Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I doubt Lizzy and Lindsey are drinking as much as their IG grids suggest. They're likely taking loads of photos on the occasions they do drink, and then just posting them periodically at a later time (because orange wine is now a personality trait). It is annoying though, like those friends who go on a trip and then continue to post photos from it well after they've come home.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

blueblueindigo

I'd love to know what Lizzy's content calendar / to do list looks like:

Take bikini shot in garden (half head cut off)
Edit underboob photo for sponsored post
Take selfie in towel
half cut off face (pouting) with Luigi
Film Luigi and I in the bath for weekly vlog
Take photo of Linds, semi naked (no face)
Go on your daily trip to pick up coffee or alcohol.... take photo of the inside of bag .... take photo loitering outside an empty shop... extra points if you find some mirrored windows to take a selfie

jaymie

VIP Member
With the 3 copies her and Lindsay's book will sell, hopefully Lizzy will be able to buy an iron
she dressed like she works for UPS.

Her book cover is terrible. Is like An Edited Life, The F Word and Everything I know about love having an orgy on a full grain leather

• Haha

Chinchilla

I don't intend to listen to it either (I'd like to hang on to my few remaining brain cells, thanks), but I will make a guess as to what these groundbreaking wfh coping strategies might be:

1) Get dressed everyday. This can feel SO hard, guys, I know, but those gifted jumpers won't wear themselves.
2) Get outside. Nature is essential for mental well-being. I find that a 2-hour walk each afternoon helps break up the work day.
3) Exercise! Follow the link in bio for a 10% off code for a pilates subscription. #ad
4) Have at least one thing to look forward to each day. This could be a daily trip to your favorite third-wave coffee shop (which, if you're not also posting it religiously to your social media, why are you even listening to this podcast), staggering your gifted parcels so you have one delivered each day of the week, buying something (anything!), or all of the above.
5) Meditate. I can't emphasize this enough. Set aside at least half an hour of your day for this, even if you have to squeeze it somewhere between your third-wave coffee run, post-coffee coffee break, leisurely 1.5 hr lunch, post-lunch pre-walk break, 2-hour afternoon walk, or post-walk late-afternoon break.
6) Cry. Life is hard and it's okay to feel sad about *gestures at the world* all that's going on. I usually allow an hour in the evening after dinner for some intense navel-gazing and self-pity.

Spot on! This is brilliant!
Also can't believe she's had random friends mixing in her house on a frequent basis. So what the hell is she bleeting about ? Why all the constant tears.
Goodness if I was in her position I would be lapping up the time to do what the feck I want. Not have to worry about work, my families health, worry of finances, maybe having to move flats, on a constant rota.

Imagine just waking up and having tonnes of free luxury gifted items sent to you on a daily basis. Oh I'm just going to have a bath or read or cook or lie about ,play with my cat and now apparent, have my friends around for a coffee run. She really doesn't realise how good she has got it.

Yes, I'm not denying that everyone has their anxieties but she needs to wake up a little and smell the coffee.

I think she gets gifted items so much so, that she's so that she's become so accustomed to it. Lost it's appeal on her. Does she ever buy anything herself.

God if I even get gifted a coffee I would be licking your arms off!

Her YT channel is meant to be her job and she is so half @rsed about it. Imagine if I were to rock up for a work meeting and say sorry I can't be bothered so can't deliver.

I hate sometimes how we get so invested in these influencers - urgh

Inthebrow

Sorry but it’s boring AF. Where is the storytelling? A little detail? Some colour? Tell us something about you or your dad or your relationship just so we have a sense of why we should care about you. It doesn’t have to be deeply personal, just something to give some substance to the piece. Bad editing on the part of whoever commissioned this as well. It annoys me as I know proper writers who would love to write for Vogue but have to compete with numpties like this who not only cant write but will write for peanuts which devalues the craft for everyone. (OK I know the likes of Vogue don’t really pay but you know what I mean)
I imagine that Vogue wanted something from her and she was excited but then they wanted this and we know she’s not wanted to/been able to talk about her dad’s passing (and I respect that) - and so she managed to write about it without really saying anything, instead of turning down the offer.

Artaud

Lindsey seems to live in north Essex near the Stour estuary.

Lizzy’s walks are not following government guidelines as you’re meant to follow social distancing measures and you’re not supposed to touch other peoples belongings. Getting close enough to someone you don’t live with to pass an Iphone/camera around is not allowed.
I think what we can see online is the tip of the iceberg in this regard, there’s a few of her friends who have posted IG content very near her home and I don’t believe for a second they didn’t go inside especially considering Luigi.

At least she can’t meet with the actual Halpins, both of them have been in the US for months after going to Cyprus to bypass travel restrictions. I’ve known them for years and even I am in awe at the amount Joanna has travelled in the last year. Does Covid exist in the Halpin world?
Did Lizzy latch onto Simon because he used to live with Sarah Halpin?

