Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jaymie

VIP Member
Tell me your are a twat without telling me you're a twat - wear a jumper on my shoulders

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

MoniC

Chatty Member
View attachment 534860
that's too many words for "I get too many freebies to curate something resembling personal style"

View attachment 534863

and, surprise, it's an ad, very tastefully done one at that:):):)
Boobies check, ribs out to show off how thin you are under a baggy jumper check, crotch shot check.
See, Lizzy, the problem is YOU DON'T "LOOK GREAT AT HOME OR OUT OF THE HOUSE", it's a bit inauthentic when you show yourself dressed in frumpy 500 pound sweaters making you look like a 10 year old boy in all other posts, just not in this particular ad...
(Not to mention that a lot of her pictures remind me of thinspo which is a whole different issue)

Nova

VIP Member
Do they not realise that a big percentage of the UK are working from home and have been from the start of the pandemic? They didn't have any choice in the matter, and dont have the excuse of saying it impacts our creativity - we have had to get on with it. We have also had to take leave in lockdown and GO NOWHERE. Honestly, they are so out of touch with reality.
I’ll be honest, I am dreading the day I’m expected to go back into the office on a regular basis. I am loving working from home and have not had any mental health issues. I realise not everyone is experiencing it this way. But yes, taking leave to sit at home was not ideal.

• Heart
Someone once wrote here that Lizzy’s style and content went downhill after her split with Ben and I truly believe that was the case. That was when she kept cutting her hair shorter and shorter and started dressing very undone and sloppily. I get the impression that break up took a real toll on her.

From a viewers perspective it’s a real shame because I did really like her content before. Her videos were well thought out and had great music. Now they’re just either undeclared ads, a passionless testing basics attempt or hauls of gifted stuff she doesn’t need.

Also what’s with her inability to edit out moments where she gets distracted by a text message/email? It surprises me that she’s continued to sail through and get work when that is the level of performance she’s putting out there.

Bia

I half watched her last vlog, and it really seems that she doesn't care about producing decent content and connect with an audience through vlogging anymore. That's fair enough, but then just stop. She can't be arsed to do anything vaguely interesting, not even a walk, or talk about photography, and seems to be in a state of constant frenzy. I even like vintage shopping and don't mind a bit of carelessness in style, but those outfit she put together with the second-hand tshirts are atrocious, sloppy art-student like 10 years too late.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Artaud

Lizzy’s mother stayed with her for at least six weeks over Christmas and New Year, Lizzy wasn’t a single household then but was still meeting up with Lindsey and Simon, probably others who aren’t so active on IG.
Lizzy will definitely try and justify her actions by saying it’s essential they meet up for work but I don’t think the government would consider passing an iPhone around for an outfit photo essential work. Similarly I don’t think the government would recommend bubbling up with someone who lives a fifty minute train ride out of London - Lindsey.

You have to remember Lizzy thinks she had Covid whilst she was in Japan because she had to take a lot of cough sweets. This is possibly the dumbest thing Lizzy has ever said. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
The internet remembers, but influencers don't care. I don't even think she wants to do Testing Basics anymore, but her followers keep asking for it. She looks so bored at the beginning of that video, like "Christ, here we go again". She should just stop doing them, not only to curb her own consumption but also because I don't know who they're helping anymore. Are there people really debating between a £600 and a £40 blazer? How are you even supposed to properly assess a garment after only a week of wearing it once or twice? We know this because she has done other videos checking in on whether or not her assessments held up over time, and the truth is that they don't always.

fallouou

I just find it ridiculous that for someone who whinged so much about lockdown and leads a public life she is so openly breaking rules. She's had guests over, been over at other peoples house, seems to meet someone every other day and is touching their property. What a privileged and entitled twat.

Edited to say - we can legally meet someone outside now, but she was breaking the rules long before.

• Angry

jenmarks

VIP Member
How do you know they dropped her? I'd love to hear more about that (although I never really understood her relationship with the modeling agency to begin with). And "made up numbers"... do you mean in the sense that they inflated their projected sales? This would explain a lot of Lizzy's recent low state.
I work in the industry, so... It looks like Lizzy has purchased followers somewhere along the way, so there's a number of brands who just haven't seen the CTR or engagement that was promised. If the ROI isn't there, people start to talk. Maybe also the fact that she jst ignored lockdown rules a couple of times last year could be part of it.

• Wow

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
As annoying as it is to see people like Lizzy being gifted bags and clothes all the time, @Artaud has a good point: those are the scraps. It costs a brand less to throw product someone's way than to actually pay them for time and materials.

New podcast episode. "Getting your dream job at a young age". UGH. This makes me want to punch something. What realistic advice can Lizzy possibly give to a young person about getting their dream job? I already know she'll say some trite bullshit about working hard, being true to yourself, and maybe even some ~unorthodox~ advice like "college isn't everything", when we know that her true ace-in-the-hole is to already have a lot of money.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.29.30 AM.png

Voyeurofcrap

Hmmm, I wonder if miss lockdown breaker will explain why she’s galavanting around Manchester City centre during lockdown?!?!?

C77088E1-A56B-407E-A258-6F7894CE1D8B.png

I feel like these two getting a book deal is a bit unfair. My very close friend is a (very talented) published author and I know how hard it is to get a book deal. So gifted, educated writers wait years to get published and some Insta influencers who don’t know how to write and have next to nothing to offer get a deal in the blink of an eye. I wish they would stick to just posting their outfits and beauty advice...

Nova

VIP Member
I keep seeing this, but I would not consider someone an alcoholic because they go for drinks regularly? I’m probably one myself then. Summer is coming and you bet I will be out having drinks everywhere!

jaymie

VIP Member
hang on, they aren't married?? had I been living under the rock or
Lol you made me doubt my understanding. No i don’t think so, she wants it though. She thinks covid ruined her plan :rolleyes:

FD400B48-D8D4-4E95-B744-8A643376EADA.jpeg

Design looks a lot like dolly’s book.

ELFILY

VIP Member
Lizzy’s copycat literally scares me. Fair enough to be influenced and inspired but copying photos, same bed, buys exactly same clothes. It’s very very weird.