Melanie Murphy #11 me neck, me back, I'm a hypochondriac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to say that I do agree that they’re both toxic and wanted the best of both worlds. I called it months ago that he was only looking for short haul flights because the wanting to travel thing is bullshit. He wants the high pay and the short flights with the house by the sea, wife and 3 kids at home with the “badge“ of being a pilot. They’re extremely old fashioned that way. All of that is fine to want but just own it.
Mr & Mrs whimsical O'Rourke!

Reactions: 4
Of course she highlighting digital distortion as a sponsored campaign.

Let's all go out and buy some gradual tan because Melanie now says no to using filters.

Reactions: 8
I agree with everything said here about how chaotic and worrying that video is. She's spiralling and presenting it to the world, I hope she gets help soon.

Just to add, I appreciate the use of TW throughout this thread and WISH Melanie would learn how to/care enough to use them consistently. She covered some hefty and triggering topics in that video and never once (IIRC) gave a TW. Like, even in editing you can say "skip to X to avoid Y"in text, or use the segmenting of videos that people do now.

Of course she highlighting digital distortion as a sponsored campaign.

Let's all go out and buy some gradual tan because Melanie now says no to using filters.
She uses filters all the time, how dare she.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Melanie is exactly the kind of woman who enables misogyny and stereotypical behavior. She damages any cause she pretends to care about. So yes she is so dangerous because she has a platform and abuses it. I can see her in dire need of professional help and it is kind of sad but she is ruining so many lives of her impressionable YOUNG audience with her problematic content that I can’t empathize with her on her chaotic relationship/life. It’s the same with Jess when she had a breakup. They are not nice people and it should not be on anyone/their viewers to enable their toxic behavior and extend sympathy to their “failed choices”. Kindness is earned. Period.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This video is so unhinged, like really concerning. Totally manic, she really needs help.
To sit and edit this and go, YUP that needs to go on the internet.

Also "pro choice, anti abortion" is sickening, her discussing her friends assault is sickening,
the manic laughing about Sex and the City at the same time?
What is this attachment to the show when she can't even leave her suburb?

I feel like this whole thing is really setting off obvious attachment issues between her and Thomas,
it feels like someone trying to justify everything is okay with gratitude when it's really bloody isn't in her internal mindset.
The way she's talking about being a mother, like it's the only thing keeping her alive but in the same breath almost catastrophizing?
This attachment to manifestation is not a healthy approach to it at all, she's spiritually bypassing her mental health issues.

I really don't care for Melanie, but watching this all I can think is I really hope she get's some serious help.
Yeah I felt like this was so off, it almost sounded like a morbid drunken ramble. My baby is the same age as hers and I'm a very emotional person but don't continually cry about him and my role as a mother, definitely think she has underlying mental health issues. Plenty of digs at "trolls" in there too as usual I see

Reactions: 15
The strangest part of the whole thing is how she keeps saying she is so happy and grateful for the life she has and has created but looks so so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The strangest part of the whole thing is how she keeps saying she is so happy and grateful for the life she has and has created but looks so so sad.
I feel like she's trying really hard to convince herself of that, but is incredibly unhappy and likely feels really guilty about it. She seems to have been clinging to the past for the last little while and it seems strange for someone who has everything they claimed they wanted (minus the giant house).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have never seen an influencer posting their content the way she does. Its like she has quiet days and then suddenly one day dumps all of it on her social media. So much clutter. She really does treat her social media as her house, but that’s not how it should be! I’d be horrified if I worked in the agency managing her. Does she not think about her metrics and content strategy etc? You maybe a crappy person fine but atleast work hard in your job Melanie?! That’s literally your bread and butter.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lols, I usually rag on Melanie - but yeah, postpartum hormones can make you legit crazy. I’m not excusing her brash disregard for other people’s trauma or lack of trigger warnings - but the mental space she’s in now is very familiar to me.

When I was still breastfeeding I was having severe crying episodes and super weird mood swings/thoughts. Got put on a special supplementation regime to treat my depression and went to an in-person therapist. Also going back to regular cycles made me a whole new woman. All of these things have helped me enormously and she NEEDS to follow suit. For her own sake but also for those around her and her audience. A lot of these influencers talk about mental health and self-care without properly understanding it themselves. You need help Mel, build yourself up again - it’s getting sad to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Listening to her describe how SHE was affected by someone else's sexual assault with such a concern for herself and absolutely not a second thought to the actual victim is turning my stomach, she's actually so self obsessed it's sick. I agree with others that that video is pure manic and she needs help, but she's also still a narcissistic witch

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lols, I usually rag on Melanie - but yeah, postpartum hormones can make you legit crazy. I’m not excusing her brash disregard for other people’s trauma or lack of trigger warnings - but the mental space she’s in now is very familiar to me.

When I was still breastfeeding I was having severe crying episodes and super weird mood swings/thoughts. Got put on a special supplementation regime to treat my depression and went to an in-person therapist. Also going back to regular cycles made me a whole new woman. All of these things have helped me enormously and she NEEDS to follow suit. For her own sake but also for those around her and her audience. A lot of these influencers talk about mental health and self-care without properly understanding it themselves. You need help Mel, build yourself up again - it’s getting sad to watch.
Yeah I agree hormonal changes postpartum can be tough. Each to their own with the spiritual stuff but I definitely think she would benefit with professional help too- although I'm sure I've seen somewhere she is? Personally I feel like she comes off as still being in that phase of parenthood in the early days where its a massive shock to the system and you feel on edge a lot but this is 7 months later

Reactions: 2
Is there a way to unread this? How do I erase this from my memory???

Sharing is caring 😗

Who brags about drug use past the age of eighteen? She's regressing and trying to reclaim her youth. She's clearly unhappy.

If I have to suffer the cringe, you all have to!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Awh Melanie, you sneaky thing you! 🤪 quick to edit her comment and deleting the part that she had it worse. Caught at the right time! Doesn’t change the fact that it was her first thought and she will always be the victim because god forbid anyone else steals the limelight from her!
Yeah that's really crap

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.