Love Island 2022 #51 It’s the final countdown!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was so pleased that Gemma’s mum didn’t go in, gushing about Luca. It spoke volumes that the main thing she wanted to say to Gemma about how her dad feels is that he’s proud of her for how she has held herself. Not that he thinks Luca is his ideal son-in-law 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Luca will be single-handedly ringing up every person in England rn to make sure they vote for him

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It wouldn't surprise me if Gemma and Luca are over pretty soon, she knows he can snap easily, if she wants rid she knows what to do, he'll flare up and she'll drop him like a hot brick and be able to say it was for her own safety.

Reactions: 15
Paige’s mam gave me bad vibes, I think for the episode that was in it she could have chosen better words. Paige looked gutted. She didn’t seem very encouraging toward Paige.

Paiges crappy and weird attitude towards girls suddenly makes sense now.
I thought Paige's mum was out of order. Paige's dad behaviour was very off.. I think this really is a case of blame the parents. Gemma's mum showed class. She didn't want to hurt her daughter on national TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Delayed comment but in ref to Gemma at the start of Aftersun are there really people that go for months without farting?? Are they OK? 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When Luca’s dad said about Gemma putting him straight and Luca didn’t really laugh/kind of looked embarrassed I seriously get the vibe his dad was kind of slagging him off if you get me? Probably cut from the same cloth lol he didn’t lick it off the ground I’d say!

anyways, vote Ekinde 🥰
Yep, I thought that too. From the way Luca reacted, he seemed to take it as a dig. The words 'red flag' are crazy overused on LI Tattle, but if a man feels shamed by his dad noticing that his lady-friend has opinions of her own, that's not so much a red flag to me as it is a giant scarlet banner.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought Paige's mum was out of order. Paige's dad behaviour was very off.. I think this really is a case of blame the parents. Gemma's mum showed class. She didn't want to hurt her daughter on national TV.
out of all the islanders, I was most interested in Paige’s parents. Someone along the way taught her to accept crappy behaviour and didn’t teach her how to value herself or what self respect looked like. I thought it was probably the parents and they basically confirmed that view in my eyes.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It was awkward AF. I’ve no idea why her dad was there as he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. Her mam as well wasn’t encouraging. It was a bit fucked up to watch as all other parents seemed to like their kid.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I’m committed to this now. Honestly, I just really don’t want Gemma and Luca to come second… Ekin and Davide have this confirmed as first.

View attachment 1461428
Noooo this is exactly what not to do 😂 If people do this the voting will be more split and less chance of Ekin/Davide winning. I am pretty confident that they will win regardless but don’t vote tactically and vote for your fav!! Part of me actually wants Luca & Gemma to come second because if they make top two they will 100% think they have it in the bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The remaining islanders seemed very relaxed in the beach hut especially Gemma.

Reactions: 4
He’s convinced himself they’re the next Posh and Becks ready to rival Gemma’s parents 🙄
i agree. but i think when Gemma gets out, realises her mum was tweeting about him being a bully, finds out what the public thinks & hears what her mum and dad really think ( her mum wasn't going to say it to her on camera) then she'll get rid of him. she'll then prob have to take out a restraining order against him, he is a complete twit, but i feel he has the potential to ramp up those nasty personality traits we've been seeing. bad news, and she'll not be long being put straight by her family & friends. she'll jettison him asap.

Reactions: 18
It was awkward AF. I’ve no idea why her dad was there as he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else. Her mam as well wasn’t encouraging. It was a bit fucked up to watch as all other parents seemed to like their kid.
For a girl growing up with a disengaged / uninterested father, it certainly does set the tone for putting up with crappy behaviour from men in the future (speaking from unfortunate experience)

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I disagree, I think her Mum was right to tell her what she thought- obviously she wasn't going to get the private time to talk to her daughter, so had to do it some way. I'd like my Mum to do the same. Disappointed that Gemmas Mum wasn't more honest - saying that she voted for them as an initial couple too?? She may not have hurt her on national tv, but she wasn't honest with her either 👎

Reactions: 16
I just don’t get how louise can say Gemma and Luca are a good match. Obv she thinks the world of her daughter, surely you’d think she wouldn’t want gem paired with such a narcissistic twit waffle
i think she wasn't going to say what she really thinks on camera, i also think gemma is tip-toed around at home, daddy's precious little princess, so her mum wasn't going to deal her any hard knocks in front of the viewing public.

Reactions: 4
Omgggg I'm gonna miss this thread and you all so much.

Can I call you for a chat? 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I disagree, I think her Mum was right to tell her what she thought- obviously she wasn't going to get the private time to talk to her daughter, so had to do it some way. I'd like my Mum to do the same. Disappointed that Gemmas Mum wasn't more honest - saying that she voted for them as an initial couple too?? She may not have hurt her on national tv, but she wasn't honest with her either 👎
I’d agree with that if she wasn’t praising Jacques in the same breath. Paiges face when she said she wasn’t buying it - she looked gutted. It felt like more of a dig at Paige than Adam.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.