Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I've decided I can't sit through an entire Lizzy vlog anymore. I don't know what kind of people all of her viewers are who comment how much they love them; apparently, they don't have more important things to do in their lives than watch a rich, entitled girl get richer.

Lizzy said she no longer wants to show relationships on her Youtube. It seems more like she no longer wishes to show anything, really. Her interest in vlogging left the station ages ago. Except, of course, when it comes to showing off this month's Arket freebies. Or some wildly expensive gifted jumper or somesuch. Didn't she have a brief obsession with green last year, and bought a few hideous traffic-sign-green t-shirts and sweaters back then? Does she even get pleasure anymore from acquiring new shit every month in order to satisfy her contracts?

Indulge me in a story.
I imagine hell for influencers is being sat at a lavish banquet (sponsored by Dior), surrounded by lush flower arrangements, orange wine, and the most flattering candlelight that gently glints off their #mejuri jewelry. Just as everyone finishes tagging themselves and their friends on their IG posts, the waiter comes by with a covered dish, out of which wafts the most heavenly aroma. He sets the dish in front of a guest, whose eyes widen with greed and anticipation, and removes the cover to reveal a steaming navy jumper. The poor girls are commanded to eat the jumpers, and quickly, because there's another hot jumper coming up after that and the chef would hate for it to get cold. The influencer turns her head to see a line of silver carts all holding covered dishes, stretching on for eternity. The dining hall fills with the clatter of forks and knives and belabored chewing. After finishing one navy jumper, the next course commences. At one point, when the girls' stomachs are full to bursting with soggy wool, tiny fibers scratching their throats and stuck in their teeth, they plead for mercy. "Please!" they cry, "There's no way in the world someone can eat all these jumpers! And they're all the same! Couldn't we just eat a sensible number, like one or two, perhaps three for special occasions?" In response, the waiters cart out an enormous charcuterie platter piled high with jeans, and the influencers must consume that as well. On and on for eternity, the end. (Can you guess I've been watching way too much Squid Game?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

sfts

She’s just had her bathroom done up but chooses to shoot on Homerton high street, like is she OK? Is everything alright up there Liz? From the “candid” look on her face, she honestly looks like a middle class Mum of 3 who isn’t used to TFL, accidentally went a bit too far East and is now in a state of panic

• Haha

peppin

VIP Member
lizzy and lindsey should have gotten a stuffed animal and then sell it on depop after 6 months 🌝

• Haha

wagner1985

I think the overall problem with her vlogs is that every single one is the same. You can literally predict what will happen. She will go to get coffee approx 27 times. If I hear her say coffee one more time I might scream. What is the obsession with coffee? Like, the entire world drinks coffee, why is it so special that it MUST be mentioned ALL THE TIME. I feel like emphasising the coffee so much makes them feel like oooo I'm so tired because I'm SO busy because I'm a very busy and important influencer, don't you know.

Then there will be 3 or 4 new jumpers which look exactly the same as the last 3 or 4 jumpers she was kindly gifted, and all of them will be SO SO good. And also comfy and cosy guys, I mean can you believe it?. A JUMPER IS COMFY AND COSY? Never even heard it.

Then she will wonder around a few streets, but we will just see her face and her coffee and it'll be set to some 'cool' melancholy guy singing.

That's it. That's the vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Christ, Lindsey, give it a rest yourself. Your career is a joke; you will not win this argument. Influencers trying to be keyboard warriors is never a good look.

• Heart

sfts

She’s talking about privacy when her and Linda literally told the whole world about giving BJs with a throat infection or something

• Haha
  • Sick

Artaud

Lizzy’s natural body always looks better than the over stretched version she posts on IG. I will never understand the fascination with making your legs look like you’ve just stepped out of a concentration camp.
Her top lip does not look good on those IG stories though, seriously lay off the filler Lizzy!

Also a reminder Warehouse is owned by Boohoo - had clothes produced in a sweatshop in Leicester, UK where the workers were paid less than half of the minimum wage so Boohoo could compete with more ethical brands. Lizzy really does see her followers as cash cows these days.

