend.

I really don't want to cause offence or hurt to anyone who might be reading... but to gloss over what happened her friend really sickened me.

As the topic is quite sensitive- I will delete the post if necessary/made anyone feel uncomfortable, which isn't my intention.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
That story seems to be in the tone of him cheating on her rather than assaulting her friend. Like yes absolutely he sounds like a tosser but that’s not really the point of that story Mel.

Reactions: 31
TRIGGER WARNING - SA
Won’t copy the text in case it bothers anyone. But I had the exact same reaction as you. Very disturbing. The girl it happened to could still be local, follow Melanie. Shockingly careless. That story is 1% about Melanie, 99% about what that prick did to the girl. It wasn’t Melanie’s story to tell like this.

Reactions: 32
That story seems to be in the tone of him cheating on her rather than assaulting her friend. Like yes absolutely he sounds like a tosser but that’s not really the point of that story Mel.
Yes, this exactly. You said it perfectly. Tbh, I'm actually struggling with that whole part of the video.

I understand how easy it is to mentally block something traumatizing but then when reflecting on it, she made a whole thing about how it affected her as you said in the tone of him cheating.

Your friend was passed out and assaulted and you make it about how it impacted you.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Wow there's really no narrative that she won't use to center herself in...its so messed up that even years later that is her takeaway from witnessing an assault.

Reactions: 24
Won’t copy the text in case it bothers anyone. But I had the exact same reaction as you. Very disturbing. The girl it happened to could still be local, follow Melanie. Shockingly careless. That story is 1% about Melanie, 99% about what that prick did to the girl. It wasn’t Melanie’s story to tell like this.
This. I'm just really not ok with any of it. Especially since Melanie didn't verbalize any concern or care for her friend while reflecting but is happy enough to tell someone's traumatizing story which isn't hers to tell and to boot making it all about herself.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I actually find it quite upsetting. I am unsure of whether to keep my post up as I don't want to hurt anybody.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Part of me thinks Thomas has jumped at the opportunity to get away from Mel for a bit, I can't imagine being stuck in the attic with her is all that much fun 🤣
I really see this testing their relationship big time, she has far too many jealousy issues etc I reckon. Plus how will she cope with her baby alone? She can barely manage a walk never mind being the sole carer 24hours a day. Hate to break it to you Mel but you'll be BEGGING for a routine when you have to do it yourself.
I actually get her wanting to live where she wants to live etc but she has to be realistic that for a while they might have to live in the UK and then down the line can move back to Ireland.
They apparently have a big group of friends but where have they all been? I've seen my friends almost every week pandemic or not (socially distanced and following the rules etc) like why can't you make the effort? Oh wait you're too lazy and need something else to moan about.
She did say she struggled at first with Thomas being a pilot because of the rumours that circulate about that profession and she has major trust issues ,you could be right about him wanting to get away the whole podcast seemed to centre on Thomas and what he wants in his career ,he didn't really include her in his plans it was what his longterm goals are .

Reactions: 6
Serious one here, as much as I know she is self centred and can give us all a cringe laugh from time to time this video seems a bit worryingly manic, acting a bit strange is one thing but she was saying she was down and now she seems manically happy around 16 minutes she says that she would be happy if she died tomorrow even though she just had a son who needs her. She said she hopes she doesn't die anytime soon to back track a bit but it feel really unsettling that she's offloading all this trauma, went from being very down to seeming manically happy even though things aren't good for her...

Reactions: 20
So he took the job for his own mental health...and construction won’t give him the big pay check he wants...so he’s not putting his baby or relationship ahead of his needs
I get that in relationships you have to have your independence and care for your mental health...but if my partner said he had to move abroad away from me and our child because he needs to follow HIS dream and it’s to benefit HIS mental health I would be seeing serious red flags
Like he hasn’t said he wants this job to provide for his kid or get the house they want
If my partner said he was going to work in cork and we lived in Donegal...I’d be moving with him because we are a team
This is a fucked up relationship

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So he took the job for his own mental health...and construction won’t give him the big pay check he wants...so he’s not putting his baby or relationship ahead of his needs
I get that in relationships you have to have your independence and care for your mental health...but if my partner said he had to move abroad away from me and our child because he needs to follow HIS dream and it’s to benefit HIS mental health I would be seeing serious red flags
Like he hasn’t said he wants this job to provide for his kid or get the house they want
If my partner said he was going to work in cork and we lived in Donegal...I’d be moving with him because we are a team
This is a fucked up relationship
It’s his horrible toxic male ego.
He knocks up the local celebrity, locks her in his parents attic with his kid and goes jet setting around the world, leaving her a prisoner in his own home.

He doesn’t give a tit about her career. He’s always sabotaging her videos by strutting into shot in the background and checking himself out in the monitor.

He can swan off to the States with the flight attendants but I doubt Melanie will ever have a chance to do another YouTube convention in London now that she has the kid and no home of her own. Her lifestyle content will have to change to full on mammy vlogger.
I know this all sounds grim but I’ve been a fan of hers for years and once Thomas came on the scene he totally derailed her career. And now he’s leaving it in the dirt so he can fly long haul.

Say what you want about her, but the Mel of old deserved so much better.

Reactions: 9
Are people forgetting Mel has been problematic for years or...?

Long before she got married too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She also said on stereo that she wouldn’t have considered him as a lifelong partner at the beginning of their relationship if he had wanted to be a long haul pilot because she craves stability...I actually feel quite sorry for her. He life now doesn’t sound at all like the life she envisaged for herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
It’s sad to see her completely unravel in her latest video. She clearly needs to get out of that attic.

Reactions: 8
Are people forgetting Mel has been problematic for years or...?

Long before she got married too.

personally I totally agree now looking back, but at the time I was totally blind to her ways. I think unless you regularly keep up with Mel it can be hard to catch all of her narcissism since she glosses everything she says with rainbows and butterflies

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.