Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ja’mieKing

BOOK REVIEW:

I’m not an audiobook person but I had a free trial credit on Audible, so I’m about halfway through. The book itself doesn’t release here in the States until March. I can’t speak for its physical illustrations (it seems like Lydia would have been better off producing a coffee table book with these blog post style contents interspersed with photography and art illustrations). But the script itself is very sophomoric and trite. Nothing original. The concept of the book is decent but it has been done a million times over (and with actual depth of writing).

Winter- rest
Spring- renewal

Groundbreaking.

Her biggest revelation thus far was not wanting to get out of bed or brush her teeth for a week during the pandemic but Carrie and Ali rescued her. Big deal!

She cites that overused quote about the man in the arena versus the critics who know neither success or defeat. News flash: not everyone criticizing you is an idle observer. I don’t have a million subscribers but I do have a connection to a very large audience and a lot of success of my own. To assume that everyone who criticizes you is beneath you is very short-sighted.

She also calls out her detractors for criticizing her “try-hard” or wannabe way of joining a club she doesn’t belong to. Again, we aren’t saying that people of a lower class can’t work their way to the top. I admire and support anyone who betters themselves. What Lydia fails to see about herself is how absolutely everything she does reeks of inauthenticity and phoniness. Every hobby, facial expression, manner of speaking and ensemble is forced in a way that is the direct antithesis of natural and organic. This lack of authenticity and genuine behavior is what people can not stand. Pair that with a smug arrogance and it makes for an extremely out of touch and entitled brat.

She doesn’t celebrate the seasons or decorate for the holidays like she claims in the opening Winter section. In fact, she even hires this out to the lowest bidder (free, minimal). How can someone claim to be simplistic, nature-based and jovial when they are materialistic, consumer-based and miserable?! There is no joy or personality to be found in the audio reading. Perhaps it was just nerves but she should have been better coached.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

Ja’mieKing

Reporting back from the battlefield. I finished the audiobook.

BOOK REVIEW (part 2):

Overall Rating: 2.75/5

The book itself looks pretty, so that might take it to a 3 for me, but alas, it doesn’t release in the States until March.

I would consider adding a physical copy of the book to my home library if it is pretty enough but only at a discounted rate, used on ebay or something for less than $10.

She definitely improved her recitation of the book as the chapters went on. They really should have coached her more and allowed her to warm up. She has a pleasant voice albeit a phony accent.

The content of the book is very repetitive and could have used another editor. As I stated in part 1 of my review, the material is very pretentious and sophomoric. She sounds impressed with herself over tree metaphors and withholding through life’s storms. Room temperature IQ.

I found it odd that she goes into detail about how much she loves the run up to Christmas and the holiday season but didn’t even mention that she was married during this time of year. Or am I misremembering her anniversary?

The most she opens up about is how her Mom’s side of the family was poor but her Dad’s family drove fancy cars and bought her things from Liberty. It sounded like a revisionist tale to me in a desperate attempt to get approval from the elites.

The only struggles she speaks of include a failed product launch for that tanning mishap (to which she probably still made some money), her cat who went missing and her 86-year-old grandfather who passed away during Covid. If that is the extent of a woman in her 30s life struggles, she has no business writing a book about resilience.

As someone who adores the seasons and going over the top with decorating for each, this book infuriated me. Any time I watch Lydia (and many of the UK vloggers for that matter), I would notice how they don’t really decorate. At least not like Americans. I admit that the British way is far more elegant and refined but a wreath and some foraged pine cones does not constitute as a love for decorating. This desire to be seen as an understated elitist is so snobbish. The only decor I’ve seen all year in her home was a bunny figurine in the spring. She even hires someone to decorate her tree for her. Acting as though she is this seasonal lover of decor and observing the change in the seasons was totally unbelievable. We have evidence to the contrary.

