Love Island 2021 #29 Mummy, Gnomeo’s stormed out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why was Kaz so quiet on this? Lib is her ‘best mate’ and she literally sat there all night and done sod all. It’s almost as if she believes he’s faking it but doesn’t want to say anything as it will ruin her relationship with jake? Wtf. It’s really blown my mind that Chloe and Faye had Libs back more than her supposed best friend. 🙈
i've said this before kaz and lib is a very one sided relationship kaz has the drama lib gives support, i know there are friends for everything but to me i wouldnt like this

Reactions: 13
But if you don’t like Jake because he’s manipulative, you should also apply that to Faye. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Both are manipulative, they display it in different ways. I really do feel like this year has shown how not to do relationships. It’s all been so superficial and dull.
This is what’s driving me mad especially about My Pod on Paper this year. The blatant Faye bias but then slating other people on the show for doing more or less the same thing but to less extremes. If Faye does something it’s because ITV are manipulating her “issues” but if Jake gets called out it’s because he’s a gameplaying bully. I think if anything it’s the other way around, ITV have thrown Jake under the bus yet gone out of their way to protect Faye who, if gender had been reversed, would have been kicked off the show.

Reactions: 14
i've said this before kaz and lib is a very one sided relationship kaz has the drama lib gives support, i know there are friends for everything but to me i wouldnt like this
I've never warmed to their friendship and I think part of it is because of how much they annoyed me right at the start when they were both saying they needed a man to come and open the prosecco for them 😭😂

Nah I'm joking, but something about their bond seems a bit false to me even now. They seem to be overly concerned with making sure everyone knows how close they are and it doesn't seem natural. I still think Liberty had her whole storyline mapped out in her kind before she got there and it involved being in a day one couple and finding an instant BFF.

Reactions: 17
I’m on the fence about Kaz. I feel like she sensed Lib’s excitement at her ‘announcement’, then the reaction followed by embarrassment and deflation. Hard to watch for Kaz let alone add to it. I think she probably felt diplomacy and support were needed by her and there were enough strong characters to question Jake so I’m kind of with Kaz on this one. I think as a friend, I would probably act the same.

Reactions: 14
I agree that I think Kaz acted reasonably at the fire pit. However I think the friendship is soooo fake. And I feel Lib has pushed the BFF angle more then Kaz just how she forced the Jake stuff in the first few weeks especially. As said above I think she wanted to tick the bf and BFF boxes.

Reactions: 10
There's always someone who tells their new boyfriend or girlfriend they love them a few weeks into a relationship, and what they mean is "I really fancy you". I think a lot of people would admit to confusing "love" for "quite fancying" someone the first time they feel it. These are young people who for the most part, haven't really had proper relationships.

But also, they see that person 24 hours a day, they share a bed. Usually, you go on a 2-3 hours date, exchange a few messages. Maybe have another date a week later. Repeat for a month, then maybe you up it to a few times a week, squeezing in an after work date and a weekend sleep over. You probably aren't getting more than 100 hours of contact. You're doing way more than that in there, especially if you meet on day 1. Even if you move in with a partner you don't see them THAT much- you both go to work, have friends to hang out with, hobbies to go do. In the villa, your friends are mostly the same, the only time you're apart is when they do the deliberate girls/boy time.
I know people often mention that as a reason why they might get serious quicker, but I actually think that 24/7 connection is a reason to delay big statements. It's basically like a holiday romance. I don't think it's a "proper" relationship until you are back in your real life and it's working. The everyday obstacles of family, work, friends etc are a hurdle to get over.

Really good point here, I hadn't noticed at the time
Bit harsh on Brett IMO. I took it to be an attempt at a funny quip. He wasn't giving deep and meaningful thoughts on toxic masculinity. He was trying to be funny and have a laugh.

Reactions: 28
I feel like lads can’t say anything half the time for fear of the abusive or toxic cars being thrown at them. Whereas Faye attacks Teddy but it’s cause she has “issues” and has been hurt before.

Reactions: 21
I think the difference between the way the islanders reacted to Faye vs. Jake is down to the fact that they felt Liberty needed saving whereas they didn’t see Teddy like that.
As much as it was horrible for Teddy he seemed to handle it and compared to Liberty he’s a strong person. I think the reason they all leapt to go against Jake was because they see Liberty as vulnerable and naive.

Reactions: 16
Bit harsh on Brett IMO. I took it to be an attempt at a funny quip. He wasn't giving deep and meaningful thoughts on toxic masculinity. He was trying to be funny and have a laugh.
I dont think its harsh on Brett. The comment doesn't accuse Brett. It highlights how something g like this can be construed.
I feel like lads can’t say anything half the time for fear of the abusive or toxic cars being thrown at them. Whereas Faye attacks Teddy but it’s cause she has “issues” and has been hurt before.
Oh yeah poor men, I mean its not like they benefit for centuries of patriarchal norms or anything 🙄

Reactions: 6
I dont think Liberty is that vulnerable though. I think she’s intelligent to know that she doesn’t want to fall out with the girls because it will ruin her girls girl image. She along with Jake pushed them as the dani and Jack from the beginning and she formed a (very forced IMO) best friendship with Kaz. I think she comes off as softer then Jake but I don’t think she’s as dense as the girls are making her out to be.

Oh yeah poor men, I mean its not like they benefit for centuries of patriarchal norms or anything
But I’m not talking about centuries of patriarchal norms hun. I’m talking about a game show where the narrative is heavily guided by producers and we see an hour of manipulated screentime out of 24. Where there’s a number of shady characters playing games It gets a bit boring when people just shout gaslighter at every bloke who does something they don’t like.

Reactions: 13
Did you watch aftersun? Jake gets ripped apart and they all laugh about it but when that woman states facts that if it had been Teddy that kicked off it would’ve been a different story they shut her down straight away! All the oh she’s been hurt in the past bull tit came out! 8 out of 10 people have been hurt in the past but dont act like that.

I dont think Liberty is that vulnerable though. I think she’s intelligent to know that she doesn’t want to fall out with the girls because it will ruin her girls girl image. She along with Jake pushed them as the dani and Jack from the beginning and she formed a (very forced IMO) best friendship with Kaz. I think she comes off as softer then Jake but I don’t think she’s as dense as the girls are making her out to be.
Neither do I but the islanders clearly do or they’d have let her crack on with it herself

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.