Louise Pentland #12 Forced engagement in every sense, can one really be that dense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to be rude but I really don't think meeting the Pope is an achievement. Like fine if it's important to you but it's not like you did a walking pilgrimage or fast or even lent or anything 'faith based' that actually requires a bit of determination. It's like saying going to the VIP room of your favourite band was something that entirely changed you personality...

Reactions: 34
Not to be rude but I really don't think meeting the Pope is an achievement. Like fine if it's important to you but it's not like you did a walking pilgrimage or fast or even lent or anything 'faith based' that actually requires a bit of determination. It's like saying going to the VIP room of your favourite band was something that entirely changed you personality...
Yeah she’s not even catholic so it seems a bit weird to keep referring to it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m just a casual viewer of Louise- stayed subscribed out of nostalgia, but rarely watch her videos. I’ve peeked in here from time to time, but didn’t watch her enough to really pick up on the things y’all talk about here or have much of an opinion. But then I saw her IG stories yesterday...dang. She really likes to put down Liam, doesn’t she?

Two of the videos I’ve watched recently are their proposal story and the baby names I’m not using (hello, trend from several years ago).

I thought Liam came across very well in the proposal story, I’m so curious about their dynamic IRL

In the baby names video, I thought it was interesting that Liam’s opinions weren’t acknowledged at all (aside from her talking about family names). Many people I saw making this video had at least one or two names where they said they loved it, but their husband/partner didn’t like it, which is why they aren’t using it

There’s no right or wrong way to do this, every couple is different- but I thought it was interesting she kept saying [first name] Pentland and how the names sounded with her last name. If I remember correctly, Pearl is a Pentland so I get it if she was referencing when they were thinking about names for Pearl and wanting her name to sound nice with Pentland, knowing it would be her last name. However, I’m curious what last name they would choose if Louise got pregnant after getting married to Liam.

Reactions: 6
I’m just a casual viewer of Louise- stayed subscribed out of nostalgia, but rarely watch her videos. I’ve peeked in here from time to time, but didn’t watch her enough to really pick up on the things y’all talk about here or have much of an opinion. But then I saw her IG stories yesterday...dang. She really likes to put down Liam, doesn’t she?

Two of the videos I’ve watched recently are their proposal story and the baby names I’m not using (hello, trend from several years ago).

I thought Liam came across very well in the proposal story, I’m so curious about their dynamic IRL

In the baby names video, I thought it was interesting that Liam’s opinions weren’t acknowledged at all (aside from her talking about family names). Many people I saw making this video had at least one or two names where they said they loved it, but their husband/partner didn’t like it, which is why they aren’t using it

There’s no right or wrong way to do this, every couple is different- but I thought it was interesting she kept saying [first name] Pentland and how the names sounded with her last name. If I remember correctly, Pearl is a Pentland so I get it if she was referencing when they were thinking about names for Pearl and wanting her name to sound nice with Pentland, knowing it would be her last name. However, I’m curious what last name they would choose if Louise got pregnant after getting married to Liam.
Yeah she always talks about Liam like he's just her pal 😂

Pearl Pentland is such a horrible name. Hate the name Pearl but it sounds nicer with Liams Irish surname.

Reactions: 13
I can't believe how snobby she is about earning more money than Liam. I wonder what she thinks of working class people such as care assistants that work extremely hard for a living for just above minimum wage. It's awful how she puts herself on a pedestal. Liam has a senior role within the Police Force and earns a high wage in his own right but nope, she looks down on that.... 🤔

Reactions: 19
Pearl looks so cute in her ballet stuff on Louise's grid post but WHY is this yet another opportunity for her to mention that her mum died and her dad was a tit? Just enjoy the moment with your daughter. You're not righting a wrong by taking your child to ballet you absolute bellend. I didn't go to classes because we had so little. My kids do, I'm not healing an injustice, different parents have different priorities and I don't understand the need to taint every moment she had with her kids.

Reactions: 34
Pearl looks so cute in her ballet stuff on Louise's grid post but WHY is this yet another opportunity for her to mention that her mum died and her dad was a tit? Just enjoy the moment with your daughter. You're not righting a wrong by taking your child to ballet you absolute bellend. I didn't go to classes because we had so little. My kids do, I'm not healing an injustice, different parents have different priorities and I don't understand the need to taint every moment she had with her kids.
She needs to go to a sensorimotor therapist.

It never sits right with me how she talks about her dad. I know that she had a tough time as a kid but if she’s now making an effort to have a relationship with him surely constantly bringing up how bad he was is going to damage that.