Going back to the followers chat I’m certain Lizzy has been buying followers. I’ve also never understood why Lizzy so often claims to be an OG blogger, she missed the whole Blogspot era and the by the time Lizzy was on the scene the OG bloggers were already releasing their books.
Lizzy isn’t one of these influencers who has slowly chipped away at gaining a following since the OG days. Lizzy had 10k followers in November 2014; she graduated, called herself a full time blogger and moved to Manchester by October 2015. A friend who works in PR said Lizzy approached the brand she used to work for several times, Lizzy had 128k followers in June 2017 - around the time she moved to London. 172k in January 2018 and 330k in January 2019. PR friend didn’t think the increase was legitimate.

Recently I think Lizzy’s following stagnates and when she starts to lose followers, or bots get deleted, she buys another 10k of followers at a time. Gone are the days where you could spot fake followers by spikes of 1/5/10k on a single day, if you want 10k followers a company will give you X amount a day until you’ve reached the required amount.
I think Lizzy most recently did this when she first started her grand voyage but now she’s back to either gaining or losing very few followers on a daily basis.
At the time I scrolled through her followers and noticed Lizzy was gaining a lot of East Asian followers, mainly Chinese and Korean, they have profile pictures but when you click on some of the profiles you can tell they’re not legit accounts. Chinese accounts where the only pictures posted were pro-Chinese communist party. Korean accounts where in the bio part of it is written in Hangul (Korean Alphabet) and then Hiragana (one of the Japanese alphabets). But you would never mix the two languages together and the Hiragana was just ‘んんんんんん’ which literally just means ‘nnnnnn’ in English. I asked manfriend who is bonafide Japanese and he said it doesn’t even mean anything in Japanese. Lizzy might be paying a premium for more realistic followers but a bot is a bot.

Anyway, that was a pointlessly long explanation as to why I think miss Hadfield has been buying followers. For reference I have half the amount of IG followers as Lizzy and manfriend has over 1.3M, he’s also 58 which makes it slightly amusing, neither of us have bought followers and neither of our accounts have the same follower patterns as Lizzy.
Everything on IG can be faked you can buy everything from followers to story views. Comments too, you can even choose what the comments say but they will be posted from the same type of bot accounts which would make it too obvious. That’s why I think their London friendship group all post the same inane comments on each other's IG posts to falsely inflate their engagement rate.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Artaud

For non-UK folk, Lizzy did the London equivalent of splashing her inherited wealth on renting in Park Avenue - Holland Park and the East Village - Bethnal Green when she only had the resources to buy the style and size of property she wanted in Bushwick - Homerton.
Obviously nothing wrong with Bushwick or Homerton for many people they would be a first choice but not as desirable and you just know if Lizzy had the budget she wouldn’t have even considered living there. Where as if Lizzy had rented in Homerton she could have saved a substantial sum on rent and bought in somewhere like Hackney - Williamsburg.

Living between New York and London is just the latest in a series of Lizzy’s impulsive, knee jerk reactions to keep up with Linda- we all know how well these end *cough*Luigi*cough*. As usual I don’t think Lizzy has really thought this through at all. For instance Lizzy will still be in the fixed term of her mortgage and assuming she doesn’t have a buy to let mortgage, she definitely was not planning this, and rents out her house, even intermittently, she will be committing mortgage fraud.

Lizzy will probably find establishing work in the US harder than she expects, New York is saturated with influencers and the current phase of fashion bloggers turned influencers is slowly dying - just like her Youtube channel. IG is increasingly turning more towards video content and she can’t survive on gifted clothing. Is Lizzy prepared to go back to square one with influencing? Actually make an effort? Make more polished content? Does she realise it may impact her work and income in the UK? Has she even thought of the legal and tax implications?

I think at the moment Lizzy is probably abusing the standard tourist/ESTA visa, all the visas that allow UK nationals to live or work in the US require an embassy appointment/interview. Personally I wouldn’t like to take my chances repeatedly going in/out the US on a tourist visa, especially if you spend a prolonged period of time there and openly admit you’re going to meetings and ‘working’.
Not that I agree with it but Lizzy will qualify for the O1 visa - they really should just rename it to self employed and can generate own income visa. My ex and I were going to move to the NY years ago but had to abandon plans when I found out I had cancer, as a musician and photographer we met the requirements for O1 visa independently of each other, the hardest part is finding the sponsor.