• Haha
  • Wow

jaymie

VIP Member
40CA6E72-28CA-4740-992E-1446229D43A0.png
Oh with her bikini, I thought she was shilling tampons. Tampons not lip balm.
Lindsey is quite insecure with her own skin, I think being sexy is her way of dealing with her insecurity

Forgot to add, Lindsey sneaking in her body here and there which has nothing to do with the product is like girls sneaking in their designer handbag in all photos, we know it is purposely placed there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
I swear, knowing that these influencers get gifted very 'expensive' things (like for instance that Dior saddle bag) just eliminates the so called value of the items for me. Surely if something is of such good quality and costs so much, why would a company just throw it an influencer or celebrity, for nothing but some promotion in return? I would be a fool to spend thousands - hell, even hundreds on an item these girls and boys are being sent for free. Am I the only one who looks at it from that perspective?

• Heart

therealab

Are we surprised the Arket blazer was her number one pick, considering her constant sponsorship by them?

I remember her previous blogs about trying to buy more ethical brands and stop over consuming. Here she buys two fast fashion brand blazers and three overpriced synthetic fabric blazers. The internet remembers mate.

krakus

And she lost her dad's watch during the time Ben and her broke up as well. I imagine that could play a part.

I don't understand why she bothers with yt anymore. Her channel is dying. She can't even rack up 100 comments on her videos anymore (at least they're not at 100 when I watch them), not even to speak about the views...
It seems like a lot of her subbies have come to the same conclusion and tapped out. If Lizzy truly wants to continue with youtube, she's going to have to actually hit the pause button and take a long hard look at her content.
A lot of it is that her style honestly sucks now. No way I'm sitting through 30 minutes of congested mumbling just to see her style some hideous, ill-fitting jumpers. She has the money and the location to put out interesting content, but instead she just films herself and her cat.

poopettemetis

VIP Member
JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

£610 for a blazer made of VISCOSE and with no accoutrements like buttons. Holy hell.

I think I paid less (albeit on sale) for my 100% wool Stella McCartney one.

• Wow
  • Haha

kas85

Haven't listened to the podcast, but I commend Lindsey and her partner for calling it quits if their vision for the future wasn't aligned.

Suggesting that he couldn't possibly propose because of the pandemic -- when seemingly everyone and their grandma got married/engaged during lockdown -- was starting to make Lindsey sound increasingly delusional.
Their relationship did seem a bit strained. I think at one point she said when they have arguments she packs a bag to leave and I thought “this many years into your relationship and at your age, how is this sustainable long term?”.

I think the combination of moving out of London and then the pandemic probably made them spend a lot of time together and they realised it had been a good run but marriage/babies wasn’t on the cards (more so him, I imagine). I think a lot couples will go through this in the coming months

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Do they not realise that a big percentage of the UK are working from home and have been from the start of the pandemic? They didn't have any choice in the matter, and dont have the excuse of saying it impacts our creativity - we have had to get on with it. We have also had to take leave in lockdown and GO NOWHERE. Honestly, they are so out of touch with reality.
Ah yes, the taking of vacation days and going nowhere for the past year!

I would also like to remind Lizzy that those of us taking our paid time off have to pay for our own vacations. We don’t get gifted vacays where we prattle on and do outfit of the days and then post some half-assed vlog with weird camera angles, talking about how beautiful/how great/how relaxing the trip is. It’s still a paid vacation Lizzy, even it’s “work”.

ETA: the fact that these women all think that going to events and on trips is what makes their content interesting and creative means they’re bad at their jobs. If they were good at their jobs, it wouldn’t matter we’ve all been home for a year.

• Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
It's jarring how terrible her style's become so quickly. She used to wear cute stuff!
Omg, I get so mad when I see those Jimmy Choo boots. Sure, the brand was sending them to everyone, but they were still gorgeous and expensive as fuck, and she probably wore them twice. Who even knows if she still owns them or pawned them off for a profit. Anyway, I get that they aren't practical for everyday, but what are influencers good for if not selling us a fantasy? Make me fall in love with fashion! I don't want to see Lizzy slouching around at home wearing gray socks and 3 shapeless sweaters. I don't need a lesson in looking boring and disheveled. Like, take those boots, add one of her gajillion cream jumpers, a pair of boyish navy shorts, black tights, and an oversized blazer on top. Boom: style. I don't even have to name a specific piece because I know she has so many of these elements in her wardrobe already, she just can't/won't put it together in an interesting way.

• Heart

Artaud

When Lizzy lived in Manchester she had a healthy relationship with food and was at her natural weight. She is naturally thin but was unhappy with her stomach at a 27/28 inch waist.
Lizzy is definitely her own thinspo these days, she would have never have purposely showed her stomach before. She scolded her ex in Manchester when he lifted up her jumper whilst she was vlogging.
I think she restricts food as she does seem to eat but nothing preconceived as ‘unhealthy’ and doesn’t seem to eat often.

Lizzy does seem really unfit though. The type of walking Lizzy does, normal walking pace on flat city roads, doesn’t build fitness and she is so slim any muscle tone would show in her legs. Because Lizzy otherwise lives a sedentary lifestyle her walking probably equates to what someone in an office job would end up walking in an average day. Her inconsistent works out won’t do much either.