Reactions: 12
I think she’s desperate for closure with her dad and unfortunately she’s never going to get it and so it keeps popping up for her emotionally. Her post on her stories the other day was really telling. She said something like “and I’m sure he’s sorry for it all” and not that he has actually apologised for it. I don’t think he has and judging by the kind of father he has been to her, I think he goes for the sweep it under the carpet approach rather than actually apologising to Louise for the abuse she suffered. She’s almost trapped in a cycle of trying to move in from it when being with him actually brings it to her mind again.

I kind of feel bad for her because he really does seem like a knob of a father.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It surprises me how little she wants to do with her kids when it sounds like her Dad was pretty absent in those abusive years (I always got the impression he worked away a lot, so this is why the abuse went on for years without him noticing, rather than him turning a blind eye to it, thinking it wasn't as serious as it was). She's always so desperate to escape to events in London, the ridiculous office or even her (also ridiculous) "soft office", rather than spend time enjoying these early years with her children (which in her job, she has the luxury of doing).

Reactions: 8
It surprises me how little she wants to do with her kids when it sounds like her Dad was pretty absent in those abusive years (I always got the impression he worked away a lot, so this is why the abuse went on for years without him noticing, rather than him turning a blind eye to it, thinking it wasn't as serious as it was). She's always so desperate to escape to events in London, the ridiculous office or even her (also ridiculous) "soft office", rather than spend time enjoying these early years with her children (which in her job, she has the luxury of doing).
Yeah her story about the fish game was really revealing. But it seemed like she was annoyed because she wasn’t any good at the game.

Reactions: 3
It's patterns repeating. If you've never had a parent to learn from it's easy to make the same mistakes they did. She has no excuse though with the access to money and therapy she has.

Reactions: 3
She's so desperate for people to watch her video and engagement. She's made so many stories about baby names and her new video.
Yesterday was all about what baby name would you choose out of two options she liked and today its all about if you can guess what names mean. All with a swipe up link to her new video

Reactions: 4
Just watched the baby name vid out of curiosity...I think she's bagsying baby names (she'll likely never use) so Zoe & Alfie can't use them. She's that mean. She legit started the video saying we can "use them" if we want, as if she owns them and invented them. She's such a tw*t!

Reactions: 26
Just watched the baby name vid out of curiosity...I think she's bagsying baby names (she'll likely never use) so Zoe & Alfie can't use them. She's that mean. She legit started the video saying we can "use them" if we want, as if she owns them and invented them. She's such a tw*t!
They’re awful anyway!

Reactions: 5
Who the duck in their right mind wants to know what baby names lazy arse MIGHT have chosen?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Exactly ☝ which makes me think there's a reason for such a random video. She's that kind of person to claim ownership of something that isn't hers and say she thought it up first. After all she is the first person to suffer abuse, lose her Mum, have a traumatising birth, get divorced, go through "single" motherhood and now have a blended family don't you know!! :ROFLMAO:

Also like others have said, the Dads get no say by the sounds of things. She only brought them up when talking about how she would get her own way with the middle name because her Mum is dead and they can't argue that. She also seems no further aware of how birth control works, saying she doesn't want more, but didn't expect Pearl, so that could happen again 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I think she’s desperate for closure with her dad and unfortunately she’s never going to get it and so it keeps popping up for her emotionally. Her post on her stories the other day was really telling. She said something like “and I’m sure he’s sorry for it all” and not that he has actually apologised for it. I don’t think he has and judging by the kind of father he has been to her, I think he goes for the sweep it under the carpet approach rather than actually apologising to Louise for the abuse she suffered. She’s almost trapped in a cycle of trying to move in from it when being with him actually brings it to her mind again.

I kind of feel bad for her because he really does seem like a knob of a father.
I feel for her in the sense that I grew up being abused (sexually by a family member) for years and it honestly does mess you up. I got some form of justice, if you can call it that, as he went to jail when it all came out but even now at 37 I still struggle almost daily. I have poor mental health, severe anxiety that affects everyday life, ptsd and eating disorder. I cannot work at the moment due to a disability but also my mental health too and honestly I feel like a failure most days.

However, and I understand how cold I may sound here, Louise needs to get over bashing her dad and bringing it up constantly. I don't talk about what happened to me despite how it has affected my overall life because it is in the past, nor do I blame my parents for it because they genuinely thought they could trust my 'grandfather' (hate calling him that) to look after me at the weekends and during school holidays when they had to work.

I feel with Louise she will use any excuse to bring it up. A simple post about her youngest starting dancing should be happy, why was there a need to her abusive past to be mentioned?! It does my head in.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.