Love Island 2021 #29 Mummy, Gnomeo’s stormed out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or they just wanted to interfere and get rid of a couple who they had thought were untouchable.
I do think most of the girls friendships are genuine and they were actually concerned that Liberty was being taken for a mug

Reactions: 22
But I’m not talking about centuries of patriarchal norms hun. I’m talking about a game show where the narrative is heavily guided by producers and we see an hour of manipulated screentime out of 24. Where there’s a number of shady characters playing games It gets a bit boring when people just shout gaslighter at every bloke who does something they don’t like.
If you think patriarchal normally aren't evident in Love Island then you need your head examine... hun

Also please show me where someone shouted gaslighter in relation to Brett? The exaggerated sensationalist language doesn't lend any credibility to the point you are attempting to make BTW.

Reactions: 5
Bit harsh on Brett IMO. I took it to be an attempt at a funny quip. He wasn't giving deep and meaningful thoughts on toxic masculinity. He was trying to be funny and have a laugh.
I took it as a funny quip that he wanted to be “treated like a princess” and Priya went flat. No banter back, she is the boring one, Brett is underrated!

Reactions: 18
Did anyone else find it super cringe when Liberty came down from the terrace and was like Faye come here, Kaz come here, girls gather round the fire pit! Just to tell them all that Jake said she loved her? It was a bit OTT and made me feel abit like.. who is all this for really?

to be honest, I really don’t like Jake, I think he comes across as a misogynistic ass who is playing a bit game BUT I actually felt a bit bad for him because tbh.. he was cornered by Liberty..as soon as he said the words Liberty was so happy and dropped everything, so yes he did tell her what she wanted to hear, but I actually think she was a bit manipulative in how she handled it tbh.Then once everyone basically said they thought it was abit fake, okay Jake definitely should have focussed on Liberty instead of getting angry and wanting to know who said what, but equally, Liberty didn’t go running after Jake to see if he was okay like Toby did, surely she should have done that? I think Jake is fake, but I think Liberty is equally as fake, but gets away with it with her sweet persona.

I also think that this backlash towards Jake from the other islanders seems to have come from no where, possibly because they have all noticed it themselves but then the public’s opinion has validated what they have all been thinking, and made them feel confident enough to voice it. It was interesting to me that Faye said to teddy last night that she wondered if Jake made Liberty his girlfriend because he wanted to be the first to do it, and instead of saying no I don’t think that, teddy smiled and said ‘hmm I hadn’t thought of that’

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm a bit late to the party in saying this but while I can't stand Jake, I kind of feel as though he was damed if he did/damned if he didn't respond to Lib with the 'I love you' during their roof terrace chat. It wasn't the right time to say it and I completely agree it seemed like a cop out, but if he hadn't of said it, he still wouldn't have been called genuine for two reasons - 1) Because if he can't even say it then, he obviously doesn't love her as he's had multiple chances to and 2) they would say he's doing it for cameras if he saved it for a big gesture.

Reactions: 9
I took it as a funny quip that he wanted to be “treated like a princess” and Priya went flat. No banter back, she is the boring one, Brett is underrated!
Yeah, I am one of the biggest women’s rights advocates that I know to be honest (in terms of I research a lot about it and am super passionate about it, donate to things etc etc) and I just took it as him having a laugh and giving some banter to be honest, Priya has no banter, as it she said Brett was boring, whilst she herself was being .. pretty boring

Reactions: 17
I wasn’t keen on Brett but I don’t like the way Priya is with him so I’m now rooting for him! Not her!

First look it’s so obvious Priya and Brett are going I wish it was 2 instead to makr it more interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think Priya thinks way too much of herself. Yes she’s clearly very intelligent, but to me she comes across as calculated, conceited and she thinks she’s a cut above everyone else.
I don’t see any real personality, any warmth, much humour, or any of the other qualities that the likes of Milly, Chloe, even Faye possess.
She seems to think that being bright is the be all and end all and I’m afraid it’s just not!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think Brett is just an all round nicer person than Priya. I really don't like Priya, she seems so full of herself.

Just saw first look and Teddy's face when Brett says he had a good time with Priya. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just catching up on last nights drams. Why did Jake only pull Faye and Chloe? He didn’t pull Kaz, Millie and Mary who also had the same opinion?

Reactions: 2
Do we KNOW it’s only one couple going?

Surely two couples should get dumped or the islanders should have to choose who out of the two lowest couples to save (one of each).

Also, if it’s one couple and not done purely from the public vote I’ll do a Faye! What is the point of us voting if they get to vote who’s in the bottom AND who leaves?

Reactions: 5
Millie's wearing the bikini top that Faye had on in the first episode 😭

Liam sounds completely over Faye's tit in that clip. I think he has been for a while but he's finding it more and more difficult to hide how much she pisses him off.

Making the islanders save one person from each of the two bottom couples could be interesting. If Teddy went Faye would have to walk, given how she reacted when Lucinda chose to stay.

I feel bad for Brett that every other person in the villa found out what Priya said before he did. That was disrespectful of her.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.