There will never be a ‘good’ time for Luigi to resume living with her either, I bet Lizzy is hoping as time goes on people gradually forget and stop asking about him. She definitely made the conscious decision not to post IG grid pictures of him at Christmas, literally burying him on her grid.
Pets can be a pain in the arse at times, I put off emigrating to Japan because I knew my cat was too old to cope with the ordeal of moving to a different continent but you have to accept its the sacrifice you make when owning them and enjoying their company.

Promise I will learn to write short posts at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

getawaywithit

VIP Member
You can’t really claim an Instagram comment section as your “place of work” lmfao. It’s an open and public social network which is how they are able to earn so much money.

Not to mention that in fact many public facing jobs DO have to deal with people constantly telling them how to do their work, or at the very least have employers placing demands and expectations on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

d0llhouse

Overconsumption aside, I don't think Lizzy is stupid with money. Right from the start of her channel, she treated it as a business, writing off fashion/beauty/home/tech purchases as business expenses. She was letting property up north and now has a property in London. I imagine there are other long-term stock investments (from her inheritance and trust fund) that we're not told about.

Having professional, well-to-do parents equipped to advise you on financial literacy is another privilege that is rarely acknowledged.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

peppin

VIP Member
I'd like to know what society is she referring to, because from what I've seen in my short life it's usually the opposite, from elementary school friendships to romantic relationships -- some is deemed better than none, even if it's unhealthy, draining or straight toxic.

Especially when it comes to women, that's what still makes divorce (hell, even "just" a break-up) problematic, the constant pressure to "have" someone, to not to be seen as an odd one. That's why so many people (especially men, ehem) think threatening a woman with the good old "you will become a crazy cat lady" is an "argument". When, if you really think about it, it's a rather empowering/freeing situation.

I also think Lindsey misunderstood the message she reacts to. It's not a "you HAVE to be alone", but rather a "perhaps, enjoying your own company first allows you to explore yourself and therefore your wishes, preferences, boundaries, standards... Which you can later cultivate in relation to other people, therefore creating and maintaining your relationships. Or recognising when it's time to walk away.

She's not the girl boss she fancies herself, and I'd not guess her age correctly after reading that snippet. At least, it's better than the infamous GooD bRAIn DaYs 😜 rubbish, lol.

• Heart

fallouou

One of her oldest videos to now

736A69CC-F44F-466E-A204-8655DB4591A3.jpeg

Sorry, didn't mean for that to appear so big. Apologies for anyone on desktop who just received the fright of their life.

• Haha
  • Wow

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
In other words - her mum has (quite rightly) said she won’t keep travelling back and forth to transport the cat. And Lizzy can’t be arsed doing it herself pre and post travels.

Irresponsible pet owners are fucking ghouls. Poor Luigi. Lizzy wanted something to amuse her during lockdown, that’s all.

Between this and seeing Gizzi Erskine ditch her older cat for kittens it’s too much right now 😢

• Angry
  • Wow

Artaud

I think it was originally for a month, two weeks in Canada and then two weeks in NY.
To be fair if I had to stoop as low as being the face of River Island I would be shamed into leaving the country for a prolonged period of time too. Have people forgot yet? Is it safe to come back yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 29

getawaywithit

VIP Member
Agreed. She’s definitely met someone in NYC, IMO. Even if you did decide that you would start to live in both cities, after months of living out of a suitcase and travel and then coming back to your new home you’d settle for just a bit. Her behaviour is classic dickmatized.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

fallouou

84FE1754-490E-447D-94D4-8E7C4B6E9703.jpeg

Honestly what even is this drivel. What is the point she’s trying to convey? That’s she’s incapable of being left alone for 5 minutes, even though she’s the one saying you need to be independent and be yourself. She can barely write an Instagram caption, let alone a whole book!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

sfts

Anyone else’s grandpa got this exact jacket??? She didn’t have to go all the way to NY for it, could’ve picked one up in Cotswold Outdoor
281B84BE-BAC3-41DB-A213-E2B021AD6507.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27