Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
She posted her blazer testing basics. Toteme blazer is over £600. She mentioned that the last piece she bought from them, she wasn’t happy with the way it wore for the price so had kind of sworn them off. But still couldn’t resist including them in testing basics.
Lol. If Lizzy stop wearing Toteme then Anna would need to find something new to shop lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15

pembroke

Also, just seen on Lucy Williams’ story that she also got the reposed box and tagged it gifted so I think Lizzy chose influencers for it to be sent to, meaning her pals probably didn’t even shill out the 40 or so pounds for it either! 😂
She misspelled absorbed twice :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Lizzy taking photos around town toting her own book like an accessory is... ugh, next level cringe. I mean, I guess it’s a form of pre-launch PR, but can you imagine an actual author doing that? Yeesh.

• Haha

fallouou

Whole heartedly agree. It's the lack lustred nature to everything which gets me, but the privilege which gets all of these free things fall into her lap. There are several influencer who get on my nerves, but I will say that despite how greedy and disgusting I find them (In The Frow) at least they put effort into being of no use to society.

BB and Lizzy are so similar, but I think BB has "the eye" for things and is (annoyingly sometimes) meticulous. No matter how expensive your camera nor how expensive the items you are taking a picture of without that eye and consistency in standards you just produce beige content. I even enjoy BB just showing her process for taking photos of items she's going to sell on depop.

On another note, a great vlogger for those who like Lizzy's montage vibes, but someone with endless creativity is Rachel Nguyen. Style wise she is very different, but she has a great knack her creating a narrative and produces lovely content. I think this is what Lizzy aspires to be like but she lacks the pizazz to get there.

• Heart

peppin

VIP Member
I like those outfits, well, some of them, the third one is too much even for me, lol. But what annoys me the most is that as someone who's established themselves as a fashion influencer, Lizzy isn't delivering. I'm not demanding her to change her style into, idk, ultra feminine D&G-esque one, BUT there is no excitement, no playfulness, no surprise, no will to explore and get from her comfort zone, she has no fav pieces you would see again and again but styled differently, fuck, I'm not even sure this is her style as it's all handed to her.

This would be alright for someone more life style orientated or at the beginning of influencers -- you know, seeing inspiration from a different source than vogue editorials. But if fashion occupies 95% of your content, if you receive shitloads of expensive garments on daily basis and the results are predictable from the colour pallete to the way of styling the items, then you're doing a shitty job. Who is inspired by that? If I browse through pinterest, I get inspired. If I watch Lizzy's video, I get bored or irritated.

Reactions: 14

jaymie

VIP Member
61845355-E421-4CC8-B97D-07DEA3CC9B66.png

Her camera roll must have lots of useless pictures. Is this art that I don’t understand?

• Haha
Don’t say that! If it’s what you can afford, there’s absolutely no shame. The most sustainable thing is pieces you already own, so as long as you’re trying to only buy when you need to, shopping fast fashion is okay. And it’s important to keep in mind that it’s the upper middle/upper classes who are keeping fast fashion alive and well - those that shop at these stores regularly and buy a ton of stuff they don’t wear because they can, not because they have to.
I actually purchased an Arket coat and then noticed Lizzie got in one of her *kindly gifted* Arket hauls... I've worn it nearly every day this winter, whereas in her case I never saw it again! I think that shopping / re-styling your own wardrobe is a far more interesting concept, rather than just buying more stuff. I need to do this myself.

• Heart

Artaud

Lizzy’s problem is accepting too much gifting, there is no possible way she can regularly wear all the clothes she gets gifted on top of what she already has in her wardrobe. And Lizzy doesn’t really have her own personal style, she seems to become totally obsessed with whoever she is friends with and emulates them.

Had no idea they were doing a live. Pretty sure I didn’t miss anything interesting, though 😂
You didn’t miss anything, from what I remember:
- Lindsey was supposed to the live last week but cancelled and dragged Lizzy into it this week.
- They talked about their friendship. “Two bodies, one mind”.🤦‍♀️
- The podcast and book but nothing new was said.
- How much they miss travelling.

