Love Island 2021 #29 Mummy, Gnomeo’s stormed out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chloe and Faye handled Jake very well. Chloe -‘ you put the label on it but that’s not where it stops, that’s where it starts’.
Watching them, the incompatibility between Lib and Jake was stark. He needs a straight talker and Lib is more invested in her idea of the relationship than the reality.

Towards the end of the conversation, Jake says ‘I love you both’ and it sounded more genuine than anything he has said to Lib.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I think Jake chose Faye to take for a chat hoping she'd kick off, which would then take the heat off him and the attention away from his fakery.

Reactions: 48
Yes, Chloe fronting up scuppered that plan. Was so glad Chloe stepped up saying that she also said things and wanted to talk to Jake. Proper boss!

Reactions: 44
Why was Kaz so quiet on this? Lib is her ‘best mate’ and she literally sat there all night and done sod all. It’s almost as if she believes he’s faking it but doesn’t want to say anything as it will ruin her relationship with jake? Wtf. It’s really blown my mind that Chloe and Faye had Libs back more than her supposed best friend. 🙈

Reactions: 54
Toby was also very impressive. He didn’t snitch on anyone but - very fairly- gave Jake the benefit of what was being said. I think it tied in with Toby’s reaction to Hugo when Hugo gave the speech at the fire pit the time he coupled up with Chloe. He felt that Hugo was disrespectful towards him by not showing his hand before the speech. Toby, on the other hand, still respected Jake without outing Chloe, and in doing so, remained a loyal friend while putting Chloe above Jake as he should.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Just catching up on last night's episode.

Faye saying she had to walk away otherwise she'd lose her temper makes it even more obvious that the producers have had a word with her about her outbursts and told her to avoid any other conflicts.
I do think she and Chloe both did well in that chat with Jake though. Toby did as well.

Jake going to sit outside the villa as if he was going to do anything other than just come straight back inside 😂

I still think most of the people in that villa are playing the game and faking their feelings but tbf it is a game show. To stay in the game they have to either fake a relationship or do a Hugo and refuse to form a romantic couple with anyone. Either way it pisses me off so maybe it's not the islanders' fault, maybe the show just generally pisses me off😂

Reactions: 23
I think Jake pulled Faye because she's usually the one who has something to say about everyone's relationships; it's a fair assumption to jump to. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Why does Faye get blindly defended no matter what?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
hy was Kaz so quiet on this? Lib is her ‘best mate’ and she literally sat there all night and done sod all. It’s almost as if she believes he’s faking it but doesn’t want to say anything as it will ruin her relationship with jake?
I think Kaz is playing it safe and didn’t want to come on as strong as Chloe and Faye for fear it would backfire. Having said that though poor Liberty looked so gutted that I’m glad kaz was softer with her then the other two who I do think were hamming it up based on how they perceive public opinion is swaying.

having said that - I think Kaz/Liberty is such a superficial friendship. It’s very tell not show.

It’s is RIDICULOUS.

Reactions: 10
I think Jake pulled Faye because she's usually the one who has something to say about everyone's relationships; it's a fair assumption to jump to. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Where was all this confrontational energy from islanders when Faye was verbally abusing everyone 🤔

Reactions: 13
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for my previous statements in regards to Priya.
I am aware that I defended her when people called her boring. I said that just because running wasn't your idea of fun, she wasn't boring.

I was wrong. She's insufferable.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Where was all this confrontational energy from islanders when Faye was verbally abusing everyone 🤔
Exactly - Chloe even went to say something to her and backed down. It’s obvious they all feel the can pick apart at Jake and Liberty while they feel Faye is untouchable. It’s just all school bully like.

Reactions: 14
Exactly my question too. It was all scripted in my opinion, this series has been shockingly dull and is going out with a whimper so the producers have put them up to it. None of islanders cared when Faye unjustifiably attacked Teddy, when Liam basically cheated on Millie, Toby went through every girl in sight and Tyler came back from Casa Amour with Clarisse.

