Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does Louise cope when Darcy is at school all day? Where are all the 'can't cope without her' posts then? Or is it just when Darcy's with her dad that these feelings of heartbreak and despair come to the fore?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She looks like a normal year 6 there, not like a frilly dolly for her big overgrown baby of a mother

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Louise would never let darcy wear this, especially the choker lol
it's such a contrast to the way Darcy dresses when she's with Louise! Louise dresses her as a little girl, all pastels and frills and ruffles and bows and patent shoes, and matching with her four year old sister, while with Matt she often wears a choker and her style has a more edgy, rock kinda vibe, with far more dark colours. the clothes she wears when she's with her dad certainly seem more appropriate for her age, but i do wonder whether the clothes she wears when with Matt are actually her own choice, and reflect the real Darcy, or whether it's simply another personality she adopts to please Matt and Devon. it wouldn't surprise me if she struggles with her own identity and knowing who she truly is and what she truly likes, as she's essentially living a double life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

having divorced parents and living between two houses with different rules etc is difficult enough, but Darcy seems to have it made even more difficult by having to adopt two entirely different roles depending on which house she's in. i really hope, for Darcy's sake, that they way she dresses while with Matt are clothes she has chosen which reflect who she is, and what colours and styles she likes, because then at least she is able to live half her life feeling like an actual person with her own individual personality, rather than being treated like a life-size doll for her mother to play dress up with.

Reactions: 31
I've not seen anything with her and her sister since her book came out, I think that must have affected their relationship. Probably another reason she feels so afraid to lose any kind of relationship with her dad.
She's definitely shown them spending time with her sister since the book came out- there was that vlog of the week in London for Darcy's summer dance school, and then definitely some insta stories of them all in Louise's garden (maybe for a birthday?)

I can't begin to think how much of an impact on their relationship the book must have had though. It must have been really tough for Tiyana (although an important story to tell)

Reactions: 5
it's such a contrast to the way Darcy dresses when she's with Louise! Louise dresses her as a little girl, all pastels and frills and ruffles and bows and patent shoes, and matching with her four year old sister, while with Matt she often wears a choker and her style has a more edgy, rock kinda vibe, with far more dark colours. the clothes she wears when she's with her dad certainly seem more appropriate for her age, but i do wonder whether the clothes she wears when with Matt are actually her own choice, and reflect the real Darcy, or whether it's simply another personality she adopts to please Matt and Devon. it wouldn't surprise me if she struggles with her own identity and knowing who she truly is and what she truly likes, as she's essentially living a double life. 🤷🏻‍♂️

having divorced parents and living between two houses with different rules etc is difficult enough, but Darcy seems to have it made even more difficult by having to adopt two entirely different roles depending on which house she's in. i really hope, for Darcy's sake, that they way she dresses while with Matt are clothes she has chosen which reflect who she is, and what colours and styles she likes, because then at least she is able to live half her life feeling like an actual person with her own individual personality, rather than being treated like a life-size doll for her mother to play dress up with.

Either way it's worrying because neither of those have a good outcome. She's either trying to please both parents. OR she's letting her mum dress her like a Victorian dolly for approval. Either way it's harmful to her. So the same as you I really hope the clothes she wears with dad are her own choice.

It is so worrying how she appears as a completely child depending on who's home she's in. Huge red flag.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Either way it's worrying because neither of those have a good outcome. She's either trying to please both parents. OR she's letting her mum dress her like a Victorian dolly for approval. Either way it's harmful to her. So the same as you I really hope the clothes she wears with dad are her own choice.

It is so worrying how she appears as a completely child depending on who's home she's in. Huge red flag.
Give it a few years, she'll start to find her own identity (hopefully) and then we'll soon find out who was the parent forcing their style on her. Although personally I believe it's Louise. I feel like Matt and Devon probably take note of Louise's social media content, see the abomination of Darcy and Pearl's constant matching outfits, and so then whenever she stays with them they're deliberately very liberal about letting her make her own choices. I can see that being the reason Darcy ends up living with him once she's old enough to choose. She'll very soon get to the age where she'll be fed up of putting on the perfect princess image on the Internet for her control freak mother.

Reactions: 11
I did find what seemed like grief at Darcy going to her dad’s as she usually does as well - extreme. She really shouldn’t be reliant on Darcy for emotional support and validation. It’s very messed up.
The whole mum guilt thing is so self indulgent. Leaving the house for two days work and claiming to have ‘mum guilt’ is just bullshit and she needs to read the room. A lot of mothers go out to work because they have to. I also don’t see why it is always viewed as a negative thing. Children learn that money has to be earned instead of getting everything gifted. It’s not neglectful to go to work.
I also don’t think that Matt and Devon are much better. They both also seem to use Darcy for likes, but it’s just less noticeable because he’s not an influencer!

Reactions: 25
I did find what seemed like grief at Darcy going to her dad’s as she usually does as well - extreme. She really shouldn’t be reliant on Darcy for emotional support and validation. It’s very messed up.
The whole mum guilt thing is so self indulgent. Leaving the house for two days work and claiming to have ‘mum guilt’ is just bullshit and she needs to read the room. A lot of mothers go out to work because they have to. I also don’t see why it is always viewed as a negative thing. Children learn that money has to be earned instead of getting everything gifted. It’s not neglectful to go to work.
I also don’t think that Matt and Devon are much better. They both also seem to use Darcy for likes, but it’s just less noticeable because he’s not an influencer!
This. I worked 70 hours a week from when my son was 4 months old and his dad made me feel DREADFUL for it at the time. He’s thankfully gone now so I don’t have that guilt from anyone else in my life - what I don’t need is a privileged person who works out of the house two days a week tell me how awful she feels. Because if she does then how should the rest of us feel? Read the room Louise.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What did she say in her TikTok? I can't access it. Thank you.
The tik tok was a reply to a commenter saying her book was ghost written

She basically just started being really 'sassy' (in her mind probably) and said 'if you have a ghost writer for any of the books YOU have written, thats ok no judgement from me' :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Thank you. Her "no judgement from me", comments are ALWAYS loaded wirh judgement. Her eyes betray her.

Reactions: 5
The tik tok was a reply to a commenter saying her book was ghost written

She basically just started being really 'sassy' (in her mind probably) and said 'if you have a ghost writer for any of the books YOU have written, thats ok no judgement from me' :rolleyes:
But the whole point is YOU haven’t written the book either

Reactions: 2
That latest Instagram live with the skirt try on is very odd! Lady Louise looks manic, talking fast and trying to detract from the fact that she's not happy with herself. Why throw in the 'my dead mum' comment? Weird! I'm older than her by a good margin and she gives off almost 50 vibes instead of late 30s! Her hair colour and style ATM is dreadful, she needs a stylist and a makeover before the book tour. Just shows that money can't buy style!

Reactions: 4
I prefer the dress that she is wearing to start with! Those skirts are kinda frumpy and that’s not because of her shape.
I remember her doing a photo shoot in one of her videos and the stylist dressing her in a trouser suit. She looked great. I think she took it home, but doesn’t appear to have ever worn it. She really needs a stylist to help her overhaul her style.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.