Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the giant Pentland sign is weird! Especially when there are 2 other people who live in that house with different surnames.
Don't know why lady Louise is so proud to use the surname of a man who totally ignored the fact that his seven year old needed an intervention from her abusive stepmother. I'd have happily changed my name by deed poll to distance myself from the rich git! Now he's not so ignorant of her needs when she's offering him free VIP passes to the Chelsea Flower Show or rides around Silverstone! Why do I dislike this man so much and why is she now still trying to gain his attention? Give him (and his surname) the boot![/QUOTE]

Narcissistic abusers are very clever so I can understand why he didn’t know what was going on. A lot of it happened when he was working away and this step mother appeared soon after Louise’s mum died so she was really preying on a vulnerable widower with a young child. It sounds like Louise has worked though it with him. I don’t see what is achieved by holding it against him for the rest of his life? Life is too short.
Pentland is also the name that her mum had when she died so I doubt that she ever considered changing it.

Reactions: 14
Don't know why lady Louise is so proud to use the surname of a man who totally ignored the fact that his seven year old needed an intervention from her abusive stepmother. I'd have happily changed my name by deed poll to distance myself from the rich git! Now he's not so ignorant of her needs when she's offering him free VIP passes to the Chelsea Flower Show or rides around Silverstone! Why do I dislike this man so much and why is she now still trying to gain his attention? Give him (and his surname) the boot!
Narcissistic abusers are very clever so I can understand why he didn’t know what was going on. A lot of it happened when he was working away and this step mother appeared soon after Louise’s mum died so she was really preying on a vulnerable widower with a young child. It sounds like Louise has worked though it with him. I don’t see what is achieved by holding it against him for the rest of his life? Life is too short.
Pentland is also the name that her mum had when she died so I doubt that she ever considered changing it.
[/QUOTE]
I will never believe that at some level he did not pick up on ONE sign of abuse, marks, bruises, swollen eyes from crying? Come on, she's said multiple times she tried to tell him and he chose to believe his ex wife. Life's also too short to ignore the obvious neglect that was afforded to her. The sad thing is she is now parading her own girls to the public and can't put two and two together😑 the cycle continues...

Reactions: 6
I will never believe that at some level he did not pick up on ONE sign of abuse, marks, bruises, swollen eyes from crying? Come on, she's said multiple times she tried to tell him and he chose to believe his ex wife. Life's also too short to ignore the obvious neglect that was afforded to her. The sad thing is she is now parading her own girls to the public and can't put two and two together😑 the cycle continues...
[/QUOTE]
When did she say that? I thought she's always said he had no idea (which in itself could be upsetting) and that as soon as she told him he left her.

Reactions: 2
She said it in her draw my life (which I think is now private as it was Matt era) though not sure if she’s said it properly since

She said it in her draw my life (which I think is now private as it was Matt era) though not sure if she’s said it properly since
I thought that's where I'd seen it too. I just don't buy that within the almost ten years of abuse her father heard her on ONE occasion when she was 16+ years old and left the next day! That is a wild assumption, he wouldn't have gone to mend their relationship if he hadn't known he was somehow in the wrong. That's why their relationship broke down, tbh I think I'd have just called it a day and tried better to protect my own kids...it's not happened, they're SM fodder and it's a sin.

Reactions: 1
I find it weird that she shares these deep posts publicly. What's the point in a personal Facebook if you share your dirty laundry with the world anyway

Reactions: 4
Because she’s an attention seeker, which stems from her dad neglecting her. It’s not her fault she’s like that, but it’s her fault for perpetuating it with her own children.

Reactions: 12
Because she’s an attention seeker, which stems from her dad neglecting her. It’s not her fault she’s like that, but it’s her fault for perpetuating it with her own children.
There we have proof again that Pentland senior was an absentee father. She's blaming her stepmother (who obviously was a cow) on not allowing her to take part in a show when she was small.THEN she states, "my dad travelled for work all the time so I don't think he even knew there was a play". Seriously? You leave your young child in the sole care of someone and don't even know what they're doing? Please Louise, don't live through your kids, don't have SM content that will be online for the rest of their lives, think smart, it's not all about likes, click bait and money! Wake up woman!

