Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But she’s not really working tho really is she?
All she seems to do is shoot an item of clothing in exactly the same style. Her walking and looking all coy, or her standing and looking all coy. It’s just so boring.
So she has plenty of time to venture further a field than just coffee runs.
Also do influencers just hang out with other influencers, not there own mates anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But she’s not really working tho really is she?
All she seems to do is shoot an item of clothing in exactly the same style. Her walking and looking all coy, or her standing and looking all coy. It’s just so boring.
So she has plenty of time to venture further a field than just coffee runs.
Also do influencers just hang out with other influencers, not there own mates anymore?
Influencers hang out with other influencers because they can relate to each other, they can discuss collaborations with clients, how much to charge, they can share followers by tagging each other, etc… I guess we all do this in some form with work colleagues. I’m all for the freedom that being an influencer brings. But it’s a short lived career, I bet some struggle with lack of purpose, this work is so superficial that unless you ground it on something more meaningful it must destroy your soul. There is a massive discrepancy of effort, and that’s probably what bothers me most. Lizzy creates a lot more content, YouTube videos, editing, music… I agree super boring now. But at least she’s trying. Don’t get me started on her mate, what does she do? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
Overconsumption aside, I don't think Lizzy is stupid with money. Right from the start of her channel, she treated it as a business, writing off fashion/beauty/home/tech purchases as business expenses. She was letting property up north and now has a property in London. I imagine there are other long-term stock investments (from her inheritance and trust fund) that we're not told about.

Having professional, well-to-do parents equipped to advise you on financial literacy is another privilege that is rarely acknowledged.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Overconsumption aside, I don't think Lizzy is stupid with money. Right from the start of her channel, she treated it as a business, writing off fashion/beauty/home/tech purchases as business expenses. She was letting property up north and now has a property in London. I imagine there are other long-term stock investments (from her inheritance and trust fund) that we're not told about.

Having professional, well-to-do parents equipped to advise you on financial literacy is another privilege that is rarely acknowledged.
Couldn’t agree more I could handle my poor single parent upbringing more if they at least brought knowledge and savvy to the table as it’s of equal importance when I think about the hours and hours spent chewing the fat with my own daughter about finance, education, subjects, universities, careers, how to overcome the negatives of us being northern working class etc I wish to god I had that

This came up in another thread, Sammi Maria, as well. She’s been around for a long time, with a rather large following, but does not seem to have been able to consolidate earlier success. She did not come from a wealthy background at all and it just seems like she has not had proper financial and tax advice to capitalise on her peak moment. I think that influencers who come from families that know how to handle money, not necessarily rich, but just knowing when to get a professional to advise you, have been much better at making sure you get on the property ladder and how to invest in the right projects.

Sammi does not seem to have had this support and it does not seem like she has much left from her more successful youtuber days.

Reactions: 18
I usually love other people's spontaneous photos but jesus bleeping christ, this is so bad and boring, even new york cannot save it
Screenshot_20211118-145500_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211118-145510_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
I hear you both! I have never been to NYC but (here in Germany) a ticket to the USA could easily cost 1000€, that's why I personally wouldn't spend that much money on a short trip (just the tickets alone) or at least I would try to go some place else additionally, so I get a little more use out of the plane costs
Exactly that and the eco costs.. it's better to stay a long time.. It costs me on average £666 to fly there but last night when I was looking at flying over for something at the start of Jan fares were crazy.. between £750 and £1200 . I kept changing the dates to try to reduce the cost but it only increased lol. As I am not sure if I will have anywhere to stay this time I might have to sit that one out as even rooms in cheap Airbnbs would raise it abut another £400

Interesting that there is such a big price difference! I’m from your neighbouring country the Netherlands and have never flown for more than €600 to NYC. But that’s off-topic.
I know friends who got a really good deal and went for 650€ also but I think those used to be special offers. However, I just checked what a flight would cost me right now and they are very cheap at the moment (around 400) I assume that's because of Covid? I didn't keep in mind that flights might be cheaper atm so Lindsey might have actually gotten a really good deal then!
[/QUOTE]
i'm wondering if Covid has increased the fares. I looked at same route earlier in the year and it was slightly reduced from £666 to around £400 but at that point UK were still not allowed in..(tho i think Ireland was or otherwise why would they be selling tickets?)

Reactions: 2
Covid has absolutely increased the cost our family 2 adults 2 teenagers should have been there a few weeks ago but it was cancelled I won’t go at Xmas it’s too cold so we looked at Easter and it was so much more expensive than how original booking so much so that we’ve took a chance on Japan instead even though it’s not open yet as for the same money we were able to get better std flights stay for longer in better rooms than in NY it’s a gamble but we’ve so many hols cancelled we’re used to it and if Japan doesn’t open for blossom season when will it?!

