Louise Pentland #12 Forced engagement in every sense, can one really be that dense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I had her money I’d have a cleaner some days too. Free up more time for seeing my kids and help with the bulk of the work.

But you can’t have a cleaner and then advertise cleaning products, it’s ridiculous. Don’t get the ad for the vaccume either. What does dressing up have to do with it??

Reactions: 5
If I had her money I’d have a cleaner some days too. Free up more time for seeing my kids and help with the bulk of the work.

But you can’t have a cleaner and then advertise cleaning products, it’s ridiculous. Don’t get the ad for the vaccume either. What does dressing up have to do with it??
Yeah in fairness there’s nothing wrong with having a cleaner, we had one when I was growing up as my parents worked full time, wanted to spend time with their kids in their spare time instead of cleaning and were fortunate to be able to afford it. My gripe with Louise is she almost puts on this “perfect housewife” persona posing in an excessively dressy outfit, full blown makeup and posing with a vacuum cleaner like it’s all she does! She probably doesn’t know how to turn the bleeping thing on. It’s so obvious that she doesn’t use any of these products and is just shilling them to her followers and it’s so disingenuous. I don’t trust a single one of her paid adverts as actually being for a good product that she regularly uses and/or likes purely for this reason and it’s a shame.

Reactions: 12
Her ads are so bloody weird and forced and scripted! It actually boggles me that these companies get any extra sales from her or that they expect to. That anti bac spray one is like a bizarre shopping channel advert. The way she’s talking and the way the camera pans across the sprays on the table. Just weird. I thought the whole point of using influencers for adverts is that they make it part of their normal lives and stories just with a #AD thrown in. Not for them to try and make some weird shopping channel stilted advert!

Reactions: 17
*Fake but slightly funny scene in the pretentious Pentland palace*
Darcy: mummy can I have a hot chocolate please?
Louise: Why don't you let me fix you some of this Mococoa drink? All natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh my god the new ad - you can recontaminate a surface by touching it? No tit. God change that protective shield to “chemical residue” ugh what a load of bs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ooooo Louise I would love the recipe for those cinabons, they look delish...must of been up all morning baking them... 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As would I. I am disabled and a single mum. Doing the housework can leave me in pain and exhausted for days. I have looked at getting a cleaner in every couple of weeks to help me keep on top of it but was told by family just to 'get on with it and not be lazy'. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Another ad, another kid roped in. She is using Pearl more now.

Oh and thank you Louise for your recent story. When you said 'alexa set a timer for 20 minutes' my own freaking Alexa said 'timer set for 20 minutes'. 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
As would I. I am disabled and a single mum. Doing the housework can leave me in pain and exhausted for days. I have looked at getting a cleaner in every couple of weeks to help me keep on top of it but was told by family just to 'get on with it and not be lazy'. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Another ad, another kid roped in. She is using Pearl more now.

Oh and thank you Louise for your recent story. When you said 'alexa set a timer for 20 minutes' my own freaking Alexa said 'timer set for 20 minutes'. 🤣
No offence to your family but it’s you that has to live with your condition, not them. If you can afford to have a cleaner then you absolutely should. I have fibromyalgia so I know what it’s like to have the lazy tag chucked at me & it drives me crackers. The pain is ridiculous sometimes, so I empathise with you and wish you well. Now, Louise IS lazy!

Reactions: 18
No offence to your family but it’s you that has to live with your condition, not them. If you can afford to have a cleaner then you absolutely should. I have fibromyalgia so I know what it’s like to have the lazy tag chucked at me & it drives me crackers. The pain is ridiculous sometimes, so I empathise with you and wish you well. Now, Louise IS lazy!
My family honestly doesn’t know what it is like. I have fibromyalgia too among other things. Just walking around the house is exhausting. I wish I was just ‘lazy’ then I wouldn’t be in this pain, 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My family honestly doesn’t know what it is like. I have fibromyalgia too among other things. Just walking around the house is exhausting. I wish I was just ‘lazy’ then I wouldn’t be in this pain, 😆
Same! Lazy is preferable to constant pain.

Reactions: 2
I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE SAID ‘FIRST THINGS FIRST I’M A REALIST’ TO GRAZIA MAGAZINE

DEAD

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
something about 'no whinging' just doesn't sit right with me, for someone who supposedly works with the NSPCC and does work on the importance of early years, and speaks on her own abuse a lot, surely she'd know that toddlers of Pearl's age probably 'whinge' because they're learning to regulate and express their emotions and need to be guided with this in a supportive way. By putting it on a daily to do list for her implies that they regularly tell her off for it, or tell her to just stop whinging.

Not that I'm saying that they're abusive towards her since I really don't think they are, or that anyone to ever tells their toddlers to please stop whinging is wrong, because it can be frustrating, but to put it on a list of things for her to do each day just seems a bit odd? Also she's 3, she doesn't have the cognitive capacity to focus on a goal that she has to keep up for the whole day, she needs small manageable tasks to build up her self esteem and sense of responsibility, like making her bed or putting away her toys.

Reactions: 42
Yeah exactly, I don't think the other rules are bad but 'no whinging' in general seems like something you need to be actively teaching your kids, not expecting them to manage themselves because otherwise they get told off or don't get a gold star or whatever.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.