Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MoniC

Chatty Member
lol that's what I though. They even said they don't take their own shitty advice which left me like
1621934738100.png

And why exactly would I buy your book then you holier-than-thou fucking dimwits???

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

NorthernBeg

Spotted outside Trove in Manchester earlier today - Miss Lindsey Holland making ‘essential’ trips up North!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21

minniemoo42

i love the highlighted quote in the article: "i have worn this signet ring every single day since i got it quite a few months ago." - Lizzy Hadfield.

Wow. Poignant. Inspiring. lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Zkf

Wow so I posted one word on Lindsey’s book announcement post (‘tummulous?’) and apparently that is enough to get me blocked 🤣 I had no idea she was so petty but I guess now I do. I even thought she must’ve pulled her page down because I’ve never been blocked by anyone before and am in disbelief that is all it takes with her.

Wow so I posted one word on Lindsey’s book announcement post (‘tummulous?’) and apparently that is enough to get me blocked 🤣 I had no idea she was so petty but I guess now I do. I even thought she must’ve pulled her page down because I’ve never been blocked by anyone before and am in disbelief that is all it takes with her.
All I can say is good luck for the forthcoming book reviews honey

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Violet89

Thanks for the new thread!

Frankly, that Reposed collab is a failure.

1) Who the hell was in charge of the copy? "Supremely gifted"? No. Not in any way is she supremely gifted, unless you're delusional
I'd argue that she is supremely gifted, almost everything she owns is gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

peppin

VIP Member
Here's the struggle I have with these two. Logically I know that women should be allowed to show their bodies without shame. I certainly don't think Lindsey needs to cover herself up just because she has a boyfriend. And if you love your body, all the more power to you. So a part of me feels like I'm slut-shaming these two when they post half-naked selfies, and that is a problem. But then the other part sees it as perpetuating the culture of thinness and whiteness (disguised as "body confidence" and "wellness") and wants to take them to task for that. It's easy to say "Love your body!" when your body already falls into what society deems acceptable and desirable. Plus, I dunno, there's just something about the way these two do it that is off-putting, like watching a bad amateur music video. I don't know if this jumble of thoughts makes any sense. I just felt I had to work out what annoys me so much about them.
I feel like they are the walking definition of appealing to the male gaze 🤷🏼‍♀️ hence I don't consider it an empowering statement but rather just attention seeking?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Nova

VIP Member
I bet their mums are sitting at home thinking: “you could have just asked me that”.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

MoniC

Chatty Member
These pictures look like something I'd take on accident when I can't stop fiddling with my phone. I wonder what goes through their heads when taking pictures, is it like "oooh, a garbage can, top notch content!" "A picture of my crotch, the world HAS to see this" ?????
Screenshot_20210414-203926_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210416-145626_Instagram.jpg

I have to almost physically restrain myself from making a snarky comment under their posts. What value does this add to peoples' lives? I'm all for finding beauty in simplicity but most don't find it by looking at someone's sweaty crotch

• Haha
  • Wow

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I feel like we need to start an Accountability Watch™ for all the clothes Lizzy features and never wears again.

Like this bonkers sweater here (posted Jan 10, never seen again):

Ugly gifted Coach bag (posted Mar 28, never seen again):

I predict we will see the Arket green blazer styled badly one or two more times, then it will be relegated to the back of the closet.

• Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
To me the blogpost seemed rushed, almost as if she needed to get it out of the way. Maybe the move is happening right now and she doesn't want it to be too weird so this way people are expecting it. 🤷‍♀️

It was like Hi guys, long time no speak, I've had covid, I am moving to London, ok, thanks, bye.
That's all of her blog posts though, haha. Scattered and hastily written, like a 4th grader's diary. "Hello, how are we all, hope everyone's holding up. I had a good weekend. I saw my best mate, took a nap, and got COVID. Also, I thought I'd show you this bikini, which I'm absolutely loving. Let's all have a restful week! Make sure you pre-order our book! ♥"

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
This is very petty for me saying this and extremely nit picking. I feel like all these IG skinny girls are obsessed with how skinny they look, like being skinny is their only redeeming factor. What is your name? Skinny... How would you describe your personality? Skinny...What is your hobby? Staying skinny...How to be a successful IG babe? Skinny....

There is absolutely no need to pull up her top when showing us her jeans, but there we go....

1611963215884.png

• Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
The problem with Testing Basics is that now that Lizzy has adopted this androgynous, BB clone aesthetic, her stylistic range is too narrow and outside the norm (and often wildly outside most peoples' price range) to be useful. Take blazers for example. We know she's not going to bother with a classic longline tweed or chic-yet-office-appropriate blazer. No, Lizzy is going to choose the most oversized, ill-fitting, $$$$ blazer with ridiculous shoulder pads from The Frankie Shop that pretty much nobody but other influencers would realistically wear. On the other end of the spectrum, you have "Long-sleeved t-shirts" and "tank tops" which are just way too general. She might as well ask if we want to see a Testing Basics on "shoes". Plus, I just can't condone her buying five more of the same item, when she has more than enough basic clothes to last her the rest of her life. Her rankings and exclamations that she'll wear something "so, so much" ring hollow when you remember that she has 10 other similar pieces languishing in her closet, waiting to see the light of day.

• Heart