Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I showed my husband some of Louise’s stories about Norway as it looks so beautiful, and his instant reaction was ‘so they’ve got off their boat mansion and are walking around staring at these peoples houses and taking photos?!’

Did make me look at it from the residents perspective!!

Reactions: 13
There is zero way those two are getting married, they look ill at ease with each other. I just think she can't face being a single parent (which she never was tbh) and it's easier to stay together than try to blend this family for the third time! If she can't even see that blaming her daughter's privacy on splitting the family unit while on a cruise is very odd then she definitely needs help. That guy has the patience of a saint, he must feel judged though, imagine in his very responsible line of work to be called out by your own finance? This particular#gifted holiday has red flagged so many issues that were not evident before, don't you think?

Reactions: 11
Lol does Darcy love a "matchy matchy occasion" or does Louise love it and project her wants onto Darcy?

Reactions: 8
Why has she dressed the girls up like little old rich white women.. this looks like something a politicians wife would wear! And the pose… what on earth!
34DAE0C8-BCA2-4E58-A2F7-908E99E3905C.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Lol does Darcy love a "matchy matchy occasion" or does Louise love it and project her wants onto Darcy?
I feel so sorry for Darcy. This might be extremely OTT but I just finished reading Jennette McCurdy’s new memoir and I’ve noticed some creepy parallels with their mother/daughter relationship.

Forcing your child into internet exposure, all this dance mum stuff and pushing her into musical theatre. Louise really sees her daughter as an extension of herself and her wants and dreams rather than an autonomous being. And the dressing her up as a doll (in a lot of outfits that imo are creepily babyish for a girl heading to secondary school next month).

I feel like Darcy has been put in the role of having to manage her mothers emotions which is what made her a people pleaser. I’ve always hated Louise’s tendency to constantly grill Darcy when they’re out doing something like ‘aren’t you having soooo much fun, aren’t you having the bestttt time!’

It seems so exhausting. It’s so unhealthy and she’s potentially hindering her daughters ability to form a healthy sense of identity. And don’t get me started on the blatant ‘golden child, black sheep’ dynamic she has with Darcy vs Pearl. And just because Pearl is obviously secure enough to not toe the company line and kowtow to Louise’s vision of how she wants her to be. It’ll be fascinating to see them all in 5-7 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Why has she dressed the girls up like little old rich white women.. this looks like something a politicians wife would wear! And the pose… what on earth!
View attachment 1513845

Is this not the same outfit? Sorry Darcy...
Didn't Elle Woods wear something similar to Pearl's get up in Legally Blonde?

She's properly taking the piss now.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
View attachment 1513845
Darcy looks so awkward and uncomfortable in this photo. she's very well practiced in posing for photos, with a fake smile, hand on hip and pointed toe, as expected by Louise - but this photo looks incredibly forced and uncomfortable, as though she's not comfortable in the outfit and/or being forced to pose on the staircase, likely with other guests walking past and staring. i doubt Pearl is particularly comfortable either, wearing such an awful, stiff outfit, like a mini politian, but i feel so sorry for Darcy in particular, who is at an age where she's likely to feel self conscious, as not only is Louise forcing her to wear twee matching outfits as her sister, in terms of the twirly, frilly toddler-style dresses and hair bows, she's also demanding she pose in weird, old lady style clothes, and then plastering the images all over SM.

despite Louise's claims, Darcy quite clearly wasn't "beaming" and if people genuinely were commenting on her outfit, she likely felt incredibly awkward with so much attention focused on her, as they will have been commenting not because they love the girl's outfits, but because it's odd to see young girls dressed so formally. ffs, let Darcy dress how she wants. the poor girl would likely be far more comfortable in leggings and an oversized tee, or whatever kids her age are wearing these days. of course Darcy says she likes "matchy matchy" outfits - she's a people pleaser and obvs doesn't want to upset her mother, but it's very clear from her face that she isn't happy. 😔

Reactions: 13
I'd like to hear Darcy herself say that she loves a 'matchy matchy moment' because otherwise I'm inclined to believe that's Louise putting words into Darcy's mouth to deflect from the criticism

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel so sorry for Darcy. This might be extremely OTT but I just finished reading Jennette McCurdy’s new memoir and I’ve noticed some creepy parallels with their mother/daughter relationship.

Forcing your child into internet exposure, all this dance mum stuff and pushing her into musical theatre. Louise really sees her daughter as an extension of herself and her wants and dreams rather than an autonomous being. And the dressing her up as a doll (in a lot of outfits that imo are creepily babyish for a girl heading to secondary school next month).

I feel like Darcy has been put in the role of having to manage her mothers emotions which is what made her a people pleaser. I’ve always hated Louise’s tendency to constantly grill Darcy when they’re out doing something like ‘aren’t you having soooo much fun, aren’t you having the bestttt time!’

It seems so exhausting. It’s so unhealthy and she’s potentially hindering her daughters ability to form a healthy sense of identity. And don’t get me started on the blatant ‘golden child, black sheep’ dynamic she has with Darcy vs Pearl. And just because Pearl is obviously secure enough to not toe the company line and kowtow to Louise’s vision of how she wants her to be. It’ll be fascinating to see them all in 5-7 years.
I agree.
I try to give Louise the benefit of the doubt, but I definitely think she has gone too far. Darcy isn’t beaming and her body language is tense. She at least does look happy when she is using dance poses.
Louise pretends that she has dealt with the past but she hasn’t, and it shows in the ways that you are saying. She seem to be relying on the girls to heal her by reassuring her that she has broken the cycle, but it’s not their job to fix her. She can break the cycle but not like this. Louise has everything at her disposal to really do the trauma work in therapy and maybe she isn’t ready yet. I just hope that someone points this out to her. I was thinking about it last night and had to stop myself from messaging her on Instagram. 😑
I hope that Darcy rebels as she gets older and doesn’t stay as the people pleaser.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Kids in her senior school are going to have an absolute field day with these pictures.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I don't think it's unreasonable for a family to be a little color coordinated on vacation e.g. on day two of a Disney World vacation we're all wearing red shirts or something like that. I think my family did that when we went to Disney when I was little. What Louise does goes too far. Her girls are not dolls but she treats them that way. I remember having incredible angst as a preteen about my appearance and my clothes and not dressing trendy enough and seething jealousy over girls with trendier clothes. Being a preteen is basically having anxious soup for a brain. I feel like Darcy is going to crack at like 15 and dye her hair black and get her nose pierced. She's at the age where she's starting to develop her own sense of self and Louise is hampering that development by dressing her and constantly photographing her.

Reactions: 10
I wonder how things would be if she had had boys
she wouldn't have a clue, would she? if they turned out to be "stereotypical" boys she'd have no chance :LOL: i cant see louise standing around for football matches or other sports like that.. probably why she got the girls into dancing as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.