Reactions: 6
That is so weird! I just had a look, direct return flights (KLM/AIR France) Amsterdam - JFK are €369, flying at normal hours, so not in the middle of the night or something. Delta is even cheaper. Maybe it’s heavily subsidised or something. Similar flights from Berlin are €464. I never realised that there was such a big difference.

Reactions: 3
Do normal people's lips look like this when they smile? Why does she keep posting such awkward photos?
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 10.22.16 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That is so weird! I just had a look, direct return flights (KLM/AIR France) Amsterdam - JFK are €369, flying at normal hours, so not in the middle of the night or something. Delta is even cheaper. Maybe it’s heavily subsidised or something. Similar flights from Berlin are €464. I never realised that there was such a big difference.
£485 return from London. Direct
So no that bad for a week break, considering Linda would have crash on Lizzy’s hotel. Free stay, and free coffees by the sound of it 😂

Reactions: 4
£485 return from London. Direct
So no that bad for a week break, considering Linda would have crash on Lizzy’s hotel. Free stay, and free coffees by the sound of it 😂
What fare was that? I was told that there were London to NY flights for £300 return.. British Airways still charging their usual when I looked. I don't fly them for a few reasons tho they are handy for me to get to at Heathrow... mostly the astronomical price. The first time I was flying to another US location they were £400 more than the flight i booked. yes you get free booze but even I couldn't drink enough to make up the difference 🤣🤣

PS Hey Lizzy if you are still there I'd love to crash on the sofa... if indeed your very grotty looking accommodation has one..

Reactions: 1
The difference between Lizzy and Lindsey’s brands! Lizzy gets gifted a £458 puffer meanwhile Linda gets a £175

Reactions: 6
The difference between Lizzy and Lindsey’s brands! Lizzy gets gifted a £458 puffer meanwhile Linda gets a £175
It makes sense. Very different followers numbers
I usually love other people's spontaneous photos but jesus bleeping christ, this is so bad and boring, even new york cannot save it
View attachment 873529
View attachment 873531
l quite liked that first photo. She can have a sensitive eye when she allows herself to touch that part. She just need to improve on her editing…

Reactions: 3
Covid has absolutely increased the cost our family 2 adults 2 teenagers should have been there a few weeks ago but it was cancelled I won’t go at Xmas it’s too cold so we looked at Easter and it was so much more expensive than how original booking so much so that we’ve took a chance on Japan instead even though it’s not open yet as for the same money we were able to get better std flights stay for longer in better rooms than in NY it’s a gamble but we’ve so many hols cancelled we’re used to it and if Japan doesn’t open for blossom season when will it?!
When I moved to Japan in August only Japanese nationals and fully vaccinated foreigners with visas allowing them to live/work in Japan were allowed entry to Japan, with 14 days quarantine - you have to get to a private residence without taking public transport, failing that you have to stay in a government approved hotel at the airport for the 14 days.
Recently they have started approving tourist visas again but only for spouses and children of Japanese nationals living abroad. If you’re from certain countries, where the Japanese government approve of vaccine standards, the quarantine period has been dropped to 10 days.
Australia are claiming to be opening a travel bubble with Japan but there’s no news here in Japan about it.

The extreme measures were really brought in to keep the people coming to Japan for the Olympics under control and realistically Japan can’t keep their borders closed forever. Although, rather selfishly, I am enjoying it here whilst it is quieter without the international tourists, you think Lizzy might have appreciated a quieter New York but it just seems lost on her.

I still can’t believe how unashamedly Lizzy has copied the Halpin sisters. It goes beyond replicating their outfits and IG photos, the infamous orange peel and selfies obscuring part of the face.
Like when Lizzy cut her hair the same length as Sarah’s and dyed it the same colour as Joanna’s. The Halpin sisters took their Rimowa’s to Japan, Lizzy gets her mother to buy her a Rimowa for her birthday and takes it to Japan.
I never really noticed Lizzy expressing any real desire to visit Japan before then and eerily similar to New York. Joanna moves to New York and Sarah spent the majority of the pandemic there, so of course Lizzy must goto New York. Lizzy has been there at least once a year since she started vlogging.

And Lizzy has definitely been getting her lips done for a long time. When we lived near each other I first saw Lizzy in a Tesco, v. glam, and her lips looked ridiculous, I don’t believe anyone would purposely walk around a supermarket pouting that way. That would have been a few months after she moved into her last rental.

• Wow
Lindsey could only muster 500 likes on her ad…
What I loved about the Arket ad is that you can see the Arket shopping bag in the glass reflection. That says, I carried this coat in a bag, I will photograph it and put it back in said bag. That is how much I love it. 😂
Brands really need to do their research properly

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Re: Lizzy’s lips, I do think we’d have to scroll back a while to find photos of her lips sans filler. They’ve had that weird look to them for ages now, like she was pouting and the wind changed

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.