There we have proof again that Pentland senior was an absentee father. She's blaming her stepmother (who obviously was a cow) on not allowing her to take part in a show when she was small.THEN she states, "my dad travelled for work all the time so I don't think he even knew there was a play". Seriously? You leave your young child in the sole care of someone and don't even know what they're doing? Please Louise, don't live through your kids, don't have SM content that will be online for the rest of their lives, think smart, it's not all about likes, click bait and money! Wake up woman!
I don't understand why she is so keen to shift all the blame to the step mother and make it out like her dad is innocent. He may have never laid a hand on her but he was neglectful and completely absent. He wouldn't be someone I'd be willing to have around my kids if I was her!

Reactions: 18
I don't understand why she is so keen to shift all the blame to the step mother and make it out like her dad is innocent. He may have never laid a hand on her but he was neglectful and completely absent. He wouldn't be someone I'd be willing to have around my kids if I was her!
i fully agree with you, but i think perhaps it is because Louise lost her mother so young, her dad is the only parent she has, so she clings onto him and is willing to move past the fact that he totally let her down as a child. losing a parent at such a young age, and then experiencing abuse from the person your own father deemed suitable to care for you, is going to impact a child and their ability to trust and they way their personality etc is formed as they grow up. her dad absolutely wasn't an entirely clueless, innocent bystander in the situation with her stepmother - he was negligent and absent - but she seems to have readily forgiven him and wants him involved in her life, quite possibly because he is one of the few remaining members of her childhood family.

i totally understand your persepective, but i don't think we can judge her reaction and her decision to have a close relationship with her father if we haven't been in that situation ourselves. plus it may be that this relationship has developed and become stronger over time - when her step mother's abuse was initially revealed, i'm not sure Louise and her dad had a great relationship, so i assume it's one they've worked on over time. I dunno. I fully agree he wasn't without blame in leaving his young daughter alone for long periods with a woman he had hastily married and didn't really know, and then by overlooking any indications of abuse or attempts by Louise to tell him about it. he may have been in denial about the situation/running away from the situation while trying to deal. with his own grief and that doesn't excuse his negligence - but for whatever reason, Louise has obviously worked to move past that and wants to have a relationship with him and from her perspective, i can understand clinging to other family members out of desperation as a result of losing a parent so young. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
duck me the Darcy favouritism is back already. I know she plays it off as having all her chicks at home etc etc but we don’t hear half as much about how brilliant Pearl is, and how she’s missing her when she’s living her life. I hope Darcy doesn’t feel too much of a weight from her mum’s happiness seemingly, solely depending on her presence. And it is strange because I really do remember her single days when she would RELISH in the Darcy free days and really make the most of what they brought. Shame she can’t do the same now.

I'm sure she has said before that because of her step-mum that her relationship with her dad has had some issues. I'm also sure she said she had been to therapy with her dad in order to work through these and rebuild their relationship. She just doesn't seem to talk about that part much, like she doesn't talk about the impact on her relationship with her (half) sister.

Reactions: 3
She’s yet again posted about feeling Mum guilt for working because Tuesday is usually “mummy day” she has also noted she doesn’t often feel like this but I swear we get one of these every week

What is her motive here? A lot of Mums have to work, a lot of Mums have to work full time. They don’t feel guilty, they don’t have a choice… I just don’t know why she keeps posting these.

She’s yet again posted about feeling Mum guilt for working because Tuesday is usually “mummy day” she has also noted she doesn’t often feel like this but I swear we get one of these every week

What is her motive here? A lot of Mums have to work, a lot of Mums have to work full time. They don’t feel guilty, they don’t have a choice… I just don’t know why she keeps posting these.
It feels very like she doesn’t feel this way but is rather shaming mothers for working. She realistically hardly works so there’s just no way she’s feeling “extreme mum guilt” and that she’s “choosing work over her babies”. It’s bizarre

Reactions: 8
I'm sure she has said before that because of her step-mum that her relationship with her dad has had some issues. I'm also sure she said she had been to therapy with her dad in order to work through these and rebuild their relationship. She just doesn't seem to talk about that part much, like she doesn't talk about the impact on her relationship with her (half) sister.
I've not seen anything with her and her sister since her book came out, I think that must have affected their relationship. Probably another reason she feels so afraid to lose any kind of relationship with her dad.

