M&S Food #6 The crisps are like crack, but the Sparks app is crap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone bought this? Looks divine but £10 and definitely would just serve me 🤣

B7E605A0-70D5-49DE-BB93-E2779DBAEDC7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if I might still be able to get an easter egg tomorrow? I've got my eye on the blonde chocolate pistachio one but I haven't managed to get to M&S!

The shops seem to be quite light of volume of eggs. M&S today only had pink percy tit, popcorn, cereal and extra chocolatatey biscuit eggs in today.

Reactions: 1
The shops seem to be quite light of volume of eggs. M&S today only had pink percy tit, popcorn, cereal and extra chocolatatey biscuit eggs in today.
same here last week aside from the cereal.. we also had no cookies and the addition of chocolate aeroplanes.. because thats very easter festive ..

Ours only got the Hot Cross bun Baileys early last week and only 4 bottles.. meanwhile they continue to overstock any gin related items . its ruddy weird. Mind you I shouldnt be surprised.. we got a refurb recently and we have an entire wall , a row of shelves and several fridges of wines.. we are not that type of area to need 40 different reds and 40 different whites etc. The only ones anyone buys are the 5 quid ones. FGS just have a few cheap, a few mid priced and a couple of dear ones and bring back all the bloody crisps and sandwiches you ditched to expand the wine section.. Ours has never sold that much wines from observing what people buy in there.. they get these managers in their early twenties and i'm sorry but they have no chuffing idea..

We also have masses of empty floor space and self services card only checkouts in the food and clothing sections that nobody wants to use..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
same here last week aside from the cereal.. we also had no cookies and the addition of chocolate aeroplanes.. because thats very easter festive ..

Ours only got the Hot Cross bun Baileys early last week and only 4 bottles.. meanwhile they continue to overstock any gin related items . its ruddy weird. Mind you I shouldnt be surprised.. we got a refurb recently and we have an entire wall , a row of shelves and several fridges of wines.. we are not that type of area to need 40 different reds and 40 different whites etc. The only ones anyone buys are the 5 quid ones
I was in the Birmingham new street station store last week and they had TWO ends solely dedicated to cocktail cans?! Like maybe one in the height of summer but two seemed ridiculous. I really question their planning sometimes!

Reactions: 3
I was in the Birmingham new street station store last week and they had TWO ends solely dedicated to cocktail cans?! Like maybe one in the height of summer but two seemed ridiculous. I really question their planning sometimes!
I queried the refurb once and they said oh Head Office told us what to do.. it's not us that did away with the checkouts.. This just confirms my suspicion that the Head Office people neither visit or shop at stores they plan.

Empty floor space is not an effective way to use your retail space. If you have more items then you will sell more// Also whoever does the Visual displays in our store can't put outfits together.. a slogan sweatshirt on top of a floral dress???

Reactions: 2
Nah, cocktail cans on the train is a thing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I need to stick this rant somewhere and I feel like I'll be understood here. I've been 3 times this past week because I wanted a treat. I'm not even being particular about it. I just want something. Only to find myself absolutely drowning in freaking hot cross buns of every possible variety. I realize that it's that time of year, but how many freaking hot cross buns packets did they expect to sell? :oops:

I need to stick this rant somewhere and I feel like I'll be understood here. I've been 3 times this past week because I wanted a treat. I'm not even being particular about it. I just want something. Only to find myself absolutely drowning in freaking hot cross buns of every possible variety. I realize that it's that time of year, but how many freaking hot cross buns packets did they expect to sell? :oops:
I love a hot cross bun and if the freezer wasn't full of shite *someone* refuses to throw out, I would totally fill it with M&S ones and enjoy them throughout the year...
But yes, the shops seem to have reached HCB saturation point haven't they!
Oh well, they'll be but a distant memory in another few days!

not just M&S, our Aldi has about 6283638379383 packets of hot cross buns in. in about 9 different flavors, they’re just displaying them round the shop at random. surely they are just going to go to waste?

happy easter everyone btw! i bought my partner thé chocolate biscuit egg because he loves the biscuits and it’s lovely lmao gonna go back in tomo to see if they have any more reduced 😬😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.