Louise Pentland #13 Soft office slob, cake in her gob, we MUST respect her job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even so, inclusivity needs to be accounted for. Disabled people shouldn’t be stopped at the first hurdle just because they can’t drive, as other posters have said - there are options with transport, taxis etc, and there are other ways to get 100 cans of coke delivered! (Also, what a waste!)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Even so, inclusivity needs to be accounted for. Disabled people shouldn’t be stopped at the first hurdle just because they can’t drive, as other posters have said - there are options with transport, taxis etc, and there are other ways to get 100 cans of coke delivered! (Also, what a waste!)
yeah I see your point! I didn’t think of buses/taxis, dohhh lol 😅
technically I think there’s a govt scheme that means, if you’re disabled and require taxis etc to carry out your job (both commuting to and fro as well as getting a million coca colas) your employer has to reimburse you those costs so you’re right, there is no need to close it off. I do feel like sometimes if you don’t drive and rely on buses and taxis people see it as an inconvenience. (Not that I think that!)

Reactions: 7
I just read through all the comments on that post and I don’t necessarily think Louise is wrong for requiring someone to drive given her explanation of the job... the argument that has broken out is that she’s not being inclusive toward those unable to drive or those With disabilities, then another argument has broken out saying ‘read the job description she has said why She needs someone to drive’

...BUT she’s advertised it wrong IMO because when I first glanced at the post (linked) I thought it was a WFH job, ‘social media assistant’ to me means managing, errrmmmm, her social media... creating posts/captions or graphics, something easily done from home... NOT sourcing props or driving Louise around, to me that just sounds like she wants a glorified PA. And she should have been explicit and upfront about that IN THE POST not hiding it away. That’s why the argument/misunderstanding came about

View attachment 583761
The irony for the first line of this being “If you are driven” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’ve just seen this under her social media assistant vacancy post. I too wondered why you would need someone to drive. Louise’s response is so catty and unjustified? It’s just a simple question?? I’m gobsmacked but at the same time not surprised 🙄🙄
I’ve worked in social media / marketing for about 7 years since I was 17 and an apprentice. When I started out I did have to go fetch things for campaigns so she’s not wrong. However I’ve never known how to drive and somehow I’ve always managed to get to job done....

Reactions: 13
I don’t get why she’s advertising on her page rather than through more anonymous channels. All she’ll get is a load of shite cvs from fangirls 😂😅

Reactions: 18
I don’t get why she’s advertising on her page rather than through more anonymous channels. All she’ll get is a load of shite cvs from fangirls 😂😅
Would not be surprised if this was the case if I did not see the location part (currently looking for employment due to the pandemic), I would apply myself to see what she was like during the interview process. :ROFLMAO::oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In her “draw my life” she said on her wedding day she had a teeny tiny Darcy in her tummy which only her and Matt knew about, so looks like she was conceived a few weeks before the wedding
Ah right, no idea where I got the honeymoon baby from then.

I find it ironic a woman who has a cleaner gets paid to advertise a hoover.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you take a look at the Facebook comments then you can see that is EXACTLY who it is attracting... half of them don't even look old enough to be working! I'd hate to be the poor person having to sift through all those CVs.

Reactions: 8
With regards to the ‘must have a driving licence’, it makes it so hard for people to get jobs if they have chosen not to or cannot learn to drive or they have anxiety about driving for any number of reasons, especially when the job itself you’re applying for doesn’t actually ‘require’ you to drive. It’s not like it’s a delivery driver job 🤦🏻‍♀️ If you need things for shoots etc, taxis are available, someone else could pop out for those bits, excluding non drivers for a job that doesn’t actually require it is just making it so much harder.

I’m 29 (just turned) I learnt to drive in February last year, passed in October, (during the worst year ever!) and I’ve seen how much more opportunities have opened up to me now but I find it kind of sad that that’s what it takes really!

Reactions: 12
This might be cultural but "must be able to drive" didn't strike me as exclusionary. The US is set up for cars so unless you grew up in a few cities you know how to drive by 16-17. Where she lives in Northampton is fairly suburban yes? So someone who lives there/ moves there for any job would probably need a car and to drive places anyway.

Reactions: 11
She's forever going on about having a pep in her step and a positive attitude.. all I ever see her do is moan and be sarcastic??

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Cant they write stuff off as business expenses - surely if someone drives and uses their own car she'd be paying a car allowance/mileage anyway so whats the difference to paying taxis for someone who cant drive? Also why is there no salary on that job listing??

Reactions: 9
This might be cultural but "must be able to drive" didn't strike me as exclusionary. The US is set up for cars so unless you grew up in a few cities you know how to drive by 16-17. Where she lives in Northampton is fairly suburban yes? So someone who lives there/ moves there for any job would probably need a car and to drive places anyway.
The UK is very accessible without a car for the most part. We have amazing public transport compared to America and taxis aren’t ridiculously expensive if it was a worst case situation that needed a car. Plus the office she’s in will he most likely in the town or city centre so most things are walking distance anyway!
Usually only jobs that need cars are travelling jobs, delivery jobs or jobs where home / office visits are required

Reactions: 22
Public transport is crap in a lot of areas though. Buses that are late, buses that don’t turn up with no warning, buses so full they drive right past. No way could you do a dogsbody job like the one she’s advertising with buses and taxes with the same ease you could as a driver. And taxis from place to place to place will cost way more than mileage.

This is one of those things where if it wasn’t Louise, everyone wouldn’t bat an eyelid. To clarify, I’m not defending her. I’m defending against this weird idea that it’s unusual to want a driver for a dogsbody job.

Reactions: 20
Yeah, where I live we have one bus an hour (most hours) between about 8am and 6pm, going to one place. Public transport is great in cities but it totally disintegrates once you get past the suburbs.

Reactions: 5
Maybe if she wasn’t so damn useless she wouldn’t have left it until the last minute to get 100 cans of coke and it could’ve been pre-ordered.

Reactions: 16
As someone who grew up round Louise’s ends I can confirm the public transport is less than stellar.

Reactions: 2
The UK is very accessible without a car for the most part. We have amazing public transport compared to America and taxis aren’t ridiculously expensive if it was a worst case situation that needed a car. Plus the office she’s in will he most likely in the town or city centre so most things are walking distance anyway!
Usually only jobs that need cars are travelling jobs, delivery jobs or jobs where home / office visits are required
Well the last time she had someone helping her they had soft office meetings in her bedroom so

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Well the last time she had someone helping her they had soft office meetings in her bedroom so
How unprofessional, imagine your boss asking you to come sit in their bedroom to do your work so they can lounge in bed all day. I’d quit in my first week.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.