Louise Pentland #22 Novie who?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest column really shows she lives on another planet, “I used to get anxious doing my hair and make up by myself and taking trains like all the other plebs!” It’s giving Rachel Hollis’ “what made you think I’m relatable?” But I guess Louise has never hidden living a life of leisure.

Reactions: 11
She is addicted to shopping. She buys so much crap I don’t know where she puts it all. And now decorating Darcy’s room again. She only seems to be happy when spending money.

Reactions: 21
Doesn’t she get bored with doing a constant rotation of Disney and Center Parcs? Occasional cruise thrown in if they’re #kindlygifted. Don’t get me wrong, I go to the same places that I love every year sometimes but not multiple multiple times every year with the amount of money she has too!! Probably on the beg for the ‘cool teen’ room accessories too I guess

Reactions: 10
She is addicted to shopping. She buys so much crap I don’t know where she puts it all. And now decorating Darcy’s room again. She only seems to be happy when spending money.
I think she chases dopamine! I have ADHD and have a constant urge to purchase things, change things, go on trips etc etc. Even things like a supermarket shop or going to the pharmacy. It can be almost frantic as it gives me a little buzz. Thankfully I am aware of it and try and source my dopamine elsewhere (have moved into a career which is very fulfilling), plus I'm environmentally conscious, so the worst it gets now is some books from a charity shop!!

However, I have a friend with quite poorly managed ADHD and she has racked up thousands in debt from shopping. She is a solicitor, but on her lunch break will go out and spend ÂŁ500 on clothes on her credit card to make herself feel better. My sister-in-law, about Louise's age, is pursuing and ADHD?/Autism diagnosis, and it's really interesting to see her, who was in a high flying career, stop to raise children (two boys with Autism and ADHD). She now is a stay at home mother, and clearly gets her dopamine from researching and purchasing. She's gone through phases of buying new types of barefoot shoes, different bikes, plastic free clothes and musical instruments for the children, then on to cleaning supplies, tupperware or white goods for the house. Then there's been the remodelling of the house, or painting walls. Don't get me started on the number of different tents and camping supplies she's bought!! She's tried giving up sugar, going UPF free, fully organic and plant based. It seems like the researching, planning, purchasing and implementing of a new plan or system, provides a focus for a time, until it doesn't, and she's on to the next thing! She'll do crafting for a while, then get really into baking, then it will be pilates, then swimming, it's just a never ending cycle. I really feel for her as she has ME too which doesn't help. But anyway back to Louise...

I know Louise has mentioned that she thinks she might have ADHD (or potentially autism). I am not claiming to be an expert on the topic, but I can certainly see the same trend of looking to plan plan plan research research research buy buy buy travel travel travel as a means of getting a buzz, that she maybe isn't getting from elsewhere. You see the same with Sarah Ingham who has a total lack of dopamine from 'normal' life activities (walk with friends, movie night with the kids, fulfilling career etc) that she just has to buy buy buy. With Sarah you can see she almost doesn't go a day without spending - even if it's running to the supermarket to grab some eggs - she will browse and by other things. If you have a happy, stable, fulfilled life that provides an appropriate amount of dopamine, I don't think you feel quite such a strong urge to seek out pick me ups. Not trying to armchair diagnose anyone at all, but just throw in my twopence worth!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@swimming11 Your post is very interesting and insightful.

If it is the case, Louise needs to do some volunteering or something and use her energies on that.

Reactions: 2
I think she chases dopamine! I have ADHD and have a constant urge to purchase things, change things, go on trips etc etc. Even things like a supermarket shop or going to the pharmacy. It can be almost frantic as it gives me a little buzz. Thankfully I am aware of it and try and source my dopamine elsewhere (have moved into a career which is very fulfilling), plus I'm environmentally conscious, so the worst it gets now is some books from a charity shop!!

However, I have a friend with quite poorly managed ADHD and she has racked up thousands in debt from shopping. She is a solicitor, but on her lunch break will go out and spend ÂŁ500 on clothes on her credit card to make herself feel better. My sister-in-law, about Louise's age, is pursuing and ADHD?/Autism diagnosis, and it's really interesting to see her, who was in a high flying career, stop to raise children (two boys with Autism and ADHD). She now is a stay at home mother, and clearly gets her dopamine from researching and purchasing. She's gone through phases of buying new types of barefoot shoes, different bikes, plastic free clothes and musical instruments for the children, then on to cleaning supplies, tupperware or white goods for the house. Then there's been the remodelling of the house, or painting walls. Don't get me started on the number of different tents and camping supplies she's bought!! She's tried giving up sugar, going UPF free, fully organic and plant based. It seems like the researching, planning, purchasing and implementing of a new plan or system, provides a focus for a time, until it doesn't, and she's on to the next thing! She'll do crafting for a while, then get really into baking, then it will be pilates, then swimming, it's just a never ending cycle. I really feel for her as she has ME too which doesn't help. But anyway back to Louise...

I know Louise has mentioned that she thinks she might have ADHD (or potentially autism). I am not claiming to be an expert on the topic, but I can certainly see the same trend of looking to plan plan plan research research research buy buy buy travel travel travel as a means of getting a buzz, that she maybe isn't getting from elsewhere. You see the same with Sarah Ingham who has a total lack of dopamine from 'normal' life activities (walk with friends, movie night with the kids, fulfilling career etc) that she just has to buy buy buy. With Sarah you can see she almost doesn't go a day without spending - even if it's running to the supermarket to grab some eggs - she will browse and by other things. If you have a happy, stable, fulfilled life that provides an appropriate amount of dopamine, I don't think you feel quite such a strong urge to seek out pick me ups. Not trying to armchair diagnose anyone at all, but just throw in my twopence worth!
I think she is trying to fill a hole/ease her anxiety because she has so much unresolved trauma, but I agree that it’s all driven by feelings rather than necessity.

Reactions: 10
Swear she's doing up their rooms every couple of months. It's so unnecessary.

Reactions: 9
It’s not right to post but i understand the need to share the Disney gift . However gifting Darcy the Dior to congratulate her on getting through some exams and sharing the unwrapping and interactions is so wrong .

Reactions: 12
Dior for a few school exams! How to ruin your child! What will she buy her for doing her GCSEs?! A Range Rover probably.

Reactions: 21