Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
They can’t wait until they can travel again, not to take a vacation they’ve paid for, but for free/gifted travel. Fucking grifters.
☝THIS. They want more press trips and gifted stays that are holidays disguised as work. I've been on a lot of work trips, and while there were nice meals here and there, I can assure you there were no lavish afternoon teas, free clothes and gifts, resort stays, or rooftop drinks with all my friends. I certainly didn't come home feeling refreshed and thinking: "Man, I really needed that 2 night trip to St. Louis." If you did, then newsflash: girl, you just went on vacation!

The greatest fallacy of influencer culture is that billable work = lifting your finger. Literally. Earning thousands of dollars by tagging a brand on an Instagram post about the amazing dinner party you attended with the most amazing people counts as a busy night. A packed day is taking a selfie on your way to a free haircut and picking up a parcel. Does anyone actually believe these people when they complain about how busy they are?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I didn't want to admit it but Lizzy does dress ugly now. She buys all of these expensive things only to end up looking basic and dishevelled. The most recent vlog is testament to that. She can do the boyish aesthetic thing and still look presentable and sleek. I miss when she used to wear more tailored clothing. Now all she wears is those boring Arket jeans and shapeless knits.

d0llhouse

Haven't listened to the podcast, but I commend Lindsey and her partner for calling it quits if their vision for the future wasn't aligned.

Suggesting that he couldn't possibly propose because of the pandemic -- when seemingly everyone and their grandma got married/engaged during lockdown -- was starting to make Lindsey sound increasingly delusional.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Lol “when I’m on holiday... when I have more time to read.” Girl, stop acting like you DON’T have all the time in the world right now.

297D8254-6482-4A6F-95CA-52FE6D5E8231.png

• Haha

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I never understood the purpose of the photoshoots Lizzy used to do with Dean, the majority weren’t even shot for ads and were only uploaded to her blog and IG like some weird vanity project.
Weird vanity project - applies to pretty much all these “influencers”! Do they ever take a step back and think, “what the fudge am I doing?! What value am I adding? What is the point of this?”

Do they think taking basically the same pictures over and over again is a blessing to the timeline? Or getting someone else to take the exact same picture adds to the viewer experience?

Living room. Rented space that looks like your living room. Street. Another street. Generic street in Europe. Street in Japan that I’ve sucked the life out of so now also looks like it could be London. Wow so many reflective surfaces. Bikini in garden. Bikini in kitchen. Cat everywhere.

Apologies. Apparently I’ve been driven mad.

• Haha
  • Heart

MoniC

Chatty Member
Is it just me or is this leg-lengthening getting ridiculous? I saw yesterday's post and immediately thought what the fuck, the proportions are off. At this point she resembles Slenderman more than her past self. You can't really blame it on angles because the photo was taken with the phone in front of her chest which would shorten most people but for some reason gives her 2m legs. As you can see in the little collage, her legs aren't really that long, even with heels and a tucked-in sweater! Her lower legs are literally than her torso and her head is smaller than her foot.
This reminds me of the thinspo-posts that went around Tumblr ca. 2015...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow

sfts

Lizzy, if you’re reading this, please drop Hannahlouisef or at least stop posing for photos with her because she does not have your best intentions at heart!!!!!! I understand the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer but damn...the photos she posts of you are evil babes xxx

Last edited:
  • Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I like the jumper, and I guess I can appreciate the price tag on certain people. Like if Alexa Chung had been wearing this I might have thought "yeah, can believe that's £1k." But for some reason every time Lizzy wears something I think "could have been £5 in a charity shop / vintage."
Ha, I actually believe the opposite. If I see it on Alexa Chung, I assume it's vintage or thrifted and she's made it look cool and expensive (OK, maybe not 2021 designer Chung, but definitely mid-Aughts Chung). Whereas with Lizzy, I know it cost at least £500 and she's made it look dowdy and unremarkable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

MoniC

Chatty Member
I fucking can't with her posts anymore. I don't need the millionth lamp, boob shot or fucking trash can on my feed, it's not even for the 🌃 aesthetic 🌃 anymore, it's just so...STUPID?? Every single time I see a picture of her on my IG I think "why does she feel the need to share this with her followers?? Why does this garbage still get likes and praise??" Time for me to unfollow, not good for my blood pressure lol

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
We are having a mini heatwave next Tuesday, waiting for the bikini picture and maybe iced coffee

• Haha

Artaud

Sounds odd to say but the loss of her dad is main reason I followed Lizzy I grew up with a grandparent who passed when I was 18. This is probably controversial but I’ve always thought Lizzy doesn’t realise that a lot of people go through the loss of a parent or guardian at a young age. Talking about her dad just highlights how unaware Lizzy is of how privileged she is, her mother being a successful and wealthy woman in her own right. And possibly more frustratingly Lizzy will often mention her dad passing but then doesn’t deliver anything of real depth.

The out of sync audio on her newest vlog is terrible, anyone else would re-film but not lacklustre Lizzy. It’s cool not to make an effort, right?

For anyone interested on Amazon if you take out a free Audible trial you can choose one free audiobook to download, their book is available.
I think I’m going to have to listen to this in thirty minute intervals but so far they haven’t said anything new. It sounds like a more tame, performative version of their podcast with a thesaurus thrown in. The friendship letters to each other was a bit nauseating though.

Has Lindsey moved into Joanna Halpin’s flat? One step closer to single white female-ing them.