This latest iteration of Lydia’s personality is just a desperate attempt to imitate what she believes aristocracy is interested in or how they approach life. Her newfound “grand love of nature” is as natural as she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Peppypoopar

VIP Member
Best place for it Aldi, outside with the fire log storage in the rain ☔ 😂
Screenshot_20231014_144035_com.instagram.android_edit_2775157464178624.jpg

Maybe its a subliminal message to Lydiot that it's only good enough to be set on fire 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
My thoughts ( and opinion) on this whole book/ authorship thing is that she is going to make very little money out of it, if not outright losses. So if she is driven by greed for money, she's got a huge shock coming. My husband wrote a book on birds a few years ago. He is a white UK citizen married to me, a black African woman, and we both live in Africa. I will not say which part/country for privacy. He spent years in Africa learning about birds and doing research on them before deciding on a book. He is not an ornithologist by profession, rather, he is driven by passion for birds and nature in general. When he decided on the book, he had to spend months in game lodges, national parks, reserves, woodlands etc collecting data. Then he had to hire a photographer, then later an illustrator, and much later an editor, publisher/printer and a publicists/marketer. All these were financed out of pocket. The book was a money drain before the first physical copy was ever produced. And once it became available, the initial rush of excitement with the launch and some orders from the birding and environmental circles came and went. Then reality hit. He never broke even and never made a single cent out of it. He is still damn proud of himself for doing it and is even thinking of doing Volume 2 of it (I know, silly man🙂). He even sent a copy to Sir David Attenborough who got back to him with a very lovely message, and in fact left a review and mentions of it on several nature newsletters and publications (God bless the man, I shall genuinely weep when he passes on. He is national treasure).

So back to Lydia, by the time she is done paying the illustrator, the editor, that PR company, the publishers/editors etc, there won't be much money left. And she went with the top guns, the type of companies that does not exactly come cheap. Even if she sells 10,000 copies which I highly doubt she will, that would only be an estimated 200,000 in gross earnings. By the time the above mentioned people take their cuts and earnings, how much will she be left with? A book is something that you purchase once and either keep or pass on, unlike the flopped Globy tanning kit which could /should be repurchased and replaced with use, so had a continuous earning potential. So once the initial orders from followers dry down, who else will keep buying this book?

• Heart
Reactions: 61

WatchReelCopyReel

VIP Member
Geez her hair buns are so bad.

My small recap:

Lydiot went to a few old timey events and drank a lot. Then she went to an inspirational people gala and drank a lot. Then because she was drunk only posted pictures of herself from said event rather than highlighting the honorees. Finally she went to some wedding event despite having been married for nearly a decade (hyperbole) and wore a mismatched fake Dior bar jacket and Amazon skirt. And drank a heck of a lot while her husband hid in the bushes and other guests avoided her like the plague. During a temporary respite from all the drinking, she signed like five books for her sycophantic fans and injured her already weakened wrists.

Madame’s “publisher” held a heretical launch in some church. Liedia indicated that 250 adoring audience members were in attendance but @Queenofsaigon confirmed that was a lie. At most 75-100 people were there. Lydia brought at least 8 paid friends and family members. Obviously the publisher had some seats filled as well. Perhaps the rest were church employees? Very few organic fans.

Heights were confirmed as well. Spoiler alert: Short. Susannah London continues to work with the bully and supplied her with another Christmas elf costume. The Birkin was temporarily supplanted by Evermean The Book but our fearless photoshoppers brought it back.

Reviews on Eversh!T have been…well, honest. Most are 1 star accounts describing how it reads awfully without substance or intrigue. There are several fake reviews from Lydia’s paid friends and family. Zero influencer “friends” have promoted the book as Lydia has no remaining good relationships with her former peers. Amazon apparently has halted reviews on the book likely at Lydia’s request so she can stymie overwhelming negative sentiment. Business owners can often do this on yelp but they often lose the war. You cannot keep the truth hidden.

Finally Madame ended her tiresome week of nontent with a sexy leg out nap shot with her favorite family member Porter who holds a higher position than her husband, her best friend, Berkeley (still a stupid spelling for that dog’s name dammit), and Lumi because well you know they learned how to walk together.