Reactions: 10
Can the producers let Jake leave when they’ve facilitated his downfall? He’d be going out to a lot of abuse and given how they protected Faye they’d surely owe him the same “duty of care”.

Reactions: 3
Jake for me didn’t protest his innocence enough.

If someone accusing you of lying. You’d defend yourself.
IMO he didnt. He didn’t even try to reassure Libby that his feelings are genuine. He just got all sweaty! 🧐

I’d also agree that his throw away comments to Chloe and Toby seemed more believable and natural than his declaration of desperation to Libby.

Reactions: 11
I can't keep up with this thread so sorry if already posted but.... 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just made the mistake of having a peek at the Love Island Reddit page. So many people defending Faye.

The fact is all of the long standing couples this year are problematic.

Liam cheated on Millie and she took him back like a doormat.

Kaz got very annoyed with Tyler for doing exactly the same thing she did to Matt

Both Jake and Liberty are playing a game IMO.

Faye and Teddy… Faye clearly isn’t in to Teddy. As soon as the public voted him in the bottom she got the ick but she doesn’t have any other options.

Chloe and Toby did have their issues when they wanted screen time. Toby bounced around more than a football before Casa.

This year there isn’t the standout couple who clearly deserve to win because none of them deserve to win. But if you don’t like Jake because he’s manipulative, you should also apply that to Faye. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Both are manipulative, they display it in different ways. I really do feel like this year has shown how not to do relationships. It’s all been so superficial and dull.

I think they need to bring the old producers back.

I want Chloe and Toby to win because they’ve been the most entertaining this year, not because they’re a really strong couple 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I think Kaz is playing it safe and didn’t want to come on as strong as Chloe and Faye for fear it would backfire. Having said that though poor Liberty looked so gutted that I’m glad kaz was softer with her then the other two who I do think were hamming it up based on how they perceive public opinion is swaying.
I think Chloe and Faye were being OTT and actively leading Liberty. Nobody actually knows what Jake thinks but they were far too certain. Faye as ever was inserting herself into the drama and not understanding where to draw the line.

A side point in all this is that I really question how you could love someone at that point in a relationship. They haven't even had a day together in the real world. You need to actually experience real life and time apart.

Reactions: 11
I think Chloe and Faye were being OTT and actively leading Liberty. Nobody actually knows what Jake thinks but they were far too certain. Faye as ever was inserting herself into the drama and not understanding where to draw the line.

A side point in all this is that I really question how you could love someone at that point in a relationship. They haven't even had a day together in the real world. You need to actually experience real life and time apart.
There's always someone who tells their new boyfriend or girlfriend they love them a few weeks into a relationship, and what they mean is "I really fancy you". I think a lot of people would admit to confusing "love" for "quite fancying" someone the first time they feel it. These are young people who for the most part, haven't really had proper relationships.

But also, they see that person 24 hours a day, they share a bed. Usually, you go on a 2-3 hours date, exchange a few messages. Maybe have another date a week later. Repeat for a month, then maybe you up it to a few times a week, squeezing in an after work date and a weekend sleep over. You probably aren't getting more than 100 hours of contact. You're doing way more than that in there, especially if you meet on day 1. Even if you move in with a partner you don't see them THAT much- you both go to work, have friends to hang out with, hobbies to go do. In the villa, your friends are mostly the same, the only time you're apart is when they do the deliberate girls/boy time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jake wasn't rushing around screaming and calling everyone pricks though. Not that I'm defending him at all, I'm no fan of his. But approaching someone who's verbally abusing everyone who tries to speak to them is harder for most people than approaching someone who's annoyed but willing to engage in a conversation. I still think most of the islanders seemed intimidated by Faye while she was in that state, whereas none of them find Jake intimidating 😂

I'm getting a bit fed up of the votes being for favourites instead of who to dump. It just means that the people who get dumped are the ones the public are most indifferent about rather than the ones we actively want gone.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.