Highlight was Lindsey calling herself an author then not knowing the difference between fiction and non-fiction.

Lizzy seemed very animated when talking about the book, Lindsey definitely hasn’t pushed this on her. It’s strange because I thought Lizzy might be more tentative about it considering they must have started working on the book last year before Lizzy had the subscription flop and got dropped by her management. She must realise they are going to sell a relatively low number of copies.

• Haha

cosmos17

I swear she only took on this literary persona recently, how is she only now reading catcher in the rye? Wouldn’t usually bring it up but it seems like it’s all quite surface level and done for the “aesthetic” 🤓🙄

• Haha

Bia

The way they measure themselves on men is sad, really. They seriously lack in self esteem, and I hate that idea they flog that it's especially women who need security and reassurance and are self sabotaging. I don't know if they're drawn to vlogging and being influencers because they're insecure, or if exposing their lives online has amplified all their insecurities.

Artaud

sorry, I can't comprehend the fact that she packed a bag after a row...sounds like something you would find in a flimsy book about how to keep the flame of a relationship alive, especially in her 30s
What I found more confusing was Lindsey would say this then in the next breath talk about having children in her immediate future. She seemed totally oblivious that perhaps it wasn’t the healthiest relationship or best environment to bring a child into.

Apparently they’ve been writing the book since Lizzy broke up with Ben, so they got the book deal based off season one of the podcast.
The podcast ran its course in season one, it was floundering in season two and they were flogging a dead horse with season three. I wonder what the publishers make of it? The book is released in two days and they’ve only promoted it in a minimal, casual way.

• Wow

Artaud

The most bizarre thing is Lizzy didn’t even like wine when she moved to London, she forced herself to drink it as apparently drinking wine is an IG aesthetic of its own.

I think moving to east London had the most impact on Lizzy’s style, it just happened around the same time she separated from Ben. Lizzy is such an east London cliche.

I agree, Lizzy stopped being a ‘real’ vlogger long ago. She never vlogs outside anymore, her vlogs are sporadically filmed often in one day, in her home just to showcase all the new clothes and homewares she has been gifted.
Lizzy has so much furniture in her home now it’s starting to look claustrophobic. Did Lizzy need a sideboard in her kitchen? No. But could Lizzy say no to something gifted? No. She really had no space for the vintage lamp either. It all looks so cramped.
Similarly those slogan t-shirts that have been bought undoubtedly on a whim, after years of purging her wardrobe of print and colour how much longevity do they have? Will we even see Lizzy wear them all out of the house?
Deep down I think the tattoo is a whim too Lizzy doesn’t do anything of her own accord, she must follow someone who recently got tattoo’d and became obsessed with getting one.

Fofoca

Chatty Member
You didn’t miss anything, from what I remember:
- Lindsey was supposed to the live last week but cancelled and dragged Lizzy into it this week.
- They talked about their friendship. “Two bodies, one mind”.🤦‍♀️
- The podcast and book but nothing new was said.
- How much they miss travelling.
Should be:
Two people, zero personality
Two brains, not a single independent thought
Two mouths, nothing interesting said
Two homes, 47 free sofas
And 10 trillion white t shirts and 4 nipples

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
Oh that’s sad news! They’d been together a long time iirc? Since before she became an influencer etc. Ah well. On the positive side, At least she’ll get to have a fun ‘hot girl summer’ with Lizzie.
The mandatory May bikini shoot has been robbed from them due to the shitty weather that we are having

• Haha
  • Sad

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
You know how people buy all sorts of fancy toys for their cats, and then the cat only plays with a rubber band or twisty tie, ie. literal garbage? That's what Lizzy and her clothes remind me of. She's gifted all this expensive clothing, handbags, and shoes, and then what she actually wears is garbage. Cheap Gap button-down, misshapen old jumper, wrinkly t-shirt.

• Heart

Mmmdot

Ugh, selling gifted items is so tacky to me! Only 20% to charity for something you got for free and probably paid to feature!? I understand these influencers get so much stuff sent to them and it’s better than tossing it out, but only 20% donated is pretty sad.