Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ah lads come on - the day before your wedding can be stressful, emotional and highly charged... Give her a break. She also just arrived in from Dubai in the last few days by the looks of things. She's probably wreaked, dealing with family dramas (that happens before all weddings!) and is probably nervous on top of it.... Sheding a few stress related tears the day before your wedding is perfectly normal!

Reactions: 25

Supes0nic

I'm new to this thread but this shocked me. She was battling a f*cking ED here!! Please THINK before you type.
Literally NO one commented on her body they commented on the fact that she makes it out she was some high flying super model when she was a press call model of barely any note

Reactions: 24

Dyingtoknow

I actually think she’s one of the more decent ones compared to other insta huns, she defo was packing up her apartment over the last few weeks as she did say they were moving but didn’t say where, so I think her mention of a ‘wee hotel holiday’ is a bit of a break before they move to their long term place. I’m hoping I’m right cos she had been sensible enough throughout the pandemic.
Her accent is a bit mad but she has said before she’s well aware of it, she’s travelled the world Irish dancing and think she just picked up a mad mix of an accent over the years

MaryJones1

I feel really mean for slagging off her dress and bow now.
She is having a really hard time of it. I'm sure she doesn't need any grief off strangers on the Internet. I noticed yesterday she said about people messaging her to say they didn't like the bow! Who would actually message her? Maybe she read it on here but didn't want to say that.
Either way, her wedding and future anniversaries will be tied up with the thoughts of her dad bring unwell and millionaire or not that's going to be hard. I wish them all the best

• Heart
I started off hating Maeve due to her terrible accent which seems fake, but as time went on she has grown on me. Used to do a morning work our class every day during lockdown.

she is a prince compared to the likes of siobhan o hagan

Rosesarepink

Chatty Member
I suspect Instagram might be her way of distracting herself and trying to cope with the family situation. Praying for the family.

Reactions: 23

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
I wish her and her family well in the coming days. I'd say her dad wished her an amazing weekend, nobody knows what her family dynamics are so only her and her family know about those conversations.

coco22

Unpopular opinion I think she’s fab I love following her the content is light and easy to take or leave. I’m glad she had a great wedding as it is very hard to get married missing a parent. I will say that bow is a no though I get what she was going for but you wouldn’t wear it for holy communion

• Heart
  • Sick

AlriReggie

Ive complained about her plenty recently, but the more I’m understanding about her dads situation, I think alot of the dramatics were a way of distracting herself…. She seemed fairly flat the week of the wedding and even more so since! I’m sure like everyone else would, she’s struggling massively to deal with her dad being sick! I’m sure she would have preferred to have the big wedding with him there. She did say before the Christmas wedding that she was doing it for family reasons so presumably she never thought he would make it to the big shindig!

Siobs

VIP Member
I really feel sorry for her with her father obviously very ill. It’s probably that that’s causing her to moan a lot

• Sad
Reactions: 22

TikToc

VIP Member
Restrictions are still in place in hospital. In my case with my mum its 30 mins one person. And only twice a day. They will ease this as it comes nearer to end of life. People deal with things in different ways. No one size fits all.

• Heart
In the video that the hairdresser shared with her standing ready to go it’s absolutely lashing outside and he says they have to wait until the rain eases before they go to the car so that her hair isn’t wrecked. Yet in the photos of her and her husband outside, the ground is completely dry. So when where they taken, from the rain in the clip it couldn’t have dried up that much?
It’s Ireland, we can have 4 seasons in a hour!

The flowers were so beautiful, Maeve looked stunning too.
The bow took me by surprise but that aside I do think she looked stunning, the flowers were out of this World. They would have cost a bomb but make beautiful background for pictures.

User54321

I know it was the day of the wedding that she had no conditioner and it makes it no less ridiculous that she was stressed out about this! Her Dad is seriously ill and that is what she is worrying about!

If it were me I couldnt go ahead with a big massive wedding knowing that a family member was so sick. I just wouldnt enjoy it and wouldnt look back on it with fond memories.
Everyone deals with grief differently though, I would presume they contemplated postponing but they would no doubt lose a lot in deposits as would their friends in flights, accommodation etc. I’m sure she felt guilty the whole day, I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to put on a brave face

• Heart

Tiktoklurker

Anybody from the Newry area knows how strict Daisy Hill is, even before Covid only 1 person was allowed into intensive care per day and at that they were only allowed to stay 1 hour. Some of the comments made here disgust me. As a parent I wouldn’t hear mention of my child cancelling her wedding for me, I would have wanted her to have the best time imaginable and to go ahead with all the plans. I lost my own father to cancer, he had several turns over the course of 2 years, even his last turn I thought he’d pull through like he did the others.
Agree completely.
From her stories it is clear that he was in hospital this past week and she and her husband were called to come home yesterday as he was sent home for his end of life care.
How dare she not sit in her empty house and wait for him to come home!

As you said, it could have been another turn he could have overcame. He could have stayed alive for the next few weeks or months.

Some people are just genuinely wicked people and go far past the realm of calling someone out. The same people who accused her of taking covid home to her daddy in 2020 when it actually came from his work!

• Heart
Omg I unfollowed Maeve ages ago. SO raging I’ve missed out on these cringe insta stories you’re all mentioning from over the wedding weekend haha.

Saying that I actually love her dress & shoes and how classic/timeless they are. Be interesting to see what she does for the big Irish do!
There really wasn’t anything cringe, she posted a video over her husbands shoulder as they slow danced on their wedding night lol nothing to write home about, some ppl just want any excuse to hate lol

Reactions: 21

Cutthebull

VIP Member
I feel insta is a distraction for her, she seems all over the place. I wish her Daddy the best.
#fuckcancer
I think so too. She was so emotional in the week up to the wedding understandably so given that her Dad is so unwell and wouldn’t be able to attend. You wouldn’t wish what they are going through on anyone & many of us will have been there. There is no right or wrong way to deal with it, you have to do what’s best for you to get through it, one foot in front of the other.

• Heart

Picture123

Couldn’t give less of shit about her sisters conviction and anyone else for that matters people do shit and go prison big whoop doesn’t mean you should judge everyone based on that. And as for the sharing the Bobby sands post so what??? Not sure what the problem is she’s Irish and therefore maybe aligned to Sinn Fein or republican struggles shock horror
Hi Maeve

• Haha

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
I think we don't see the conversations going on behind the scenes, she seems to adore her Daddy. We don't know what they've decided as a family. Just because some of you think you'd cancel the whole thing, every family is different, maybe his one wish was for her to go ahead with his blessing? Who knows. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed tomorrow.

Corkieee

I can't wait to see the pics of her! I bet she'll be stunning. A few of my Joe soap friends had civil ceremonies and then a big thing a year later, mostly to do with covid. Maeve is dead right anyway, drag the ass out of it and enjoy it 😁😁😁

Reactions: 20

queenpoppy27

Chatty Member
That band is cringey as fuck!! Also, all her ✨friends✨ Referring to it as the royal wedding when her Uncle is a big Sinn Fein head. Absolute cringe of it all.

• Haha
Reactions: 20