Darcey’s been off having a lovely time with Matt and Devon at a rock concert that they all seem very excited about…and here comes Louise on her Instagram going on about how much she misses Darcey and how it tears her apart and how she can’t think without her because she just misses seeing her so much.

Hm…Is Louise playing a little guilt trip card here on poor Darcey. Is she hoping she’ll turn around and go ‘sorry dad, I can’t possibly watch greenday with you because mum needs me so much’

my mum used to do something similar, I’d go out and have fun with my friends and suspiciously every time I’d plan something she’d go on and on about how lonely she was and how nobody loved her or do something spiteful like scream and rant and rage that we never helped her but we could all go off and enjoy ourselves and leave her to work and do everything. Really used to put me off going out and seeing my friends.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Hm…Is Louise playing a little guilt trip card here on poor Darcey. Is she hoping she’ll turn around and go ‘sorry dad, I can’t possibly watch greenday with you because mum needs me so much’
Someone mentioned this on a previous page I think, but I think she's just trying to make sure that Darcy doesn't choose to live with her dad full time. She's about to go to secondary and I know for a lot of my friends with divorced parents that was when they started to think more about living with just one of their parents full time, so I wonder if Louise is pre-empting that and is worried Darcy will choose Matt over her and is trying to guilt her into choosing Louise if she makes such a choice.

Reactions: 10
Someone mentioned this on a previous page I think, but I think she's just trying to make sure that Darcy doesn't choose to live with her dad full time. She's about to go to secondary and I know for a lot of my friends with divorced parents that was when they started to think more about living with just one of their parents full time, so I wonder if Louise is pre-empting that and is worried Darcy will choose Matt over her and is trying to guilt her into choosing Louise if she makes such a choice.
she doesn't seem to realise that guilt-tripping Darcy like she does will ultimately destroy their relationship - not strengthen it. it's not fair to place responsibility for your happiness and emotional state on your eleven year old child. i get that Louise misses Darcy when she's with her dad, but the endless posts about how she misses her and feels incomplete without her will eventually place a strain on their relationship as it undoubtedly causes Darcy to feel guilty about spending her time with her dad, and enjoying herself on holiday/at concerts etc. it's a huge burden to pile onto a young girl, and if Darcy does decide she wants to live full-time with one parent - and these "i miss you" posts have definitely increased recently, so this may be a fear that is fuelling Louise’s behaviour - this will likely impact her decision and could potentially backfire - and if Louise doesn't realise that soon, she will potentially live to regret the impact it has on her relationship with Darcy. Louise is entirely responsible for her own emotions - not her daughter - and she needs to stop being so manipulative. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
yup, very suspect that all these ‘woe is me I miss Darcey’ posts come out when Darcey is doing big fun things with Matt…the holiday to Spain and the concert. Like she can’t handle the thought that Darcey might be having a better time on her holiday with her dad than she’s had at Disney before.

I also hate to say it but Devon’s photo shoot with Darcey in her ballet outfit was far more age appropriate (Darcey didn’t look like a three year old In fancy dress) and were shot in a nicer venue/looked like Darcey was just dancing for fun vs being posed for the gram

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Louise tries too hard making sure her kids didn’t have the same traumas she faced as a child that it’s caused her to go the other way and be far too overbearing. It must be hard for Darcey cause with her mum she pretty much lives a dream life being spoilt but her dad offers her actual experiences like going to your first gig and holidays that aren’t gifted. Louise is very much going to be the mum that picks you up too early at a party, or won’t let you drink till your 18. She can’t wrap Darcy up in bubblewrap all her life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.