Did I miss anything?
---

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

blue-orchid

Rexysbum on the other hand, is aggressive, angry all the time and very obsessive.

The way she defends the muppet and responds to every single comment on every single vlog is very unhinged.

I'm surprised she didn't volunteer to fly over from Australia and be Lydia's security herself.

We may say stuff on this forum about the muppet but the way Rexysbum lashes out at everyone just seems very SWF with bunny boiler type potential.

She's fucking weird, honestly and Lydiot ought to realize who she should be concerned about.

We had fellow Tattlers at the book q and a and many that have seen Lydiot face to face over the years, and NOT ONE person here has approached her or uttered a single word to her.

{We're just focused on what her real height is. LOL }

We may not be fans of Lydiot's but even we do not post or express ourselves on her social media.

We maintain our boundaries and are not directly interfering or making our opinions known to her directly

We keep it separate and talk amongst ourselves without interfering with Lydia and her social media platforms.

SHE chooses to come here and obsessively read so she has no one to blame but herself.

Lydiot should be thankful her SWF keyboard warrior is on the other side of the world.

It's difficult for me to believe that Rexysbum is an actual grown, adult woman behaving like this and defending someone she has never met before.

It's very odd behavior, honestly....and obsessive...she's done this for months and months.

I mean, does she have a job.....or a life?

She's just such a fucking weirdo and oddly obsessive....there's an underlying rage in her comments to anyone saying a single negative word about Lydiot.

Initially we thought it might be Lydiot or Cawwie, but even they do not seem nutty and angry like Rexysbum

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

muffintop13

Chatty Member
Carrie is a total C U Next Tuesday. She’s clearly never grown out of bitchy schoolgirl behaviour. Alex P is not a particularly nice person according to what we have seen online but Carrie is nasty and condescending to her. It’s gross.

And anyone who calls wine “alcoholic grape juice” after the age of 15 needs to grow the fuck up. Cretin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

PottyPotager

The sheer amount of time and effort Rectumschum puts into ‘moderating’ the comments,….isn’t there some voluntary work she could be doing 🤣

I say let’s find her something: here are my initial suggestions, others welcome…

1. Colonic practitioner: because she has vast work experience of being up peoples arses

2. Balldrick tribute act: because she is great at blindly supporting a hero who frankly couldn’t give a shit about her let alone knows she exists

3. Doormat

4. Town jester…..cos she doesn’t half like making a tit of herself

• Haha
Reactions: 53

Allexie01

VIP Member
The cultured, elegant, refined Elsie Millen! (Who on earth gazes at themselves in a mirro whilst eating???)

IMG_2088.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg
IMG_2086.jpeg
IMG_2085.jpeg
IMG_2083.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
IMG_2081.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

Julia123

VIP Member
Well lookey here at what pops up on Lydia’s own link to her pathetic bewk. The JOSIE dress and seasonal self help poetry book, published before hers, called Evergreen! Lol

IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1348.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

K18

VIP Member
When you say she doesn’t earn the same money anymore, is that because a lot of brands have dropped her? And if so, do we know if that’s because of hairgate / her reputation / being a general pain to work with, or does she just not bring the return on investment for them like she used to?
She doesn’t have a good reputation in the industry, she is known for being demanding and difficult and her work is always half arsed. She is not a good investment. She is never invited to events anymore so she is unable to network. Carrie doesn’t have the contacts and connections to get Lydia big deals so instead they just prey upon small businesses and Etsy sellers.
Before covid she was working with Armani beauty, Dior beauty, GHD, Charlotte Tilbury, Laura Mercier and other big beauty brands. She was constantly travelling and being invited to events. Now she is plodding round her greenhouse in Amazons finest polyester.
If you look at her posts compared to Tamara, Victoria even Josie you can see how little effort she puts in. There are thousands of influencers out there brands are not short of options anymore so they don’t have to put up with diva demands with very little return.

• Heart
Reactions: 47