Lucy Jessica Carter #10 so boring the last thread lasted 2 years!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s gone wrong with the house news I wonder after seeing Jordan’s story..
Looking at planning ( if it’s the house I think they are buying) decisions dates from the council are due about now so could be that or just something eels came up. Really odd though as their house has not be marketed for sale not the house they are potentially buying ( unless they have had everything about it removed) could be a private sale between them or house swap with any price difference paid 🤷🏻‍♀️. If it is the one I’m thinking it’s a side step at best. The house next door has done a big modern extension and looking at the plans it’s what Jordan wants to do , but it’s on a small plot. Only thing going for it is it’s opposite the common. But it’s a lot smaller even with the extension. It’s all very odd.

Reactions: 1
If they want to be in the property investment business then they need to keep it seperate from their kids lives

Reactions: 2
Looking at planning ( if it’s the house I think they are buying) decisions dates from the council are due about now so could be that or just something eels came up. Really odd though as their house has not be marketed for sale not the house they are potentially buying ( unless they have had everything about it removed) could be a private sale between them or house swap with any price difference paid 🤷🏻‍♀️. If it is the one I’m thinking it’s a side step at best. The house next door has done a big modern extension and looking at the plans it’s what Jordan wants to do , but it’s on a small plot. Only thing going for it is it’s opposite the common. But it’s a lot smaller even with the extension. It’s all very odd.
Yes I know the house you mean, it is smaller and the plans put in are much smaller, not even enough bedrooms really. Makes me think it may not be that one and they haven’t yet put in plans for a new one. She did say they were moving for more things to do for the kids and up the road in BG there is bog all! so I’m not sure how that adds up?

You can also put in plans on houses or land you don’t own, it could be a building project with his FEC company.
We found this with builders a few years ago, they had submitted plans that included using our land for a driveway and when we rebuked it the planning office said they don’t look at who owns the land just whether it meets building requirements. The land ownership is a civil matter! So theoretically I could submit a plan to build a 3 bed house in your backyard and have it approved aslong as it ticks all the building boxes.

Reactions: 4
Seriously is her hair receding?
---
Yes I know the house you mean, it is smaller and the plans put in are much smaller, not even enough bedrooms really. Makes me think it may not be that one and they haven’t yet put in plans for a new one. She did say they were moving for more things to do for the kids and up the road in BG there is bog all! so I’m not sure how that adds up?

You can also put in plans on houses or land you don’t own, it could be a building project with his FEC company.
We found this with builders a few years ago, they had submitted plans that included using our land for a driveway and when we rebuked it the planning office said they don’t look at who owns the land just whether it meets building requirements. The land ownership is a civil matter! So theoretically I could submit a plan to build a 3 bed house in your backyard and have it approved aslong as it ticks all the building boxes.
Yes I agree. I would be very surprised if it is this house and there is no way it’s better. Opposite the common but thats it.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
If you were showing off a project like Jordan is, why wouldn't you include a few pictures of other rooms, they only show the living room/kitchen. Until I see other rooms I'm not convinced they've fully renovated.

Reactions: 5
If you were showing off a project like Jordan is, why wouldn't you include a few pictures of other rooms, they only show the living room/kitchen. Until I see other rooms I'm not convinced they've fully renovated.
Was just thinking the same a they literally only ever show the kitchen/dining area??
My husbands a property developer and he always point out loads of faults in the pictures of that kitchen too

Reactions: 3
I want to see an empty house tour like all influencers do when they move out.

Reactions: 6
Some friends of ours spent years buying then renovating properties for their 'kids futures'. The kids missed out on so many memories they could have made because they were always working / living in a building site. Now the kids are adults and have fallen out with the parents, the parents are divorced and don't speak to each other. It's all really messy and one wonders if it was all worth it!

Reactions: 10
I was just going to say that too...

the time they are properly settled in a "forever home", the kids will be grown up and have memories of both parents stressed out their box and always moving and having to live in a small area of the renovation

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I grew up with that life style, have done it now as an adult and am embarking on another project myself soon with a 3 year old and on on the way.
Yes we lived in statics, houses without carpets etc but we also had both mum and dad at home all day (dad would do odd jobs for cash flow but generally), they could always come on our school trips or attend extra curricular stuff, not restricted to annual leave etc so it’s not all bad. If you’re moving them around schools then I don’t think it’s fair but if you’re in the one area it has perks as much as bad sides.

Reactions: 4
Also why does Lucy look like she’s in a Travelodge this morning??
I think they are seriously strapped for cash! She deffo said/suggested on IG stories at the time they bought it that the Broughton Gifford bungalow house was a long term thing, now they're selling it and staying in travelodges 🤔

If she wants to get back to making serious money as an influencer she needs to get back to blogging everything including the chavs on tour trips to lanzarote

That looks quite a small bedroom, unless there is a lot more space on the other side, although given the window positions I doubt there is.

Reactions: 6
The bathroom he showed before that wasn't finished, no wonder it's never used. Surely can't be a rental in that state

Of course the greedy influencers are converting a single property into a 5 room HMO, profiting from those much less fortunate position. I wonder if Lucy will be responsible for equipping the kitchen with her second hand grim slow cooker.

There seems a few comments on the BG cottage planning, including from the local parish council, I wonder what they honestly think of materialistic influencers

Reactions: 3