Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like wearing jumper over my shoulders either. It makes me look very preppy or waspy or something like that.

I’ve also never gotten into the wearing your jacket loose over your shoulders either. My country is too rainy and windy for that. And I actually need to be able to do things in my life.

Reactions: 8
I don’t like wearing jumper over my shoulders either. It makes me look very preppy or waspy or something like that.

I’ve also never gotten into the wearing your jacket loose over your shoulders either. My country is too rainy and windy for that. And I actually need to be able to do things in my life.
preppy or waspy - That is literally Lizzy

Reactions: 8
I was reading an article today and came across the word ’shrobing - where one’s jumper is artfully draped around their shoulders with the arms tied at the front’.
I think if you’re ‘shrobing’ to transport the jumper with intention to wear it at some point then fair play. Intentionally ‘shrobing’, wearing a jumper as an accessory with no intention to actually wear it, just looks pretentious. There are so many people 'shrobing' in London, I wonder who they are all copying?

Another day, another bunch of toxic tulips.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
"Shrobing." Oh dear.

It looks like Lizzy is going to do her next Testing Basics on blazers, and she's already ordered new ones from Toteme, Filippa K, and Arket, despite owning I-don't-know-how-many already. Plus, she's asking her followers for more affordable brands than Arket. Let's be real, good blazers are not cheap, but isn't finding options her job? I guess nowadays she just waits for gifts to roll in, so she's too far removed to know what us proles are into. Reminds me of this quote from Arrested Development (RIP Jessica Walter):
1617555070547.png

Also, if I could have everyone's attention: Lizzy would casually like everyone to know she sleeps in the buff but totally not in a try-hard thirst-trap kind of way.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 9.33.08 AM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Also, if I could have everyone's attention: Lizzy would casually like everyone to know she sleeps in the buff but totally not in a try-hard thirst-trap kind of way.
Yeah, that’s what I got from this post too. So cringey and uncalled for.

Re: Arket: I actually do not find it that cheap. It might be that I’m a broke postgrad student, though.

Reactions: 9
Also, blazers....when she hasn’t worn them for almost a year!? Such overconsumption is just inconceivable to me, she already owns a million blazers that she’s not currently wearing, so why order another 6-7? For Christ’s sake Lizzy really needs some direction because her content is just plateauing more than it should! She used to have such creative potential and it actually makes me sad that she’s lost so much of what got her to where she is right now

Reactions: 10
Lizzy's testing basics series is an great idea executed really badly. I don't want to see successive buy NEW clothing to "test out" for a week if they already own plenty of blazers/tanks/tees/etc. that they could review instead!!!

Why she doesn't just talk about the blazers she owns is beyond me.

Lizzy's testing basics series is an great idea executed really badly. I don't want to see successive buy NEW clothing to "test out" for a week if they already own plenty of blazers/tanks/tees/etc. that they could review instead!!!

Why she doesn't just talk about the blazers she owns is beyond me.
Or, instead of buying a whole bunch of new blazers that look exactly the same, mix it up a little. Use an oversized blazer you already have. If she has to, she can buy a more fitted one or a tuxedo silhouette, a vintage one, etc. and then try to style them to make them relevant/on trend for now. I don’t know. I’m not an influencer so.

If they're all very oversized blazers identical to the ones she already owns I will be so unimpressed. At the top end, she could give a Balmain blazer a try. Or something from Smythe or Cefinn or Theory or Blaze Milano... All at Net-a-porter for the affiliate link money too :rolleyes: Plus she could get a good blazer from the M&S suiting range on the more affordable side of things.

Reactions: 12
Why do Lindsey’s jeans have a rip at the top of each leg 🤨🤦🏼‍♀️
Because they are MARGIELA and VERY expensive, thus FASHUN. I literally feel like my mom when I say the rips are stupid, but I'm sorry, they are, especially when they look identical to the Weekday jeans she posted not even a week ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lizzy could rent the blazers for testing basics?
also, someone mentioned arket being expensive - it’s SO expensive for what it is, if you’re on a budget and look closely enough H&M still comes up trumps on a lot of stuff. People like Lizzy frustrate me as they’ve completely missed the point of what sustainablity really is. I mean I can’t talk as I still buy from the high street 🙊

• Heart
Lizzy could rent the blazers for testing basics?
also, someone mentioned arket being expensive - it’s SO expensive for what it is, if you’re on a budget and look closely enough H&M still comes up trumps on a lot of stuff. People like Lizzy frustrate me as they’ve completely missed the point of what sustainablity really is. I mean I can’t talk as I still buy from the high street 🙊
Don’t say that! If it’s what you can afford, there’s absolutely no shame. The most sustainable thing is pieces you already own, so as long as you’re trying to only buy when you need to, shopping fast fashion is okay. And it’s important to keep in mind that it’s the upper middle/upper classes who are keeping fast fashion alive and well - those that shop at these stores regularly and buy a ton of stuff they don’t wear because they can, not because they have to.

• Heart
Don’t say that! If it’s what you can afford, there’s absolutely no shame. The most sustainable thing is pieces you already own, so as long as you’re trying to only buy when you need to, shopping fast fashion is okay. And it’s important to keep in mind that it’s the upper middle/upper classes who are keeping fast fashion alive and well - those that shop at these stores regularly and buy a ton of stuff they don’t wear because they can, not because they have to.
I actually purchased an Arket coat and then noticed Lizzie got in one of her *kindly gifted* Arket hauls... I've worn it nearly every day this winter, whereas in her case I never saw it again! I think that shopping / re-styling your own wardrobe is a far more interesting concept, rather than just buying more stuff. I need to do this myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Vogue did a series of YouTube videos where they got celebrities/models/whoever to style 7 looks for 7 days and it was absolutely brilliant! Alexa Chung also did a similar thing on her channel with 5 looks in 5 minutes, I think it would be so good to see Lizzy try and do something like that where she gives herself a time limit to come up with different outfits for different themes/events. It might bring back some creativity but that might just be me being optimistic and flogging a dead horse

• Heart
Vogue did a series of YouTube videos where they got celebrities/models/whoever to style 7 looks for 7 days and it was absolutely brilliant! Alexa Chung also did a similar thing on her channel with 5 looks in 5 minutes, I think it would be so good to see Lizzy try and do something like that where she gives herself a time limit to come up with different outfits for different themes/events. It might bring back some creativity but that might just be me being optimistic and flogging a dead horse
I feel like the options are endless, and encouraging her followers to shop their closets or try styling things they may be considering giving away differently is not only sustainable, it’s also a lot more realistic. But that would take work and, let’s be real, talent.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.